• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, thanks a bunch. I will have a look at that page

Comment

Originally posted by slunky View Post
      Hello All,
      I am new to the forum but I am glad I found it. This will be my first convention and I am coming alone so I am a little anxious. Do you guys have any tips or recommendations on what I should expect/do when I get to the Con.

Thanks a bunch
      You should expect long lines, crazy people, lots of hugs and "welcome to the insanity", squealing (if you are of that persuasion to squeal over hot men), lots of cheering, clapping and overall love of Stargate.

You should do whatever it is that makes you happy. It's a con not boot camp. Generally following the large crowd is good if you are lost and not sure what to do. If you prefer more alone time, finding a few folks that you share a common interest with helps. The bar is a great place to hang out (They didn't nickname it BARbank for nothing). In general just be you and everything will be grand.

Also you can look for me, I'll be the one limping round on the cane (due to a recent foot surgery) with two crazy sisters from Cali trailing in my wake as I stalk....err....look for Michael.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
      Photobucket

Comment

Sweet, thanks a bunch. I will have a look at that page
        If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them. Someone here who frequent the thread will be able to answer ant questions.

Comment

Just wanted to remind everyone -- only 16 more days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          sig made by me

Comment

Thanks Space and Erin, are you guys going gold or prefered? Also, the "barbank" is that in the hotel or is it apart of the convention area?

Comment

Thanks Space and Erin, are you guys going gold or prefered? Also, the "barbank" is that in the hotel or is it apart of the convention area?

The 'BARbank' is in the hotel, close to the lobby.

I'm going Prefered single day for Sat and Sun. and added a JoeF autograph ticket. It's all I can afford this year.

Comment

Neat, I cant wait to go and meet all the people and stuff. The photo ops are going to awesome

Comment

I am going gold. My seat number is B25, or so I was told when I bought the ticket. Have yet to recieve my pass yet, has anyone else? I'm also buying a Corin, Michael and Cliff photo ops.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                  Photobucket

Comment

I can finally get my PhotoOp from two years ago for Joe to sign.

Spoiler:

I'm seat G22, I think. Since I ordered mine this weekend, I'll probably won;t get mine till next week. Creation won;t start wending them until this weekend, I think.

Comment

I'll have my Gateworld forum ID badge..from Vancouver. I still have to buy photos ops for Cliff, Joe, Michael, and Corin. Trying to scrape up the pennies for photo ops with all the guys.....

Welcome slunky!

Comment

I'm very tempted to get a PhotoOp with one of the guys.

Okay, I will.

Now who? Since I can only afford one, I have to pick.

Cliff Simon would be a good one. Especially since we (Chris, Jessica, and I) got to meet him in the elevator. That was awesome. So yeah, okay. I made up my mind now. Definetly Cliff Simon.

Comment

That is neat that you got to meet him in the elevator, he seems like a cool guy. Did you guys watch the video of him taking off his shirt at a con? hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                            I'm very tempted to get a PhotoOp with one of the guys.

Okay, I will.

Now who? Since I can only afford one, I have to pick.

Cliff Simon would be a good one. Especially since we (Chris, Jessica, and I) got to meet him in the elevator. That was awesome. So yeah, okay. I made up my mind now. Definetly Cliff Simon.
                            He'd be a really good one.

I still haven't heard about my tickets though ... think I am going to call tomorrow or so.
                            sig made by me

Comment

Looks like we are D34 & D35 --- where is that in the layout, anyone have an idea? I did buy photo op w/ MS & JF.
                              sig made by me

Comment

That is neat that you got to meet him in the elevator, he seems like a cool guy. Did you guys watch the video of him taking off his shirt at a con? hehe
                                Many times.

Comment

Working...
                                X