Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official SG Con, Burbank 2007

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
    The hotel has wireless interent. It just aint free.

    News: I may have a job again!! I have an interview tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know what happens.

    55 more days!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck!!!
    sigpic

    See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

    Comment


      Oh good luck Nicole!!! I am having trouble finding a flight out of Burbank back to Dallas after the con... am not saying it will put the brakes on me going (cause tons of plans have already been made) but it dosn't help my excitement any...
      Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

      Spoiler:

      Comment


        Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post
        Oh good luck Nicole!!! I am having trouble finding a flight out of Burbank back to Dallas after the con... am not saying it will put the brakes on me going (cause tons of plans have already been made) but it dosn't help my excitement any...
        I had the problems too trying to find a flight back to KC after the con that left after like 300. So I ended up having to do a red eye and get back to KC at 9 am Monday morning.....


        "Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

        The Universe is Mad
        Photobucket


        Comment


          Originally posted by erinanderson View Post
          I had the problems too trying to find a flight back to KC after the con that left after like 300. So I ended up having to do a red eye and get back to KC at 9 am Monday morning.....
          Stay with Cliff Simon. He lives not too far away.... And if you ever do, I will either kill you or ask for lots of details...

          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

          Comment


            Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
            Stay with Cliff Simon. He lives not too far away.... And if you ever do, I will either kill you or ask for lots of details...


            Wow... errm ok. So is that killing with Baal resusitating or just a hope to God you come back kind of thing? Cause then it would make the dying worth it. Baal making me come back... not the other...

            I can't even find a red eye! I had found (and I kick myself everyday) a CHEAP flight that left at 6:45p. Not bad, did that last year. I didn't miss anything except running around and left some pics (which friends returned to me) behind. But now, I can't even find that. And to stay another night at the hotel is a bit expensive. Unless.... *eyes Nicole* what's the nearest airport to you honey? Sweetie? Oh AU sissy of mine? *offers some cookies*
            Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

            Spoiler:

            Comment


              Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post

              I can't even find a red eye! I had found (and I kick myself everyday) a CHEAP flight that left at 6:45p. Not bad, did that last year. I didn't miss anything except running around and left some pics (which friends returned to me) behind. But now, I can't even find that. And to stay another night at the hotel is a bit expensive. Unless.... *eyes Nicole* what's the nearest airport to you honey? Sweetie? Oh AU sissy of mine? *offers some cookies*
              The John Wayne Airport is the closest that I can think of to my house. It's about 40 minutes away from my house by freeway. and about the same ditance from my house to Burbank.

              Sadly, I havn't gotten my driver's lisence yet. Well, I haven't had much time be hind the wheel since my last LJ post way back when. Plus, I've been to lazy to go to the DMV to renew my permit. Maybe if I give both parents the puppy dog eyes they might be nice enough to play taxi service for the weekend.

              Well, I'm off to get ready for the interview . . .

              Comment


                Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                The John Wayne Airport is the closest that I can think of to my house. It's about 40 minutes away from my house by freeway. and about the same ditance from my house to Burbank.

                Sadly, I havn't gotten my driver's lisence yet. Well, I haven't had much time be hind the wheel since my last LJ post way back when. Plus, I've been to lazy to go to the DMV to renew my permit. Maybe if I give both parents the puppy dog eyes they might be nice enough to play taxi service for the weekend.

                Well, I'm off to get ready for the interview . . .
                Puppy dog eyes do work on the parental units ... trust me. My 2 give me the look all the time and they are babies.
                sig made by me

                Comment


                  Originally posted by erinanderson View Post
                  I had the problems too trying to find a flight back to KC after the con that left after like 300. So I ended up having to do a red eye and get back to KC at 9 am Monday morning.....
                  Believe me when I say that I feel your pain..... We dirve all night to get home, ad then I'm right back to work Monday morning. And of course, it's that time of the year that once you get over the mountains and into the central CA valley heading north, you hit the WORST fog EVER. Erin should remember my crazy, screamin phone call on the way home last time.....

                  "......Oh dude, this was SUCH a freakin' awesome trip and OHGAWD OHGAWD OHGAWD HANGONAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...... BRAKESBRAKESBRAKES.....!!!!!!!!!!!! ......Okay..... we're okay........ really, we're okay......."

                  It was nice and clear, hardly any cars, then POOF into the biggest, most dense fog bank ever, and everyone slammed on their brakes that was ahead of me. We ended up in the center divide, sliding along in the gravel. Thank gawd there's no guardrail right there and it's a wide center to the freeway, otherwise it would have been bad...... From there, I think there had to be at least ten wrecks, and the usual 5 to 5 1/2 hour drive turned into 10 hours.... Got home just in time to go to work, hooray......



                  Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                    Believe me when I say that I feel your pain..... We dirve all night to get home, ad then I'm right back to work Monday morning. And of course, it's that time of the year that once you get over the mountains and into the central CA valley heading north, you hit the WORST fog EVER. Erin should remember my crazy, screamin phone call on the way home last time.....

                    "......Oh dude, this was SUCH a freakin' awesome trip and OHGAWD OHGAWD OHGAWD HANGONAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...... BRAKESBRAKESBRAKES.....!!!!!!!!!!!! ......Okay..... we're okay........ really, we're okay......."

