Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Battles, our fan-made Stargate Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I have been gone. =P

Where are we at now?
    What games are finished?

Comment

Well, SGB IV is almost done, maybe only a week left before it's finished.

As soon as I have all of the sprites I need for Stargate: Omega (the remake of the first SGB), then I'll start working on that full-steam.
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
        And now for a gateworld exclusive, a second demo which features some of the updates we've made to the gameplay. The demo plays up to Mission 6 of the game, and features new graphics for explosions, and some background music.

http://64digits.com/users/Fiender/SGB_IV_Demo_2.zip
        I hope you have changed the ground game A LOT!

Comment

Well, I made the player move alot faster, and they heal quicker... but other than that I haven't made any changes to it. I mean, If you have any suggestions I'll see what I can do.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Well, I just wanted to use my Ori ship from a while back (yours, Battera, that I edited, it's really good, but I don't think I can make another one as good). So, I increase the size 3x. It's close to the right size. I'll have it up soon. Should I just post it here, or should I pm it to you? I'd rather email it to you, and you post it where you will.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
              Whoops, I forgot the subtitles them:

"SGB V:A Disk of Vermin", and "SGB VI:The Gate Builders"

They are both companion pieces, the same way III, and IV are. The rest in the series are basically stand-alone stories (the whole SG-1 series, and the Beta project had repercussions for the stories, but didn't have follow ups). Legyon's story Ark was so massive, I realized III would have been WAAAAYYYY too long, and It didn't seem reasonable that the Enkyllians would retreat from their cure after just a little rowdiness with Legyon, so IV and the Nic'a'te'al were created.

Here are the 'rousing thoughts' that started each new game idea (all made by me but inspired by one of the conversations me, Fiender, and Countess Vajnraa had).

V-"Have you noticed that all of our villains -the Enkyllians -the Baltians and Jarshja -Legyon, are all villains you can feel sorry for, and relate with? I mean, the Enkyllians were desperate for a cure to the plague they were fighting, the B+J were fighting the Vajnaarians whom they couldn't possibly beat, and Legyon was abandoned by the Ancients without good reason which turned him loopy. Let's make a villain like the Gou'ld (He actually typed that) that everyone can REALLY HATE!"

VI-"Jessica's super smart, like an Ancient right, minus the ego? With her on our side lets amp things waaay up. Why not fight the Ancients themselves?"

Enjoy the topic. Talk amongst yourselves, Mythbusters is coming on soon
              V- Someone as bad, yet as cool, as ,say, Anubis, the Ori, and possibly the Wraith?
              VI- Are you referring to the "good" Ancients? Like the Lanteans and MIlky Way Ancients? Because if Earth still uses ZPMs then they are and can still kill us.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
                Well, I just wanted to use my Ori ship from a while back (yours, Battera, that I edited, it's really good, but I don't think I can make another one as good). So, I increase the size 3x. It's close to the right size. I'll have it up soon. Should I just post it here, or should I pm it to you? I'd rather email it to you, and you post it where you will.
                You can do whatever you'd like. It doesn't matter to me, as long as I get the sprite.

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                V- Someone as bad, yet as cool, as ,say, Anubis, the Ori, and possibly the Wraith?
                VI- Are you referring to the "good" Ancients? Like the Lanteans and MIlky Way Ancients? Because if Earth still uses ZPMs then they are and can still kill us.
                The villains in V are unlike ANY enemy in the show, or any that's been featured in the games so far.
                And in VI, I'm talking about another sect of Ancients that even the Ori thought were insane. They search the Universe for 'the black crypt', where they believe the one true god is sleeping. Turns out it's a real thing and it may have been closer to them than they realized. And no, they aren't ascended. I'm finally touching on the one grayest are ever in Stargate: "How can you fight something that is, by definition alone, a 'God'?"

And has anyone else find the 'spoiler' I posted somewhere on the Internet for SGB IV?
                Last edited by Battera; 15 June 2007, 07:51 AM.

-LGBT-

Comment

What is your definition of a god, not "God"? God is the one god of Christianity,and the Jewish faith.
                  Last edited by Cameron Mitchel; 14 August 2007, 12:43 PM.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I'm guessing this one:
                    Answers.com
                    A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.

So, by definition, how is this being a "god"? What part of reality does this being control (of his own power)?

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Well, I'm not talking about Christianity. And I use Merriam-Webster Online:

This being
                      Spoiler:
                      Named Kelta
                      is responsible for
                      Spoiler:
                      the creation of the universe

Don't want to give away too much...

-LGBT-

Comment

So, this being was responsible for creating the Ancients, or seeding Ancient life?

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

In the respect that, without it the Ancients would never have existed -yes. But it didn't engineer them the same way they engineered humanity. The Ancients resulted from Natural Selection as do most living species.

And whenever you're ready, you can PM me the Ori ship sprite.

-LGBT-

Comment

Sorry, I don't have time now, maybe, but I'm about to go. I'll see. If you get it, then I can. If you can't, then I'll send it later today or tomorrow.

*EDIT* Yep, got time. Sent it to you. It's big!
                            Last edited by Cameron Mitchel; 15 June 2007, 09:59 AM.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I replied to you PM.
                              And BTW, the way things are going with the game, I have six missions left to program, plus the sound, credits, and I need to test it of course to make sure it has no bugs.

About the Missions I have left on my to-do list:
                              *First on my pallete is a major pivotal point in the game, which may take a day
                              *The next is a huge battle where a long-time Ally is lost forever (and Please don't make any presumptions ) (an hour or so to program)
                              *A new enemy gets "Too close to Home", and a hero will be make the ultimate sacrifice (maybe a couple hours)
                              *An unlikely person becomes to new center of attention (Not long, half an hour at most)
                              *An un-winable battle ensues (hour)
                              *Denouement (A few Hours)

Sound may take an hour if I'm lucky, Testing will take a few hours, and credits are a major pain in the ass so, a couple hours for that.

So it'll be done by next week. However, 64 digits (the site I host the game at is presently messing up so... who knows?

-LGBT-

Comment

Well, I am being faced with quite a conundrum. I haven't decided just how I should end the game. I would like an opinion on the two ideas I have. Since I do not want to spoil the ending for everyone, the first person who wants to choose the ending can post, and I'll pm the endings I came up with.

-LGBT-

Comment

Working...
                                X