No announcement yet.

2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see it's up to $4,050.00 now.....going to be a big one I reckon!!...

S'n'T....I can just imagine what fun you and the guys had at Science World.....my son loved it when we went in 2006!!....

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Science World rocks! And ever since I saw that short film "Breakdown" I really laugh!!

Any=hoo, yes those auctions are totally "gazinga $$$$"....and this is a recession? All for a good cause, so very admirable. I seem to recall lunch with RDA at GateCon went for like 38,ooo$ ! YIKES!

Talk soon all

S'n'T
      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
      Sara O' Neill's father;
      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
        Hello everyone from sunny and not so sunny California. I'm with Jenny and she says "A Huge Hello!" back to everyone.

Deeds - Congratulations on your really tough challenge and in losing the weight. My dad had type II and he really struggled with it.

Padraig - sounds like you had a blast! I'm sure we all wish we could be there partying with you. I'd love a pub visit some day.

S&T - I know, never a dull minute with me. All I can say is, I wish I could do normal. Seems every time I go somewhere or do something, things go haywire! I wish I could take credit for it all. Ok, maybe some of it. I do tend to mess up on details from time to time.

Anyway, we postponed my grand appearance at the San Diego Midway Aircraft carrier due to rain. I was going to be holding two flag poles, and Jenny thought, "hmmm, possible lightning and flag poles...maybe not a good plan". I likely would have got lots of publicity though.

"Canadian Woman gets fried - more at 11".

Here are some news articles:

Canadian woman shows her spirit for America
        By Diane Bell
        Union-Tribune Columnist

2:00 a.m. February 3, 200

Patricia Stewart is on a crusade.

She is a Canadian who wants to thank America.

Stewart, 48, a housewife and employment counselor, is spending about $1,000 to fly to Southern California this week to stand on a street corner in Los Angeles and in San Diego holding a sign that says: “Thank you, America, from this Canadian.”

To emphasize her mission, she will be flanked by U.S. and Canadian flags.

In an interview from her home in Cold Lake, Alberta, late last week, Stewart said she grew tired of hearing people denigrate Americans.

“I was especially upset when people in the Middle East were cheering after the attacks on the World Trade Center,” she said.

Stewart wrote down her thoughts on why America is great and how U.S. citizens have aided others under attack during World War I, World War II and more recent conflicts; how we have defended freedom of speech; helped countries around the globe deal with disaster; and engineered advances in technology.

She approached Cliff Simon, a South African-born actor who lives in Los Angeles, whom she met at a seminar. They decided to collaborate and create a four-minute CD, “American Affirmations,” with Simon narrating Stewart's words. Their message was broadcast over American Forces Network, and Stewart said the response from troops was so positive she decided to ramp up her efforts.

Hence, she will stand on a street corner in Los Angeles from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow and Friday on Harbor Drive in San Diego, near the Midway Museum, saying, “Thank you” to passers-by.

Stewart's goal is to “tell America that there are lots of things to celebrate about this country, and there are still many people who are not American-born who are thankful that America exists.”

Today at 09:29
        A giant 'thank you' to all Americans
        Albertan to spread her message on U. S. street corners
        Canwest News Service
        Published: Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Patricia Stewart says she loves every single American -- and now she's got a plan to show them.

Stewart, who lives in Cold Lake, Alta., plans to stand on a street corner in Los Angeles today and in San Diego on Friday, draped in Canadian and American flags, holding a sign that reads, "Thank you, Americans, from this Canadian."

"Americans have always been the first to go in with disaster relief, they've committed their own people to freeing the world from tyrannical leaders, and still people claim to hate them,"Stewart said of the motivation behind her trip.

"The American people have gotten so much bad press lately that it's time they were made aware that they are still a good nation."

She also hopes to hand out copies of American Affirmations, a CD she produced with Cliff Simon, an actor best known as Ba'al from the Stargate science-fiction TV series.

Kicking off with a booming timpani roll and the sound of a lone trumpeter, the five-minute recording features Simon waxing poetic about American virtues such as democracy and freedom of speech.

Stewart, 46, said the recording isn't intended to change the minds of people who hate America, but more to let Americans know that there are plenty of people who love them.

