2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
    I love seeing pics of Canada, even though I live here!!! But then again, I love seeing pics of anywhere....
    Those are BEAUTIFUL piccies, Toomi!
    I'm afraid that you'll be pretty disappointed in L.A. this November
    Well... until Ben's onstage anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
      Those are BEAUTIFUL piccies, Toomi!
      I'm afraid that you'll be pretty disappointed in L.A. this November
      Well... until Ben's onstage anyway
      Never... I'll have my camera and the Pacific Ocean as my playground.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kamala42 View Post
        You're right! How could I forget beautiful (and soft like cashmere) Sedge??!!

My sister had to put down her 13yr old cat today....I am having a sad and sappy fuzzy creature day....
        My condolences to you & your sister Kamala. My cats are my children. I feel your pain.

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
        okay, need to come here to de-stress...well, good news, i start work on thursday..yay!! bad news, i will have to save up money for student loans (thank goodness for consolidation, lowers monthly payments) and my other loan (nursing loan) mum is gonna help me pay that whole loan off so i won't have to worry about repaying that one just my federal stafford loans...i am just worrying, cuz i have never been in debt before and just starting a job, hopefully that won't take all my wages i make but it will all work out
        Hey PM, speaking professionally & personally you have nothing to worry about. Congrats on getting the education & your new job. I'm looking forward to meeting you next year.

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        I got that magic phone call today. I go for orientation tomorrow. I'll have to open a special 'con' account for all these conventions that I hope to attend.
        Yeah Mamasue. Congrats on your job. I really hope you can come next year.

Originally posted by Triskele925 View Post
        Oh gosh Liz! That's absolutely gorgeous! Next time I am in BC I will definitely have to check that out. It looks really amazing (especially to someone who lives about as far away from any type of mountains as humanly possible lol!) I can see how that would destress you. Peaceful!
        I second that! Any chance of you coming next year?
        sigpic
        Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

Originally posted by DanaLee View Post
          Sadly, not at this point We have to do a 'whole family' vacation next year, so that my dad doesn't get the idea that we don't like him But, if we do randomly come into an unexpected windfall of money between now and then (it's totally the time for our lottery numbers to come up!) then we should be seeing you there! Maybe, if Gatecon is significantly cheaper, then we'll try and hit that one up. Either way, 2009 is almost definitely happening.

Congrats everyone on their new jobs! I just got a new job too, I'm starting next week at Payless Shoes and already did my orientation. It's...interesting to say the least, but it will pay for the trip to London, England that I'm taking in August! Is anyone from around there? Any places that I should visit?

Comment

Originally posted by DanaLee View Post
            Yeah Mamasue. Congrats on your job. I really hope you can come next year.
            Thanks, and I'm gonna try!

Comment

I love seeing pics of Canada, even though I live here!!! But then again, I love seeing pics of anywhere....

Some of mine, thumbnails coz they're so huge:
              Spoiler:

Near Beaver Mines in the Crowsnest Pass, Southern Alberta

Lundbrek Falls, Crowsnest Pass.

PowderFace Trail by a Memorium for 2 pilots killed while training for WW2. K-Country, Alberta

Was thinking of driving to the con but not sure. Trans Canada Hwy and Crowsnest Pass can be nasty at that time of year. Any other Albertans/ B.C'ers planning on driving?
              Beautiful pictures Toomie, especially the waterfall, love those as well! I will have to see these places for myself. We are planning a trip to Alberta at the beginning of next month. My son's friend is coming again to visit for my son's 18th birthday so we thought we'd go further afield this time and see some more of Canada! You really can't help taking pictures here!

Triskele- Congrats on your new job ....and you're going to England, yay!

I used to live near London. You'll love it, there is so much to do there I don't know where to start for what to see!!! Take a double decker open top bus tour, that way you see the main sights and then you can go back to anything you want to spend more time at. I did it once, it's fun being a tourist where you live sometimes! For amazing Ancient Egyptian artefacts you've got to go to the British Museum, I love that place! You get to see the Rosetta stone too, without which Daniel would never have known what Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs say!!

There is also the London Eye. It's a large ferris wheel that goes round slowly and it takes you four hundred feet up and on a good day you see London sprawling into the distance all around you. I haven't been on it but everyone says it's worth doing.

Comment

Thanks for the congrats everyone Can't wait to start orientation on Tuesday!! Yay! I am back in the work force (from being in school, just wish I would have made it to the last semester of nursing, cuz I would have made a great nurse...ah well, maybe someday still). But it will feel weird from previously being a nursing assistant in a nursing home to going into retail (never done that before) but it will be fun...I love Kohl's.

