No announcement yet.

Official SG Con, Burbank 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I got an e-mail from Christine. She got layed off this morning. Which means she's cutting back and might not be able to go to Burbank.

If the worst should happen and ahe can't go, would anybody here let me bunk with them for the weekend? I could sleep on the floor even. Hell, I did that for ComicCon last year.

I'm sad that Chris probably won't be able to go this year. I've been looking forward to see her and Jessica for ages.

No word on the job yet for me, either. I doubt that I got it. Crap. Oh, well. My heart really wasn't set on working there anyways. After being a TA for 3 years it's hard to do anything else. I've made a descision that my last purchase was the S3 DVD of SGA. I'm not spending anymore money unless it's my medicine.

So . . . yeah . . .

I'm a little bummed but if I still get to go then I will be excited.

*crosses fingers*

We do have like 7 weeks to figure things out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
      California driver?!?! What's that supposed to mean??? And aren't YOU one of those folks too???

It's absolutely NUTS how bad the drive home was last year! I'm preparing myself this year, taking an extra day before the con so I can drive down during he day, and a half day after so that I don't have to be do determined to get back in time for work on Monday.

Can it please be November already?
      Well, you and I know we know how to drive, but nobody else in the US seems to think so.
      sigpic

Comment

OMG, wasn't that the funniest thing you've ever seen? When Chris Judge came over to our table, he tried to duck behind me and hide and there was NO WAY I was getting in the middle of that insanity....... That and when Torri or Michael chucked a muffin at him, it would hit the wall soooo hard that I'm sure whoever got nailed by one would have lifelong scars.... And wasn't there one prime shot right into Torri's cup of coffee too???

Man, we need to campaign for Chris Judge to be added at the last minute to our con. He is the biggest little kid you'll ever meet!
        I remember that!! Hehe . . .

Torri had called a truce with Chris. She told us so when she was at our table. me and a few other s at our table were like :but not with Michael." And she then threw the muffin at Michael, hitting him on the forehead.

That was the best breakfast I have ever had. We got yummy food and entertanment.

Man, if I don't go I'm going to be so mad!

Comment

Thanks Nicole! I had written a little something something to let ya'll know on Friday, but, well, i was busy packing and burning all my work.

I have been looking forward to this con for ... like from last year. But alas, my employeers have felt they can't keep me and the company afloat. And it trickles down to what I can and can't afford. I want to enjoy a con, not worry if i can or can't afford this or that, ya know?

So my sweet, dear heart friends, I hope to catch up with you in RL and in person at the next con around! I will still be here in the thread, cause hello, it's BURBANK and I still am excited! And very, very jealous.

Love the Joe for me!
          Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Well, I didn't get a call back. I got a card thankingmy for applying, however, blah blah blah . . .

The search for another job continues . . .

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
              Well, I didn't get a call back. I got a card thankingmy for applying, however, blah blah blah . . .

The search for another job continues . . .

*sigh*
              Sorry you didn't get the job, Spacemonkey. Obviously your resume is good enough to get you in the door. Read up on interviewing skills on line at Workopolis. Usually, when you can't get past the interview stage, you are not wowing them enough. Interviewing is an art, in many ways. Did you ask questions at the end of the interview? Were you prepared with behavioral type answers such as, "I handled this problem in this way..."

Private message me if you'd like some other suggestions. Part of my job as a counsellor is to assist people with disabilities to look for other types of work when they can no longer work in their current field (due to the disability).
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Just bought my gen adm weekend pass ticket.
                Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 01 October 2007, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                  Sorry you didn't get the job, Spacemonkey. Obviously your resume is good enough to get you in the door. Read up on interviewing skills on line at Workopolis. Usually, when you can't get past the interview stage, you are not wowing them enough. Interviewing is an art, in many ways. Did you ask questions at the end of the interview? Were you prepared with behavioral type answers such as, "I handled this problem in this way..."

Private message me if you'd like some other suggestions. Part of my job as a counsellor is to assist people with disabilities to look for other types of work when they can no longer work in their current field (due to the disability).
                  I did suprisingly well in the interview. I answered the behavioral questions better than I even suspected.

The woman who interviewed me told me that she needed to work me into the scheduale with the hours that I could work. I think it was that.

I'm still looking around.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                    Just bought my gen adm weekend pass ticket.
                    That's great!!!

I hope things pan out for me. *crosses fingers*

Comment

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you S_J!!!!
                      sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
                        I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you S_J!!!!
                        My birthday is coming up. All I want is enough money for the tickets and hotel.

I will go this year! No matter what.

Comment

I've done some thinking.

I can onkly afford one day this year. Looking over my savings account and I have less money than I thought I have. So, I have decided to go for the day Joe attends. I'm crossing my fingers that it's Sunday. If that happens, then i will save for the Breakfast if and when they release the seperate the tickets from the Gold.

I'm going to dinner with my mom tonight so I will beable to talk to her about it. I'm thinnking of asking her to take me and she can hang out at the pool all day. November in Burbank is hot and a little humid.

I will keep you all posted . . .

Comment

*Runs in and KICKS Bubank thread*

37 days 'til the con!!!!!

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

*Runs in and KICKS Bubank thread*

37 days 'til the con!!!!!
                              WOO HOOO!
                              sig made by me

Comment

Creation finally updated the page.

Convention Events:
                                FRIDAY EVENING (9PM) CABARET

Get set for some entertainment! Here's a ticket option for those that want to attend the cabaret but do not have it as part of their ticket packages.

PREFERRED CABARET SEATING: reserved: $35
                                GENERAL ADMISSION: non-reserved: $20

STARGATE SG-1/ATLANTIS DESSERT PARTY: CENTERPIECE COMPETITION

Our Saturday Night Dessert and Cocktail Party is sure to be sensational fun and all our Gold Patrons are invited on a complimentary basis! You guys are gonna party with delicious desserts, fab guest drop in appearances by celebrities from STARGATE and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, music and a cash bar to keep thing lubricated. AND, we're offering a $250 GIFT CERTIFICATE to the person who brings the absolute best, killer STARGATE or BATTLESTAR themed CENTERPIECE. Let your imaginations flow and surprise your fellow PARTY-goers: there have been some FANTASTIC entries in the past so get cracking now and we're waiting to see the results!

And other ticket options:
                                GENERAL ADMISSION WEEKEND TICKETS
                                Here is the most economical way to attend the full daytime convention. You get a non-reserved seat in the rear of the theatre all three days.

$69

GENERAL ADMISSION SINGLE DAY TICKETS
                                These are the most economical way to attend one or two days of the convention. You see all the main theatre events from a non-reserved seat in the rear of the room. This option does not include autographing.

FRIDAY: $20
                                SATURDAY: $25
                                SUNDAY: $25

I did get some birthday money already. So, who knows, if I get my aunt to carpool (she's a huge BSG fan), then I may be able to go all the days. We'll see.

Things are looking up!

Comment

Working...
                                X