No announcement yet.

Official SG Con, Burbank 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm throwing in my N00b hat (I'm sure it's obvious ). I've been to a few conventions before but never one run by creationent (all previous were anime cons).

Got my tickets today (yey!). I've been reading this thread and it's been so helpful and also building up my excitement! Also, the Sunday of the convention is my 25th birthday so that's neat. (Can't think of a better way to spend it, seriously!)

Anyway, for PhotoOps and autographs, is there a special order everyone goes based on their ticket, or is it just like, "hey show up at 2:30 at *place*" and everyone waits in line? Because in anime cons it's wait-in-line-all-morning for autographs, but they never sold separate tickets. I'm just curious how it works.

I've never been to the Burbank Convention Center despite being a local-- do most things take place in that one big room where we all have our seats?

Sorry, just wanting to know what to expect. Besides the convention fandom happiness which is pretty much the best part!!

I'm so excited!!

Comment

Originally posted by Antigone View Post
      Hi I'm throwing in my N00b hat (I'm sure it's obvious ). I've been to a few conventions before but never one run by creationent (all previous were anime cons).

Got my tickets today (yey!). I've been reading this thread and it's been so helpful and also building up my excitement! Also, the Sunday of the convention is my 25th birthday so that's neat. (Can't think of a better way to spend it, seriously!)

Anyway, for PhotoOps and autographs, is there a special order everyone goes based on their ticket, or is it just like, "hey show up at 2:30 at *place*" and everyone waits in line? Because in anime cons it's wait-in-line-all-morning for autographs, but they never sold separate tickets. I'm just curious how it works.

I've never been to the Burbank Convention Center despite being a local-- do most things take place in that one big room where we all have our seats?

Sorry, just wanting to know what to expect. Besides the convention fandom happiness which is pretty much the best part!!

I'm so excited!!
      Hi this is my first con ever, and I don't have all the answer. But for the autograph, if you didn't buy the gold/preferred, you do have to buy it separately -- and then everyone waits in line (what I understand). For the photo op - it's a separate ticket all together.

HTH. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Only 8 more days!!!!!!!
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Antigone View Post

I'm so excited!!
        For PhotoOps they set a time for each actor and then you just line-up and they go by first come first serve order.

Autographs are done by seat number -Gold first, Perferred, then by ticket number for folks with out reserved seating.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
          For PhotoOps they set a time for each actor and then you just line-up and they go by first come first serve order.

Autographs are done by seat number -Gold first, Perferred, then by ticket number for folks with out reserved seating.
          Thank you!! That's awesome to know.

How cool is the Teal'c smilie face! *still getting used to the forums*

Comment

Yay......got my ticket in the mail!!!

Comment

Still no ticket for me. Heard from Chelle that she got hers today in the mail. Hmmm, well if the tix does a no show in tomorrow's mail, I may need to send Creation an e-mail. Cause mail has a habit of disappearing round these parts. Wouldn't be the first time something has disappeared and won't be the last time. *sigh*

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
              Photobucket

Comment

..also received an email update about the con and Brian will be the host....he hosted the NJ con...

Comment

Still no ticket for me. I am getting a little upset. I don't like to leave things to the last minute, specially with Monday being a holiday.
                  sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                    Still no ticket for me. I am getting a little upset. I don't like to leave things to the last minute, specially with Monday being a holiday.
                    I hear ya! Here's hoping ours show up today!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                    Photobucket

Comment

Yeppers, as Erin reported, I received my tickets today.... what a pleasant surprise, I was sitting at my desk at work toiling away, when I head the mailman's voice saying, "I htink someone's going to go have some fun in the next few days......" and he was dangling the envelope over my head! I totally turned into a 5 year-old and reaching for the envelope saying "oooooh gimmegimmegimmegimme!"

Correction to the seat numbers, looks like they scooted us over a little bit..... The sis and I are in A15 and A16 this year.

Now, back to thinking "Con Ticket Arrival Mojo" for everyone!

*Sits on floor, crosses legs in a poor imitation of the lotus position, and "Oooommmmmmms" for speedy ticket arrivals*

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Well, keep in mind that creation is located in Calfornia, so if you're in another state, then it may take a bit more time to get there. I live only an hour from Burbank and Creation is near there somewhere.

In one week we will be partying in Burbank!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                          Yeppers, as Erin reported, I received my tickets today.... what a pleasant surprise, I was sitting at my desk at work toiling away, when I head the mailman's voice saying, "I htink someone's going to go have some fun in the next few days......" and he was dangling the envelope over my head! I totally turned into a 5 year-old and reaching for the envelope saying "oooooh gimmegimmegimmegimme!"

Correction to the seat numbers, looks like they scooted us over a little bit..... The sis and I are in A15 and A16 this year.

Now, back to thinking "Con Ticket Arrival Mojo" for everyone!

*Sits on floor, crosses legs in a poor imitation of the lotus position, and "Oooommmmmmms" for speedy ticket arrivals*
                          Thanks for the Con Ticket Arrival Mojo (TM) Chelle. Got my tix today finally!!!

Yea!!!!!! *runs around in gleeful circle tossing confetti and flowers*

The Universe is Mad
                          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson View Post
                            Thanks for the Con Ticket Arrival Mojo (TM) Chelle. Got my tix today finally!!!

Yea!!!!!! *runs around in gleeful circle tossing confetti and flowers*
                            Run around carefully, Erin - you don't want to injure your recently surgified (I'm SURE that's not even close to a word!) foot!!

Have a great time!
                            OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonJen View Post
                              Run around carefully, Erin - you don't want to injure your recently surgified (I'm SURE that's not even close to a word!) foot!!

Have a great time!
                              Fine I limped carefully around in a circle, tossing confetti in a very physical therapeutic way but only with one hand, cause I used the other to hold at least one crutch.

The Universe is Mad
                              Photobucket

Comment

Woo Hoo!! My tickets are here!!! I don't know what I should do ... run around like crazy or just jump up & down.

***confetti everywhere***
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X