2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
    Hey! You're sitting next to me er, how do you feel about cameras and very large flashes?.....
    Considering the name, large flashes might not be a problem.

Christmaslight.... are you a the blinking type.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite View Post
      Don't forget to learn everything about Curling.
      Yess curling! Rent the movie "Men with Brooms"; explains the game well, and is hilarious.

You'll be Canadianized in no time We welcome newcomers!

Comment

Ok....this year for Vancouver, I didn't decide to go until about 2 months before the con. NOW, I am excited that I have a ticket for 2008....but the ANTICIPATION is going to kill me. Thank goodness for Gateworld--at least we can all be excited and anxious together.

I will definitely arrive early to Vancouver for 2008. I wasn't able to do the GW activities (except for AG's excellent party) due to time and toes. I cannot miss out again!

Next year, I will wear steel toe boots for the month BEFORE the con to protect my toes!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
          Yep! If I'm reading the Confirmation Email correctly I'm in E29!!! Still can't believe I'm going!! Hope to take in a few location spots too! Particularly NID HQ and "O' Malley's" (...come on..any Irish connection!!) and Tollana etc.! Have begun in earnest in my Canadian Studies (aside from the music and actors listed above) I am now watching Ice Hockey and following the legend that is Wayne Gretzky No 99...The Great One...! ...well it's aboot time!

Slan go foill!

Go Canucks!

S'n'T
          Don't forget Tim Hortons, or Timmies, as we say in Canada. It's a Canadian tradition, eh? especially if you r-r-r-r-roll up the rim. Okay, now my Irish friend, do you need a translation for all of that?

And don't listen to that Aussie, Nathan. Timmies is the best.
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

.....and those nanaimo bars.

Comment

TechnoWraith 2008: The Capilano Experience!

Come one, come all! Join us for an exciting exhilarating thrill!

Cross Vancouver's Premier Capilano Suspoension Bridge! Not for the faint hearted. If you're brave enough to conquer the bridge, try your mettle on the TreeTops Adventure, a soaring walkway 100 feet above the forest floor!

For those who wish to join the Capilano tour next year at 2008, sign up here!

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post

Cross Vancouver's Premier Capilano Suspoension Bridge! Not for the faint hearted. If you're brave enough to conquer the bridge, try your mettle on the TreeTops Adventure, a soaring walkway 100 feet above the forest floor!

I had no idea that Wraith loved heights. And where were you last night, bucko? I missed you!

Comment

It's really not for the faint-hearted... coz TW tends to jump up & down on the bridge
                  sigpic
                  sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
                    It's really not for the faint-hearted... coz TW tends to jump up & down on the bridge
                    I'll have to give it serious consideration before I sign up. I want to see more of Vancouver. I've already been to Vancouver twice and the only scenary I saw was the moutains in the distance on the way to and from the airport lol

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                      .....and those nanaimo bars.
                      Hee! Did everybody get a taste of those at AG's party?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                        Hey! You're sitting next to me er, how do you feel about cameras and very large flashes?.....
                        Sweet!!

I own quite the flash and camera combo myself, so I'm actually feeling more interested in the equipment you use than terrified for my eyesight.
                        Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.

Comment

I'll go on this for the 'experience'!!!! Sounds more fun than me taking relatives or friends when they come visit!!! A crazy bunch of Gateworlders and a suspension bridge...always an interesting combination!!!!

There is also the smaller suspension bridge in Lynn Canyon. I think it's more scary than Capilano....it may be smaller but it swings and bounces more!! So the question is...mad tour with Technowraith or smaller suspension bridge that looks tame but isn't?!!! Have to cross it whilst holding on to large cups of Tim Horton's coffee to have that 'real' Canadian experience!!!

As for the r-r-r-r-roll up the rim Timmies thing....beware, that can get ugly! 10/12 year olds fighting over who owned the winning cup. The kid who bought and drank the drink or the kid who helped her roll up the rim!!!!LOL!

I conquered my fear of heights when I went on the Lynn Canyon bridge. I froze half way and thought what am I doing???!!! Then I thought I can't stay here forever so continued on. After that I had to come back over it and found it was really easy...after that, Capilano...no problem!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by TechnoWraith

Sign me up! I'll be up for pretty much anything next year.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, i already have one person interested!

Squeee!!!!!

TechnoWraith 2008: The Capilano Experience

Attendees:

TechnoWraith
                              Talkan

Here's the Official Capilano Suspension Bridge site. Go there for detailed information about the park and the bridge itself.

Comment

Oh, i already have one person interested!

Squeee!!!!!

TechnoWraith 2008: The Capilano Experience

Attendees:

TechnoWraith
                                Talkan

Here's the Official Capilano Suspension Bridge site. Go there for detailed information about the park and the bridge itself.

A squeeing Wraith. The Queen would not be amused. Sign me up too, TW.

Comment

Working...
                                X