2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone!

L-Jade... Was E29 a "good" seat? vis a vis pictures etc? And also agree with the above... a large part of my going is to see the Set, but also agree given my experience at Avalon (my one and only con) that meeting other GWers is SO worth the trip!! Have just realised the time difference here (Vancouver is 8 hours behind, so as I head homeward, you are starting your day's work...) Small planet!! Finally...suggested motto for Con 08
    "What happens in Vancouver.....rarely happens in Canada!!!!!!"

Ciao

S'n'T
    "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
    Sara O' Neill's father;
    COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Pretty much depend on the actors, I got several good pics of David De Luise coz he's equally on both side of the stage, not so much on Dan Shea coz he moved a lot & too fast (he's like Energizer Bunny ) I don't have a lot of Steve Bacic coz he stood more to the left of the stage or sat on the Goa'uld chair But if you have good zoom-lens, then anywhere is OK really ...

The seat next to me E28 was empty the whole convention, so I can move a bit to take pics. But I kept thinking, poor guy... already bought the ticket but couldn't make it to the convention
      sigpic
      sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinar68 View Post
        Will be there, too. Seat No: D33

It's my first con outside Germany.

When I'm honest I'm just there because I want to see the set
        No, just kidding, but it will be interesting and maybe disappointing when I see that everything is much smaller than on TV.
        The only set that's gonna throw you for a loop is the Atlantis set. When you get there, you'll see what i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
          Hi Everyone!

L-Jade... Was E29 a "good" seat? vis a vis pictures etc? And also agree with the above... a large part of my going is to see the Set, but also agree given my experience at Avalon (my one and only con) that meeting other GWers is SO worth the trip!! Have just realised the time difference here (Vancouver is 8 hours behind, so as I head homeward, you are starting your day's work...) Small planet!! Finally...suggested motto for Con 08

Ciao

S'n'T
          So you have E29 for '08?
          No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
            not to mention some of us (like me) are young and impressionable and might go into shock when people start talking about boobies!
            Young and impressionable? What planet are you from, again?
            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

i just had a thought...since i have to wait for more money to decide if i can go or not...i wouldn't care what seat i was in...i would just be in vancouver and that's what counts how's that for positive thinking
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                That's pretty much what the motto for the FS cons is!
                "What happens in Barbank gets posted on the internet!!!"

And if you really need to know about the Boobs of Doom, PM me
                It's not embarrassing, just too involved for a post in here.
                Hmmm.... I'll have to remember that!!!

Don't scare me, it'll be my first FS con!
                sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
                  Hi Everyone!

Ciao

S'n'T
                  I'd seen the Atlantis set already when I went to the Halloween Haunted Studio tour Bridge Studio does. Seeing it for the first time is a fantastic experience and it was just as good going back again for a more thorough tour as part of the con experience. Seeing the SGC and the SG1 gate was the thing for me. Going up that ramp and standing in front of the gate was the highlight for me!

Of course my first experience of a con this year was made by all the other people I met. You will have to go to AG's Fan Party as it was there I met other Gateworlders face to face after getting to know them here. All the great people here was the reason I actually took the plunge and went to the con, on my own as well!

Don't think I can go in 2008 though due to money...but hey..I said that this year and found some!!! Without robbing a bank I hasten to add!!! LOL!

I will be going to AG's party again and meet some of you on self organised location tours or bouncing around on the Capilano Suspension bridge.. !!!

LOL! like the motto!!!! The rest of Canada probably think of Vancouver as a crazy place, mercifully far out on the west coast with a huge mountain range in between!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta

Don't scare me, it'll be my first FS con!
                    *waves at Queen Eleta * ... SEE YOU IN BURBANK at the FS Con

( FS fans don `t bite....often ... ... )

... *KJ who is lost in green * ...

Comment

Originally posted by cute_az_can_be View Post
                      I just received an e-mail from the creation ticket people and apparantly they sold my ticket to the original person who sat in it. So DJFavorite if you could when you get a chance my new seat is C21. *giggles* I moved up a row

-JJ
                      Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                      Mwahahahaha. You're totally next to me!

*seat C22*
                      Yea! and right near me in C25. MamaSue your not going to take your seat back are you?
                      sigpic
                      Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

Ok, I think the seating chart is updated with all the correct seat assignments for 2008.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AMgeRh5...art%202008.htm

There seems to be a strange mob of folks congregating near the front on the right side.
                        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanaLee View Post
                          Yea! and right near me in C25. MamaSue your not going to take your seat back are you?
                          party in row C!!! *dances around*

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                            That's pretty much what the motto for the FS cons is!
                            "What happens in Barbank gets posted on the internet!!!"

Uh, oh. Must remember to be on best behaviour....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanaLee View Post
                              Nope. If I wanted to keep that seat, I had to let them know before the end of the con. If I go again, it will be for photo ops, a location tour(maybe), and the GW related events. I'm not buying a Gold or Preferred ticket.

Comment

DJ - the file is lost again
                                The right side at the front is where all the coooool people are! *preens*

Comment

Working...
                                X