Official SG Con, Burbank 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erinanderson View Post
    Yes Brian was in charge again and I think he did a fantastic job. I am definitely a member of the Brian Wilson Fan Club...

So my flight's delayed...again....fun.
    Don't worry Erin. We are all GREEN with envy. That must have been the best con EVAH! for you.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Yes Brian was in charge again and I think he did a fantastic job. I am definitely a member of the Brian Wilson Fan Club...

So my flight's delayed...again....fun.
      Brians fan club is getting bigger; he was great to our group in NJ when we went we loved how he came to our table and such. Bummer about your flight being delayed erin. More recovery time or don't want to come down. And how was your photo ops with the man?
      Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Safe trip home Erin....

& Congrats on 1000th post MamaSue... I assume you're at home now ?? *pokes* quick! share your pics !!
        sigpic
        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by Suebsg9 View Post
          Brians fan club is getting bigger; he was great to our group in NJ when we went we loved how he came to our table and such. Bummer about your flight being delayed erin. More recovery time or don't want to come down. And how was your photo ops with the man?
          Yeah more recovery time I guess. I am here in Denver, it's midnight and my flight to KCMO leaves at 645. I found a nice little spot to hang out by my gate and I might go walking later if I am realy bored. I am not the only poor sod here, there's quite a few folks still hanging around.

My photo op was FAB as usual. I hobble in, he goes "Uh Oh what did you do??" with this very concerned look on his face. I told him, he grimaced and we took the picture. He then proceeded to grill me a bit on how long it would be till I was recovered, was I doing okay at the con things like that. With this very worried look on his face. Have I mentioned that I love this man??? He is so super sweet. Then later, at the sammich, I came in and he went "Hurry it up hopalong." with his arms up over his head exposing about 6 inches of stomach skin. I think I mumbled something, not sure what. We took the picture I turned around to get my cane from the handler person, turned back and he was just standing there with his arms out like "where's my hug?". I got a kiss on the cheek and went to kiss him on the cheek back, like I usually do. Only he's like taller then me and I couldn't stand on my tiptoes and I was slouching a bit because of the cane so I got his nice yummy neck instead.

Yep that's my story and I am sticking to it darnit! I swear, it was my foot's fault!!

FYI: the Daniel banner I bought was $55 actually not $70. And I got a Jolene Blalock/Conner Trinnear (signed by Conner) Enterprise banner for the hubby for $40. Talk about cheap!!!
          Last edited by erinanderson; 18 November 2007, 10:10 PM. Reason: I like to squeal over deals!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
          Photobucket

Comment

Yeah more recovery time I guess. I am here in Denver, it's midnight and my flight to KCMO leaves at 645. I found a nice little spot to hang out by my gate and I might go walking later if I am realy bored. I am not the only poor sod here, there's quite a few folks still hanging around.

My photo op was FAB as usual. I hobble in, he goes "Uh Oh what did you do??" with this very concerned look on his face. I told him, he grimaced and we took the picture. He then proceeded to grill me a bit on how long it would be till I was recovered, was I doing okay at the con things like that. With this very worried look on his face. Have I mentioned that I love this man??? He is so super sweet. Then later, at the sammich, I came in and he went "Hurry it up hopalong." with his arms up over his head exposing about 6 inches of stomach skin. I think I mumbled something, not sure what. We took the picture I turned around to get my cane from the handler person, turned back and he was just standing there with his arms out like "where's my hug?". I got a kiss on the cheek and went to kiss him on the cheek back, like I usually do. Only he's like taller then me and I couldn't stand on my tiptoes and I was slouching a bit because of the cane so I got his nice yummy neck instead.

Yep that's my story and I am sticking to it darnit! I swear, it was my foot's fault!!

FYI: the Daniel banner I bought was $55 actually not $70. And I got a Jolene Blalock/Conner Trinnear (signed by Conner) Enterprise banner for the hubby for $40. Talk about cheap!!!