Anyway, I am bored and so I looked up the post standings for this thread...I cannot believe I am #2! AG then me then Neelan

Arctic Goddess 81
                Potions_Mistress 57
                Neelan_Liquor 53
                Nathan 48
                cute_az_can_be 45
                TechnoWraith 41
                mamasue9 37
                OregonJen 36
                Snowflake 33
                kamala42 32
                DJFavorite 32
                Toomi 28
                Krisz 26
                L-JADE 23

Here's the rest
                Spoiler:
                Triskele925 16
                kiwigater 14
                Shirt'n'Tie 14
                DanaLee 13
                thephoenix77 11
                Queen Eleta 10
                starwanderer 9
                Daniel's shadow 9
                antoa315 8
                Demonique 8
                Lea 7
                lili_fair 6
                Christmaslight 5
                ShepsAngel 5
                talkan 5
                gatehoppe 5
                Alnitak 3
                svala 3
                CKO 2
                Sa'Hut_IH' 2
                nic82au 2
                4prettierships 2
                ancrom 2
                Atlantia 2
                LA-Gater 2
                cindyz 1
                stargatingit 1
                panikin 1
                purpletoo1 1
                Korean_Turtle87 1
                FaithStars 1
                Short Angel 1
                tsaxlady 1
                pisces27 1
                prion 1
                Zed.P.M. 1
                Kliggins 1
                jannagalaxy 1
                Naeara 1
                vaberella 1
                sabrina_lane03 1
                discodiva 1
                Mercury973 1
                Jolinar68 1
                sigpic

Comment

Cuz we're all so darn excited... wonder what the counts will be closer to April? not that I'm volunteering to count.....
                  sigpic

Comment

i dunno but GW counts them automatically...just click on the number under the replies column and it pops open a window
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Triskele925 View Post
                      Congrats everyone on their new jobs! I just got a new job too, I'm starting next week at Payless Shoes and already did my orientation. It's...interesting to say the least, but it will pay for the trip to London, England that I'm taking in August! Is anyone from around there? Any places that I should visit?
                      Congrats on your new job! Oh how I wish I could go to England! Maybe someday.

Comment

It was killing me that i couldn't go this year, because the con was just a half hour drive from my house.

I'm so there next year.
                        Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
                          It was killing me that i couldn't go this year, because the con was just a half hour drive from my house.

I'm so there next year.
                          Know how you feel! I didn't go in 2006 and wasn't too sure about 2007 but I thought....OK, I'm going! The people here on GW helped me make my mind up and I'm glad I did as a last minute decision. Met a load of lovely people..

Although I won't be going to the con itself next year, I will be around for all the other fun bits and we may meet at one of the parties.

Welcome to the fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                            I prefer Cap'n Morgan and Diet Coke, myself Antoa315 does, too YUM!

So, you're in Florida then? Definately a GREAT lake for destressing!

Antoa315 can have any drink she wants......as long as she brings those Stargate figures again!.....

Deeds xx
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Some of mine, thumbnails coz they're so huge:
                              Spoiler:

Near Beaver Mines in the Crowsnest Pass, Southern Alberta

Lundbrek Falls, Crowsnest Pass.

PowderFace Trail by a Memorium for 2 pilots killed while training for WW2. K-Country, Alberta

Was thinking of driving to the con but not sure. Trans Canada Hwy and Crowsnest Pass can be nasty at that time of year. Any other Albertans/ B.C'ers planning on driving?

We drove both the Crownest Pass and The Trans Canada Hwy this year - but it was about 3 weeks after the Con.....both were fine.....roads were clear but the snow was simply gorgeous to look at.....Banff was the worst weather - still -1 deg C and snowing on the Friday....and we hit a blizzard on the way up to Nelson the week before.....we've taken hundreds of pics so I won't bore you with those...but my favs are these two.....a sort of comparison from our two trips to Lake Louise....

Lake Louise - August 2005

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...5/IMG_0675.jpg

Lake Louise - April 2007

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...7/IMGP0675.jpg

Deeds xx *is very proud we covered over 4,000km on our Road Trip this year*
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I will be driving from Kelowna, Neo will be driving from Edmonton. Neo picks me up on the way to Van. the roads this year were really nice, no snow(except for me ) and no fog. So it was an easy drive. As far as I know Neo had a good drive in and out of Kelowna.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by DanaLee
                                posted by:Triskele925
                                Sadly, not at this point We have to do a 'whole family' vacation next year, so that my dad doesn't get the idea that we don't like him But, if we do randomly come into an unexpected windfall of money between now and then (it's totally the time for our lottery numbers to come up!) then we should be seeing you there! Maybe, if Gatecon is significantly cheaper, then we'll try and hit that one up. Either way, 2009 is almost definitely happening.

I know a few people from England, and half my family is going there in august.
                                congratulations!
                                FYI -I would so get you autographs from the con in Van if you wanted to shoot me shoe's
                                Music and Stargate
                                sigpic
                                Perfection

Comment

Working...
                                X