Cold Lake is about 350 kilometres northeast of Edmonton.

© The Calgary Herald 2009

Feel free to tell all your media connections, heh heh.

P

Oh, and Kamala42 is fine and doing well. She's trying to get tickets to the Vancouver con. I hope it works for her.
        AG!!! You are such a Rock Star!!! So proud of you!

Yes, I am alive and doin' fine. Being a small business owner was quite "eventful" during the end of 2008....

But, things are on the upswing and I WILL be in Vancouver. I know I will get a ticket...I will "write it into my movie" in the words of Ken Kesey.

I MISS everyone and can't wait to get good and "fan-crazy" with all of you!

Can't wait to see you AG, Miss Jenny, Krisz, Sech, Ana, Sarah, and the WHOLE Daedalus crew...

xoxox----k.42
        sigpic

Comment

Karen: Tickets available on EBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Gold-Tickets-t...210201002r7411
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Reading these posts about Amanda Tapping, London, and elevenses (makes me nostalgic for my Paddington Bear btw) is leaving me with a big wistful, dreamy *sigh*. To all of you going to AT4: have a blast for me .

To all of you back in Vancouver in April: I'm getting really excited about seeing you again -
            Starwanderer
            Secaucus, NJ Stargate Con Attendee 2004

Comment

Michael D Adamthwaite/Herak has allowed me to interview him. The interview can be found here:

http://www.stargategalaxy.com/index.php?topic=2123.0

Please do sign up as a member of the site. We also need more Role players.
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

Hey there Padraig!! When are you getting your little Irish butt back to Canada?

Shirt & Tie: Same question!!!

Or am I going to have to come down there!!!

[/COLOR][/B]
                Soon . A very Strong YES For 2010 Vancouver .
                CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Now Padraig...

You got me thinkin'........

S'n'T
                  Sara O' Neill's father;
                  COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Hey all,

I finally have a bit of news to share. If you're interested, maybe you'd like to check out our blog: http://jeffjennie.blogspot.com

Greetings to all my con-going friends.

Jennie
                    OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonJen View Post
                      Hey all,

I finally have a bit of news to share. If you're interested, maybe you'd like to check out our blog: http://jeffjennie.blogspot.com

Jennie
                      That's wonderful news.

Comment

Hey all,

Jennie

Delighted for you both.....those kids are sure going to be lucky kids.....you are the best!!...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                          That's wonderful news.
                          Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                          Delighted for you both.....those kids are sure going to be lucky kids.....you are the best!!...

Deeds xx
                          Thanks so much! I appreciate the support!!
                          OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Hey all,

Jennie
                            <<<HUGS>>> What wonderful news for you!
                            Starwanderer
                            Secaucus, NJ Stargate Con Attendee 2004

Comment

Hey there OJ!!

Talk about telepathy!! I was here yesterday and I left my comment and as ALWAYS...I forgot to say something about someone...but you were in my thoughts!! Wow, that is great news! I left a comment over on your blog. I have told the girls...they are all thrilled!

Talk soon all!!

S'n'T
                              Sara O' Neill's father;
                              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Hey all,

Jennie
                                I am not an overly spazzy person, but I just jumped up and down on my chair about 12 times!!! That is the best news I have had all week!!!!! And don't worry about getting everything ready, you are going to be the best Parents a child could hope for!!!
                                .....I am still bouncing up and down..lol

from Master Bray Tack
                                Snow Flake :
                                That was the fastest Greeting Ever . But well noted . You must be Busy Busy Busy . How are things in your World . Colour of the Sky , stuff like that .
                                I am busy, just got invited to a gala(black tie) dinner at a prestigious hotel, for the amount of money I raised for charity at one of my jobs. I get to nosh some fancy grub with a bunch of high powered bosses, from all over B.C.
                                I get to wear a fancy dress!!!!!!
                                I am working out on my wii fit cause I gained mass amounts of weight from quiting smoking.
                                And I am trying to get over the fact that I can't see you all in April
                                I miss everyone!!!!

How are you??? working hard? living life to the fullest? Is the color of your sky purple and green too??

How is everyone else???
                                Music and Stargate
                                sigpic
                                Perfection

Comment

Working...
                                X