Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!....
    I can get back into the forum!
    I haven't been able to get in on my Mac for a week or so now. I know they've been having some serious glitches with the forum. Hopefully they've sorted most of them out now.
    So Hello everybody. Hope you're all having a good summer.
    I'm trying to...in between the thunderstorms and days so hot and humid it's like walking out into a sauna when you leave the house.
    Still, can't complain. The rest of Canada is getting some freaky stuff. We've got large areas flooded in central Canada and other parts with huge forest fires. Seems an unusual distribution of the elements is on the increase here....must be the work of aliens!

Cheers all
    Sech.
    sigpic

Comment

I know this is mainly a thread about the Con, but I am planning a trip to Vancouver next month and I am wondering if anyone can give me some tips of where to stay, what to see and do and restaurants to eat at.....

Thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
        I know this is mainly a thread about the Con, but I am planning a trip to Vancouver next month and I am wondering if anyone can give me some tips of where to stay, what to see and do and restaurants to eat at.....

Thanks!
        Try this, nice list of hotels to browse through.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/SmartDeals...tel-Deals.html

Hotels in Downtown Vancouver are obviously more expensive but North Vancouver ones have cheaper rates, and you can get to the tourist sites like Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension Bridge easily from there by transit and to the rest of Vancouver by bus and the Seabus. Vancouver has such an incredible variety of different places to eat and wonderful food you can find anything you want by just wandering around, that is an adventure in itself!

One thing I would suggest, hire a car if you want to see more of the wonderful scenery. Take a drive along the Sea to Sky Highway to Whistler, or wander around Horseshoe Bay. When I first came to Vancouver as a tourist hiring a car made all the difference, you could get round to see much more, especially if you are only there for a few days. Parking is a bit of pain in Downtown but if you don't mind paying you will always find a spot. However it is best to get a travel pass for transit and that gets you round everywhere on the buses and Skytrain in Vancouver itself.

Here is Vancouver's transit system info: Translink

Of course there's Stargate related stuff you can do by visiting some of the locations. If there are any specific places that you've seen in any of the series' that you thought, 'I wish I could go there!' Well, I could probably tell you where it is. Perhaps we could get together, I haven't visited the new 'Cliiff Walk' thing they've added as another thing to scare the pants of you if you are a bit scared of heights at the Capilano Suspension Bridge yet, so I'd be happy to take you there or any Stargate locations. It would have to be on a weekend though as I can't escape from work for a while to take leave.

If you have any more questions I'd be happy to try and answer them.

Comment

Thanks Krisz! This time it is hubby and me driving up there, and we are only there for two days. He is gone a lot though on travel, so next time he is gone, I might take you up on your offer, and come up there by myself and meet with you!
          sigpic

Comment

Bump!

Because we're awesome.

And because I'll be seeing some of my Vancouver 2008 friends in Chicago in 2 weeks. Yay! We should do a mini-reunion photo or something...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
              Bump!

Because we're awesome.

And because I'll be seeing some of my Vancouver 2008 friends in Chicago in 2 weeks. Yay! We should do a mini-reunion photo or something...
              How about a photo of you me and Paul in Ireland for the VanCon get 2Gether .

Wha Hey for Page 1 ...
              CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
              Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
              Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
              Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
              Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
              Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Wait a minute Padraig...
                You get to be Ronon and i have to be Zalenka????
                e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Because it just HAS to be done...

Thanks for the memories - hope all of you are having a wonderful time with your families and friends...

Mr and Mrs Deeds xxx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Love and miss you all...hope 2012 brings you everything you want...

Deeds xx
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi All

Just checking in. Haven't been on here in ages. Am doing the re-watch but have been insanely busy. All good here in Ireland!! Met up recently with Master Bray Tack!!
                      Best to all for 2012!!

Can you believe it's almost FOUR years since Van Con 2008???

Best

S'n'T
                      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                      Sara O' Neill's father;
                      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Hola, peeps. What's shaking with the thread that never died?
                        ^_^

Comment

Aren't you the guy that always revives this thread? Hmmm...I think I remember you.
                          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Lol. It's not ALWAYS me... If you check the last few posts, you'll find many people have kept this thread alive.

Comment

2008 - the last Vancouver Con where, to me, it seemed all about just having fun with friends ...

Glad I have such good memories of this year, and the two before it...

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

Just an FYI - Managed to get Cuddles to London. Ensured he was well fed before walking around downtown. Don't want an international incident.

Cuddles in London.jpg
                                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X