Official SG Con, Burbank 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alrighty...

I've done some thinking. As a first timer, would it be better for me to shell out the extra $130 and go Gold? (I would end up spending money on dessert, drinks, and breakfast anyway. I admit it wouldn't quite add up to $130, but it would still be a lot and I wouldn't have simultaneous entertainment.)

Show of hands: How many people have went Gold?

So many decisions to make! I am no good with decision making!
    sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

I have always done prefered and buying one PhotoOp. The year before last they didn;t include the Friday Night thing. So, I was happy last year that they at least added that. I can't have dessert anyways--diabetic. I'm perfectly happy with hanging out at the hotel bar instead.

Not sure if that helped or not.

Comment

I've gone Gold everytime I've gone to a Con and have yet to regret it. Everytime I think about going preferred or something, something always happens at one of the Gold only events that makes me thankful that I did. (not just celeb stuff but just hanging with friends too). For me, it's always been worth it because I am never sure if the con I am going to will be my last, so I don't want to ever not go all out. It's just my personality. You should think about what you want out of the con and what you can afford - definately don't bankrupt yourself.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson View Post
          You should think about what you want out of the con and what you can afford - definately don't bankrupt yourself.
          That's the only reason why I haven't gone Gold yet. MAybe next year, huh?

Comment

Well Spacemonkey, would you mind some company at the bar if I don't go Gold?
            sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
              Well Spacemonkey, would you mind some company at the bar if I don't go Gold?
              Chris, Jessica and I would love some. The more the better in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                Chris, Jessica and I would love some. The more the better in my experience.
                So are you guys all Preferred then?
                sigpic

Comment

So are you guys all Preferred then?
                  Yup.

I don't need all of the guests photoops. Just one is fine for me. Of course, I do regret missing the dessert thing. But, like I said, we can have a little party at the bar with everyone who's not Gold.

Comment

Fine by me!

I'm getting re-excited! (Sadly, and for some unexplained reason, the excitement was fading a tad.)
                    sigpic

Comment

Fine by me!

I'm getting re-excited! (Sadly, and for some unexplained reason, the excitement was fading a tad.)
                      I know what you mean. After the Joe announcemet yesterday, I'm getting so excited, and I don't see it letting up anytime soon.

Comment

In exactly 2 months until we party in Burbank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                          In exactly 2 months until we party in Burbank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Woohoo!!!

Are jeans appropriate for the Cabaret? I don't want to show up either over- or underdressed.
                          sigpic

Comment

I may be going after all......due to a change in situation! I still have the hotel room booked, and I've put in for the time off....*crossing fingers*. I'll probably buy the gen admin ticket for the weekend, and then get photo ops tix.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                              I may be going after all......due to a change in situation! I still have the hotel room booked, and I've put in for the time off....*crossing fingers*. I'll probably buy the gen admin ticket for the weekend, and then get photo ops tix.
                              Hooray!

I am in the process of booking my room now. It's going to cost about $330 for two nights. *sigh* That's scary. Sort of making me rethink things a bit.

But if I don't do it I will totally regret it and will complain 'til the '08 one. (And my luck I won't be able to go then.)
                              sigpic

Comment

OKAY! All reservations have been made!

Room (2 nights, no discount): $327.90

Flight: $138.80

Convention tickets: $246.00

Airport parking: $24.00

TOTAL: $736.70

OUCH!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X