2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
    .....*snort*.....*gigglesnort*....*giggle*.....

We MUST have PINEAPPLE.

Okay so it isn't the most convincing pineapple, but still!!!!

*snortle*.....well I do have the zip ties in my PE Survival Kit.....

BTW...got Vols 3 & 4 of the PE CD's for you too....

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
      *snortle*.....well I do have the zip ties in my PE Survival Kit.....

BTW...got Vols 3 & 4 of the PE CD's for you too....

Deeds xx
      Why am I suddenly worried?

I can bring my iPod Shuffle which has some Arragant Worms on it. (They extole the virtues of Canada so I thinl it would be appropriate.)
      sigpic
      thanks Stef
      Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

I'm using these..

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...on2008GWID.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...2008IDcopy.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          Shippychick, there will be a microphone that will send the sound to the speakers in the ceiling, so as long as you guys can provide external, speakers with the lap top and ipod, no worries. Please remember to play middle of the road music, however.
          Okay then. If we can set up speakers OR a laptop in front of a mic, then no worries! I don't have much "middle of the road" kind of music on my iPod, although I do have LOTS of '80s stuff We can skip through that.

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          I can bring my computer speakers and subwoofer if that helps. It will need a laptop with a good soundcard though to give the sound we may need. My laptop's soundcard is useless.
          Don't think we'll need it since there's apparently a microphone and built-in speakers in the room we'll be using.

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
          I did it.... yay I figured it out with my ghettofide editing program!
          How's this look?
          Spoiler:
          Looks AWESOME!! I think it's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
            Okay then. If we can set up speakers OR a laptop in front of a mic, then no worries! I don't have much "middle of the road" kind of music on my iPod, although I do have LOTS of '80s stuff We can skip through that.

Don't think we'll need it since there's apparently a microphone and built-in speakers in the room we'll be using.

Looks AWESOME!! I think it's perfect.
            Can someone define 'middle of the road' music for me? So I can make a Vancouver playlist. I have both Stargate soundtracks on there, not sure that would be 'legal'?

The soundcard in my laptop is pretty bad, but for background music it shouldn't be a big deal IMO.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
              Can someone define 'middle of the road' music for me? So I can make a Vancouver playlist. I have both Stargate soundtracks on there, not sure that would be 'legal'?

The soundcard in my laptop is pretty bad, but for background music it shouldn't be a big deal IMO.
              PM me a list of the artists you have and I'll let you know.
              Hopefully, you have some pop and/or country on your list. I'm pretty much all rock and alternative. Although Enya did get into mine somehow

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                PM me a list of the artists you have and I'll let you know.
                Hopefully, you have some pop and/or country on your list. I'm pretty much all rock and alternative. Although Enya did get into mine somehow
                Hmmm, that would be a very long list... I'll send you some, thanks.
                I definitely have some pop music, no country though. Nothing more recent than 2002 or so either, I kind of lost interest in current music, that has to mean I'm getting old.
                sigpic

Comment

I definitely have some pop music, no country though. Nothing more recent than 2002 or so either, I kind of lost interest in current music, that has to mean I'm getting old.
                  Dude! You should see the list I just PMed AG!
                  And I have plenty of current music... rock, of course
                  Hopefully, Shippy will load some other stuff onto her iPod

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's shadow View Post
                    Oh man, does that mean us hussies cannot play

AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long

At least we have guacomole right AG? Pretty please?

YES! Absoutely! Can't have a party without guacomole!

Since it looks like you guys have the music well in hand, I'll let you decide what you want. Great list, Neelan. And I'm looking forward to the absurd and the sublime in your music choices..
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

Since it looks like you guys have the music well in hand, I'll let you decide what you want. Great list, Neelan. And I'm looking forward to the absurd and the sublime in your music choices..
                      The "absurd" and "sublime" huh? *runs to iTunes to get some Sublime*
                      You think The Eagles don't mesh well with Godsmack? Or Enya with Disturbed?

Comment

Noooooo..........you're never too old for music!....in the past 5 years I've seen over 100 bands/singers live and been to 4 music festivals.....and danced with the best of them....and I'll be 50 this July....

I'll never be too old for music.....even if they have to wheel me out in my eighties....

Deeds xx
                        sigpic

Comment

Noooooo..........you're never too old for music!....in the past 5 years I've seen over 100 bands/singers live and been to 4 music festivals.....and danced with the best of them....and I'll be 50 this July....

I'll never be too old for music.....even if they have to wheel me out in my eighties....

Deeds xx
                          Hey! I didn't say I'm too old for music! I just don't enjoy the current popular music as much as I did 10 years ago. Too old for music. That's ridiculous!

My attempt at a badge:

I also should have 2 or 3 extra plastic covers for nametags, if anyone needs one, let me know and I'll bring you one.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey! I didn't say I'm too old for music! I just don't enjoy the current popular music as much as I did 10 years ago. Too old for music. That's ridiculous!

My attempt at a badge:

[url]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd149/elephant_girl/GW%20Forum/GWbadge.jpg[urlG]

I also should have 2 or 3 extra plastic covers for nametags, if anyone needs one, let me know and I'll bring you one.
                            LOVE the font you chose for your GW nick!
                            And between the two of us, we should have a pretty awesome mix for the party.

Comment

My apologies ....that reply of mine was very badly worded...........mark it down to excitement at having less than 2 weeks before I'm in Vancouver and the fact that my "Desert Combat SG-1" figures all arrived this morning...

I agree with you.....if you're tired of music then you must be tired of life...(to sort of quote dear old Dr Johnson....)....however I've thoroughly enjoyed the past 5 years' current music.....here in the UK we've had an explosion of fantastic indie rock bands and innovative singer/songwriters bursting onto the music scene and really bring it back to life.....my CD collection has expanded so much it's not funny!....

In fact this time two weeks today I'll probably be browsing round a music store in Metrotown looking for Canadian CD bargains

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

Deeds xx

I'm with yoouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I just need to dance, need music in my veins...my six year old son and I just danced to the "old school" Double Dutch Bus rap and the new Raven-Symone version.

My hubbie and I have been to 10 concerts in the past year.....Mutemath, Pinback, Louis XIV, QOTS, Jack Johnson, Ozomatli, Beck, Harvelle's Blues, The Shins, Arctic Monkeys, White Stripes.

But, I love ALL music. 30's and 40's swing, 50's & 60's rock, 70's that I grew up on, country music, Irish/Celtic music I grew up listening to, 80's that I went to college with, 90's that I dated my hubbie to, and newer music that just rocks. I like country, alternative, you name it.

Just give me any music!

BTW, I will have my ipod, too if anyone needs it, but it sounds like you all are covered!!!

Jenny S.
                                Visit Stargate Hub!

Comment

Working...
                                X