                    It was nice and clear, hardly any cars, then POOF into the biggest, most dense fog bank ever, and everyone slammed on their brakes that was ahead of me. We ended up in the center divide, sliding along in the gravel. Thank gawd there's no guardrail right there and it's a wide center to the freeway, otherwise it would have been bad...... From there, I think there had to be at least ten wrecks, and the usual 5 to 5 1/2 hour drive turned into 10 hours.... Got home just in time to go to work, hooray......
                    I so understand the Valley fog. Some mornings when the fog has set in I can not see my car from the front door. I have had to drive home more than once with my door open so I could see the strips on the road to keep from driving off the side of the road.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                      Believe me when I say that I feel your pain..... We dirve all night to get home, ad then I'm right back to work Monday morning. And of course, it's that time of the year that once you get over the mountains and into the central CA valley heading north, you hit the WORST fog EVER. Erin should remember my crazy, screamin phone call on the way home last time.....

                      "......Oh dude, this was SUCH a freakin' awesome trip and OHGAWD OHGAWD OHGAWD HANGONAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...... BRAKESBRAKESBRAKES.....!!!!!!!!!!!! ......Okay..... we're okay........ really, we're okay......."

                      It was nice and clear, hardly any cars, then POOF into the biggest, most dense fog bank ever, and everyone slammed on their brakes that was ahead of me. We ended up in the center divide, sliding along in the gravel. Thank gawd there's no guardrail right there and it's a wide center to the freeway, otherwise it would have been bad...... From there, I think there had to be at least ten wrecks, and the usual 5 to 5 1/2 hour drive turned into 10 hours.... Got home just in time to go to work, hooray......
                      What are you, a California driver or something? Sheesh!

                      Fog is not my favorite thing to drive through either, especially when it appears out of nowhere.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        I just wanted to say SQUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

                        I'm getting more & more excited, specially since Season 4 is airing tomorrow!
                        sig made by me

                        Comment


                          Reclaiming the count down... If Nicole doesn't mind (thanks hon for keeping it going as I was MIA. *grumbles about various aspects of the job*
                          51 Days and we are in Burbank!!!! YAY!!!!!!!


                          I was going back and looking to see what I missed...
                          * I am TOTALLY going to save for one or two BSG sigs. I sure hope they don't overlap with the SG1 ones. You can purchuse those at the con, when they have a better idea of the times and such.
                          * If we want to do badges like some did last year - weeee - I will offer my creative services. My icon contest can wait... Also, I am making some custom wallpaper that I turn into pages the stars can sign. When I get a few done I like I can post them here and ya'll can see if you like them.
                          * I got an extra day off work so I can check flights going out on Monday now. Only time I like the other writer.

                          Ok... Yeah!
                          Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

                          Spoiler:

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post
                            Reclaiming the count down... If Nicole doesn't mind (thanks hon for keeping it going as I was MIA. *grumbles about various aspects of the job*
                            51 Days and we are in Burbank!!!! YAY!!!!!!!


                            I was going back and looking to see what I missed...
                            * I am TOTALLY going to save for one or two BSG sigs. I sure hope they don't overlap with the SG1 ones. You can purchuse those at the con, when they have a better idea of the times and such.
                            * If we want to do badges like some did last year - weeee - I will offer my creative services. My icon contest can wait... Also, I am making some custom wallpaper that I turn into pages the stars can sign. When I get a few done I like I can post them here and ya'll can see if you like them.
                            * I got an extra day off work so I can check flights going out on Monday now. Only time I like the other writer.

                            Ok... Yeah!
                            WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            * I haven;t checked the BSG Con stuff (note to self: check out BSG Con). Cause if Lucy Lawless is attending, im so getting a sig! I'm a huge Xena fan. Xena was my first crazy fandom. It has a special place in my fangirl heart.
                            * We HAVE to do the WP's this year!! Seeing Kate Hewlett's reaction was just too great not to do it this year. (The Hewlett's had better come again this year!!)
                            * YAY for having and extra day off!!!! I'm glad that worked out.

                            In other news:
                            The interview went pretty well. I'm just waiting to hear back. The lady that interviewed me said that she'd call later in the week. Well, it's later in the week and still no word yet. Oh, well.

                            As for the fog in the Valley's: Welcome to California!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                              What are you, a California driver or something? Sheesh!

                              Fog is not my favorite thing to drive through either, especially when it appears out of nowhere.
                              California driver?!?! What's that supposed to mean??? And aren't YOU one of those folks too???

                              It's absolutely NUTS how bad the drive home was last year! I'm preparing myself this year, taking an extra day before the con so I can drive down during he day, and a half day after so that I don't have to be do determined to get back in time for work on Monday.

                              Can it please be November already?



                              Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                                ......At the last Stargate Breakfast I attended, Chris Judge, Michael Shanks, and Torri Higgison started a muffin fight. Torri got Michael right in the forehead. Laater when she was on stage, Michael through a muffin (one that we, our table, gave him to get back at her) from backstage. It missed her completely, but she jumped pretty high. It was priceless. ...........
                                OMG, wasn't that the funniest thing you've ever seen? When Chris Judge came over to our table, he tried to duck behind me and hide and there was NO WAY I was getting in the middle of that insanity....... That and when Torri or Michael chucked a muffin at him, it would hit the wall soooo hard that I'm sure whoever got nailed by one would have lifelong scars.... And wasn't there one prime shot right into Torri's cup of coffee too???

                                Man, we need to campaign for Chris Judge to be added at the last minute to our con. He is the biggest little kid you'll ever meet!



                                Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X