No announcement yet.

Official SG Con, Burbank 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all - sorry I haven't come by to squee with a - thanks to Nicole (spacemonkey) I found our Joe is coming... I've been running all over the county these past few days. Dang work.

So, belated - SQUEEEEEE!!!!!! I know what I will be dreaming of for the next 2 months!!! I also noticed Creation is trying to recop thier money by upping the perferred price. Oh well, I'm saving more anyway, not a big deal. I will just have to harp on Mom and Dad to help me buy my camera before Burbank a bit harder!!

Nicole, Jessica and I love to hang out with all the non-gold folk - and ya'll golden folk too!!! - we will totally make experiance a blast. This is my 3rd con, have always gone perferred, and sometimes I wish I could afford the perks, but I am usually just really happy to be there, and hang out with ya'll the fans! And squee over the boys.. I mean stars... who are boys.... men.... errrr.... ya.

Nicole - I need to still book our room. Been falling behind. I also need to buy a flight. We'll chat about the particlars like last year! I can't wait!!!
    Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

hi all:

thought i would pop in here. james from chicago. going gold does have its advantages. i went gold the last 2 years in chicago and it was great. i dont travel around the world to see stargate conventions. i just attend the ones in chicago. gold tickets are rather expensive but worth it. this year i was in the first row A5. i loved the breakfast that was the best part. i will probablly go gold again next year if theres any more stargate conventions in chicago i hope. well cya all later. be safe. james from chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by james watson View Post
        hi all:

thought i would pop in here. james from chicago. going gold does have its advantages. i went gold the last 2 years in chicago and it was great. i dont travel around the world to see stargate conventions. i just attend the ones in chicago. gold tickets are rather expensive but worth it. this year i was in the first row A5. i loved the breakfast that was the best part. i will probablly go gold again next year if theres any more stargate conventions in chicago i hope. well cya all later. be safe. james from chicago.
        Hello James! Thanks for the intel.
        sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
          I may be going after all......due to a change in situation! I still have the hotel room booked, and I've put in for the time off....*crossing fingers*. I'll probably buy the gen admin ticket for the weekend, and then get photo ops tix.
          Good to hear!!!! Hope to see as many GW (and non GW) peeps as possible! Always end up converting at least one non-GW con goer to the flock after every con. Come join us, we have cookies!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by james watson View Post
            hi all:

Thanks for the info James. I will go for the gold then -- that sounds like an Olympic line doesn't it?
            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson View Post
              Good to hear!!!! Hope to see as many GW (and non GW) peeps as possible! Always end up converting at least one non-GW con goer to the flock after every con. Come join us, we have cookies!
              I am pricing everything today. Since I can make it to only one event (Van or Bur), it comes down to what I want to do most. Immediate gratification vs. patience. I am really bad at waiting.
              sig made by me

Comment

hi M2W nice to meet u too. i'a, looking for stargate friends to chat with. if your interested maybe we can exchange emails?? mine is: [email protected] all are welcome. be safe james from chicago.

Comment

My tummy hasn't started hurting yet. (I usually get really nauseas after spending large quantities of money.) I hope that's a good sign.

Anyways, going back in time for the moment, didn't someone mention name badges so we can find each other? (Although that won't be a problem for a few of you I've gathered. )
                  sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
                    My tummy hasn't started hurting yet. (I usually get really nauseas after spending large quantities of money.) I hope that's a good sign.

Anyways, going back in time for the moment, didn't someone mention name badges so we can find each other? (Although that won't be a problem for a few of you I've gathered. )
                    That happens to my tummy too. I haven't bought my tix yet. I'm procrastinating on going to the bank.

You're right. I have no idea who's doing them. Chris (rebelwriter), Jessica (non-GW member) and myself have our badges from last year. I'm not sure if it was decided or not, but we were going to make new ones.

