No announcement yet.

Official SG Con, Burbank 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I am planning on attending. This will be my very first ever. Any tips for me? Thanks guys!
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      Hi everyone, I am planning on attending. This will be my very first ever. Any tips for me? Thanks guys!
      I would suggest finding the other gals that frequent this thread. Even if the con is crap, I just have a feeling they'll make it a good time.
      sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

*glances at Nicole* Did M2W say we would entertain them? Sweet!

Oh con virgin, thee shall know these things:
        - Squeeing is ok. Out loud squeeing is even better. Imbrace your inner squee.
        - Room and roommates - Nicole, another AU sis of mine, and myself share a room. It cuts down on costs, and we poor squeers like to spend a few bucks on the convention tables. Or auctions. *blush*
        So, depending on where your coming from, or what your preferance is, book your room, and if desired, find a roommate. I'll not talk for the 2 other girls, but I don't mind sharing a bed - I think Jessica and I did last year....
        - Flights - dood I have never been to a con that is so conveniant. Scratch that. My first con was in Dallas and I was living there at the time. But the airport to hotel is literally across the street. Can't get any better.
        - Times - Cons usually start around 5, registration like 3... but Creation is abit flexable. If you arrive later, or only are coming for one or so days, they will be very nice. Sat and Sun starts around noon, Sat is over around 8 depending if they can get every one (the stars and us fans) to go through the lines in a timely fashion. Sun is about 5 ot 6.
        - Eating/Food/hanging out - Room service, and a inside bar/restaurant is good. We ended up doing both and it was really a good option at the end of the day. Hanging out? Weeee! We invaded the bar Fri. night after the cabert, watched some play pool, hung around the stars, moved to the lobby and were out there til 2 or 3. All the fans are FANtastic. All the stars (who hang out at the bar and are willing to hang with us FANatics) are awesome.
        - Cameras!!! - OMT, bring batteries. Batteries. Batteries. Film, memory cards. A few of us will have our laptops, so I am sure you can always download your pics and upload them to the internet.

I think that covers a bit of the practical side. If you are getting the perfered tickets, which is the lower weekend package, it includes the cabert on Fri. It is AWESOME. Last year we had several stars reading poetry and short stories. At the Dallas one, Teryl preformed broadway hits and Don S. Davis did his cowboy poetry. Audience participation is always incouraged... if not more like your friends pushing you toward the stage.

Question and anwsering is great. Just make sure you don't crack up too hard when you and tour friend *coughNicolecough* are questioning MS... (I love ya hon)

Anything else? I'll post more if more comes to my mind...
        Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

and in other news...

88 days till Burbank!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post

Oh con virgin, thee shall know these things:
            - Squeeing is ok. Out loud squeeing is even better. Imbrace your inner squee.
            <snip>

Anything else? I'll post more if more comes to my mind...
            Thank you Rebel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's a practice squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

This gives me a whole lot to go on. I will have to get the tickets & room situation taken care of pretty soon. Do we know for sure who's gonna be there - star wise?

Thanks again.
            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post

Question and anwsering is great. Just make sure you don't crack up too hard when you and your friend *coughNicolecough* are questioning MS... (I love ya hon)
              I think she did. And we probably will.

Yeah, this year, YOU get to represent the SD rebelion. Cause I like making an idiot out of myself once every 5 years or so.

Ugh, I can have a muffin fight with Chris Judge, but I can;t asked MS a somewhat simple question . . . :rollseyes:

Comment

Thank you Rebel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's a practice squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

This gives me a whole lot to go on. I will have to get the tickets & room situation taken care of pretty soon. Do we know for sure who's gonna be there - star wise?

Thanks again.
                Here's what they have so far:

*MICHAEL SHANKS
                Dr. Daniel Jackson in Stargate SG-1
                *STEVE BACIC
                Major Coburn & Camulus on Stargate SG-1. He was also on Andromeda as Rhade. Please note: Steve's autograph is not included in any ticket packages and will be available as a separate ticket.
                *CLIFF SIMON
                Ba'al in Stargate SG-1
                *CARMEN ARGENZIANO
                Jacob Carter/Selmak in Stargte SG 1
                *JAY ACOVONE
                Major Charles Kawalsky in Stargate SG-1

And more people will attend. That happened last year. A bunch of stars will sign up last minute.

But, if that's not the case, then we can take over the Hotel Lobby and Bar and amuse ourselves there.

Comment

Well if you want me to ask the questions... you will have to wait....

87 days till Burbank!!!

and for me to figure out a good question. You think I should bring my own stool so I can reach the microphone?

Oh I'm so excited!!! Last year a bunch of us did name tags - does anyone want to do that again? This was the "easy to ID" badges... so we can find each other from this thread.... not like you'll be able to miss me or Nicole.... well, me you can over look since I am so short, but you'll be able to HEAR us girls no doubt! :blush:

Spoiler:

Comment

Name tags are a good idea. Should we make 10th Anniversary ones for this year. Since, Burbank will be the last Con of 2007 (Creation Stargate Cons anyways)? Or the three of us can bring ours from last year.

BTW, have you heard from Jessica?

Comment

86 days till Burbank!!!

Ya i've talked to her the past 2 days - we sneak on YIM for the afternoon while doing work - and I convinced her to come with. She was first not sure because of $$ (who isn't?) but once she saw she could get a cheep flight and all that, I think I got her back on board with us!

Oh a 10year one is great!! Now last year they also gave us the con badges too - but those were for official uses - so maybe I'll get to the drawing board and see if I can't come up with something?

Spoiler:

Comment

85 days till Burbank!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

83 days till Burbank!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

What time is the Cabaret usually at on Friday? I probably won't get there until shortly after 6.
                            sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

It was at 8, if I remember correctly.

Comment

82 days till Burbank!!!

8 sounds right. we got there maybe around 7 last time? and had time to get settled a bit, get food, and come back - maybe round 9 or so maybe

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X