Erin!!!!!!!!!

So glad you have had such a great time at the con!!

Michael was just being such a sweetheart with you. I love it!!

That is just so awesome!!

Comment

Yes... yes... we believe you Erin!!

OMG! I thought it was around $50 too but I can't believe my memory so I put $70 on my LJ.... *gotta edit that egain* Lucky you!
              sigpic
              sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Hey Erin! Wow - another fabulous con memory to add to your collection! How very fun! I'm glad you were able to get around ok for the most part. I hope you don't have too many flight delays getting home. K, I'm off to bed, but thanks for sharing. Will look forward to the photo evidence from you and everyone else once you're all home again.

As for me, I'm counting down to Vancouver '08.

Hugs,
                OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Erin! Shock! I'm still up and it's like 1:00AM my time. Wish I had the day off. I think I'm going to have to have a cast for Vancouver. J/K
                  Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I told you guys I am bad about meeting new people! Argh!

Anyways, I met up with Spacemonkey and Mamasue, so that was pretty cool. Sorry I missed the rest of you. Next year I will have to go on a mission to meet everyone.

I have pictures to post and will do that ASAP. And by request, I'll probably throw up a thread for next year's Burbank con tonight.

I have to go to work very soon, so I'm off to finish getting ready.
                    sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Awww you come away with great con stories And great memories!!!
                      Sue

sigpic

Comment

Such great stories Erin! I'm glad you had such an amazing time!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you for joining the Brian Wilson Fan Club..... Your official initiation is now complete, having been dubbed "Trouble" along with the rest of us Burbank con vets is quite an accomplishment for your first trip!

There we were, all three (Erin, Kris and me) sitting in the front row chattering while Creation was setting up the daily auction..... Brian looked down at us all, and we said "HI BRIAN!!!!!" He paused, gave us one of those squinty-eyed looks, and points to each of us with the microphone, "Trouble...... Trouble..... and Trouble."

He's a smart guy, that Brian is.......

AND he really did put on a great show.

I'm just getting ready to head out the door for work. Got home at about 1am, and fell into bed. When the alarm went off at 5:20, I tossed my phone across the room..... Then had to fetch it when the snooze kicked in. I'll be downloading all of my pics tonight too.... there's only oh, 1400 of them? *giggle* Thank gawd for digital, otherwise my local Ritz Cameras would be my newest best friend all over again!

Talk to everyone later!

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                            Thank you for joining the Brian Wilson Fan Club..... Your official initiation is now complete, having been dubbed "Trouble" along with the rest of us Burbank con vets is quite an accomplishment for your first trip!

There we were, all three (Erin, Kris and me) sitting in the front row chattering while Creation was setting up the daily auction..... Brian looked down at us all, and we said "HI BRIAN!!!!!" He paused, gave us one of those squinty-eyed looks, and points to each of us with the microphone, "Trouble...... Trouble..... and Trouble."

He's a smart guy, that Brian is.......

AND he really did put on a great show.

I'm just getting ready to head out the door for work. Got home at about 1am, and fell into bed. When the alarm went off at 5:20, I tossed my phone across the room..... Then had to fetch it when the snooze kicked in. I'll be downloading all of my pics tonight too.... there's only oh, 1400 of them? *giggle* Thank gawd for digital, otherwise my local Ritz Cameras would be my newest best friend all over again!

Talk to everyone later!
                            Nice to see Brians Fan Club getting bigger and bigger

And sounds like you guys had a great time can't wait to see your pics Chelle.
                            Sue

sigpic

Comment

I need to edit my pics from the Con. I should be doing it now. But, besides great memories and new friends, I got a cold.

Oy!

It was worth it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                                I need to edit my pics from the Con. I should be doing it now. But, besides great memories and new friends, I got a cold.

Oy!

It was worth it though.
                                Ahh the beloved con crud.....how I do not miss thee. I had that after Vancouver.... Feel better soon Spacemonkey J!!!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                                Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X