Comment

Hmm... how do I tell what seat I was given? Is it that last little bit on the invoice e-mail? If so, I think I'm in I-27, which doesn't sound very good.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi, I'm planning on going to the Burbank convention and it'll be my first convention ever of any kind. Anyhoo, I had a few questions I was hoping I could pose to those of you that have been there before. I read through the entire thread so I wouldn't be asking the same questions and after I was done I still had a few questions that either I didn't see answered or I was just too ditzy to notice at the time!

I saw the discussion about the Gold and Preferred Packages, I looked and noticed the only major differences (aside from seating and so forth) appear to be that the Gold Package gets you admission to a Gold Patron Dessert Party and then admission to a Silent Auction on the last day, I didn't see any other differences. It's about a $130.00 difference between Gold and Preferred and I was just wondering what exactly goes on in the Dessert Party and the Silent Auction to see if I should get the more expensive one.

I was also wondering about timing of events. Do events happen very early in the morning? For example if I came down in the morning or afternoon on Friday would I be missing things? Should I come down on Thursday to make sure I don't miss out? The same thing also for Sunday, how late do events normally run? I just wanted to try and find out so I could plan my hotel reservations (and see how much I was going to have to try and start saving!)

I think those are my major questions. Sorry to be a newbie about things, I really appreciate any help!

Comment

Just giving this a little push - I mean we can't have this slip down now, right?
                          Oh and PG great questions -- I am also waiting on some replies.
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by PegasusGalaxy View Post
                            I saw the discussion about the Gold and Preferred Packages, I looked and noticed the only major differences (aside from seating and so forth) appear to be that the Gold Package gets you admission to a Gold Patron Dessert Party and then admission to a Silent Auction on the last day, I didn't see any other differences. It's about a $130.00 difference between Gold and Preferred and I was just wondering what exactly goes on in the Dessert Party and the Silent Auction to see if I should get the more expensive one.

I was also wondering about timing of events. Do events happen very early in the morning? For example if I came down in the morning or afternoon on Friday would I be missing things? Should I come down on Thursday to make sure I don't miss out? The same thing also for Sunday, how late do events normally run? I just wanted to try and find out so I could plan my hotel reservations (and see how much I was going to have to try and start saving!)

I think those are my major questions. Sorry to be a newbie about things, I really appreciate any help!
                            Hi and welcome!!!

I have never had the Gold before and therefore have never been to the Dessert party or the Silent Auction. If you're concerbed about your budget (like most of us here) then I would go with the Prefered. Mainly, because the Perfered people go the Hotel bar or lobby and chat for free. That way you wonl't get tempted with buying anything at the auction either, or tempted by eating the entire dessert table (cause I would SO do that if I ever go to a dessert party )

As for the timing, The Con usually startes around 11am, at the earliest. I think. And ends at 6pm. But, the autographs run late, so you won't really leave until around 7-8pm.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Comment

Excellent, thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking about it and I think I'll probably go Preferred. I'll still have motel and transportation costs so I probably need to save back what I can if I actually want some money left over for if I see something neat I want to get. Also, this way I can justify squeezing in a second photo op! If If I went gold I could have only gotten the one photo op. And yeah, I'd be so bad about a dessert table! It'd be "OOOoooo I want that and that and that!!!" I'd go back home weighing thirty more pounds than when I left!

Thanks for the times too! I was trying to figure out hotel prices and how long I should book (and how much money I needed to start saving!) and that definitely helps. I have some friends who are somewhat committed to going but they may not so I need to have the money to pay for my hotel on my own if needed. I think I should be able to get a room for Friday and Saturday and then check out on Sunday. I'll be driving instead of flying so I can put my luggage in my car during the day and then head out that night.

Thanks again! I'm really excited!

Comment

On Friday the con probably won't start until 1 or 2 pm, at least that's my experience with other cons, I have never attended Burbank before. The line for checking in to pick up your pass can be kinda long though so it depends on how much time you need to mill around, meet up with people, check in etc, that would determine whether you'd need to drive in Thursday evening or Friday morning. Also depends on the drive too, don't tend to get much sleep on con weekends, so hows your staying power? Hope to get the chance to meet you in Burbank!!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                                Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X