Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading Joe Mallozzi's blog entry I must admit...
    I am a lemming!

Yet, I must also admit I don't feel insulted. He could, nay *should* have said it in another tone of voice but honestly I don't think he did mean it in the derogatory way it might have come across. (Benefit of doubt at least)

In my humble opinion, of course I can also be wrong, that blog entry was just a kind of vent for the many furious and often enough unfair accusations and insults thrown at him in the past few days. And I was honestly shocked and bewildered at the tone some people used to shout out their distress. You know, I'm on the front of 'Save Carson' and am also very much for Weir to stay as a regular but no matter how stupid or irrational these cast decisions are or how outraged I am (and I will for sure boycott SGA if they don't bring Beckett back), there were some very unpleasant expressions posted to say the least, I think open hatred would be the better term. This must have annoyed him not only a bit. So I guess the entry was not meant to offend/annoy those who didn't cross the line of respect when referring to him or his collegues.
    twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
    sigpic

Comment

The massive exploding tumor of mayhem (yes exploding tumor folks) that's grown out of this blog of his has brought me more genuine entertainment than the actual show of late, so I guess I'm pro Joeblog to.

Yay Joeblog!

Can't wait for the next exciting episode!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetoffee14 View Post
        So why is <USER REMOVED> posting here with negative-ish remarks?

I found his blog comments hilarious! Have bookmarked it, i've been on alot of fansites and know exactly the sort of people he's talking about, i'm glad someone can have a laugh about them .

I feel that people are posting their negative comments here for the same reason they post them everywhere else, the very same reasons that Mallozzi very humorously mentioned in his blog

I removed the user-name so the Mods don't attack me for being off topic..

Comment

I agree with what he said in general about online forums. And asking why poeple are so inflamed about it didn't really deliver the warm fuzzy welcome to GW feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            No neither is wrong you can say *Fans are over-reacting or even GW fans are Over-Reacting*
            What you can't do....is discuss another thread in here
            The topic HERE is to state why YOU feel positive about Joe's Blog... <>

There is absolutely no reason that I can fathom that you can't express your own postive opinions without disparaging another member. If you feel you are unable to do so then that is your issue and you will have to find a way around that as to do so is a violation of GW rules. <>
            OK so your original MOD post was directed more at the poster who wished to use names of other members and their posting in another thread. I agree, I just hope it cuts both ways and any neg talk about this thread or the people who post in it is snippy do dah'd elsewhere on GW.

And leaving the final word to Joe:

"Joining together with like-minded individuals in a screaming chorus of blue murder is a heck of a lot easier than admitting you’ve made a mistake"

I am now going to talk about food! LOL Hmm, I wonder if Joe has ever had lamingtons. He seriously needs to come to Australia we have really odd yet tasty deserts.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              I am now going to talk about food! LOL Hmm, I wonder if Joe has ever had lamingtons. He seriously needs to come to Australia we have really odd yet tasty deserts.
              I thought they had lamingtons everywhere?

I'm sure I had one in the USA when I was there, damnit I want one now, thanks mate

Comment

I've got a recipe for Lamingons (or should that be Lemming-tons ) Good old Aussie Womens Weekly, I have a lot of their cook books. I cannot for the life of me make Anzacs

Comment

Lemmings pwn!

I think he can say whatever he want, it's freedom of speech!

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by prion
                    To spell it out for you: individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst. And those who chime in with them fare not much better.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Quoted for truth.

Actually, JM wrote that, not me, just to make sure I don't get quoted with that!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

Actually, JM wrote that, not me, just to make sure I don't get quoted with that!
                      Oh yeah I know, I justy couldn't be arsed to fiddle with the tags

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Oh yeah I know, I justy couldn't be arsed to fiddle with the tags
                        Okay Just wanted people not to go "she called us cretins!"

Comment

I just now finished reading the infamous "Lemming" post, and I have to say that I agree with him completely. The "Self annointed know-it-alls" he refers to should relax a bit and wait for the facts of things to come out before they start getting indignant.

Just my own humble opinion though.
                          JOIN THE FIGHT FOR GALACTIC DOMINATION!

http://stargatewars.com/recruit.php?uniqid=dl1158117270

Comment

I was just thinking of starting a "Save TPTB" thread, but this one seems to suffice.

I love that Joe said what he said. People jumping to conclusions with only the scantest hints of information is a huge peeve of mine, and Joe summed up the phenomena better than I could have.

I try to be the inverse, taking a wait and see attitude until the situation is mostly if not completely played out. I kept my thoughts to myself about Sunday until I saw it, and found it to have been pulled off better than I had hoped. If TPTB will work to that kind of standard next season, the show could turn into something special.

So, what could fans like me who optomistically embrace the future be called? Still lemmings, I suppose, charging head-long into the unknown. But happy lemmings!

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by sweetoffee14 View Post
                              I found his blog comments hilarious! Have bookmarked it, i've been on alot of fansites and know exactly the sort of people he's talking about, i'm glad someone can have a laugh about them .
                              The second I read the initial blog entry that caused all the ruckus, I exploded with laughter! What brilliance to parody what is going on here w/a show that could not be more different than SGA if it tried - despite the fact that the two stars of Boston Legal are inextricably linked to Scifi. It was superb, smack-you-in-the-face reality check appropriate!

Also, the harder folks roar, the more free promotion the show gets. Quite shrewd to milk all of the advertising dollars out of the fans who are building websites hither and yon to draw attention to the "SAVE WHATEVER" cause du jour.

I think it's hysterical. Prozac (or Zyprexa) help them, but lemmings are fun to watch (as in the game version where they blindly follow one another off the cliffs - my favorite of course being the ones who used to cry out "oh no!" before exploding). I think that if people had any insight into their own behavior they would recognize immediately that what Joe said, while admittedly a bitter pill to swallow, was true about certain hysterics-induced responses in fandom.

So way to go Joe for calling a spade a spade! Yes - acting like characters leaving or having their status changed to recurring is the be-all and end-all of human existence is a tad on the overreacting side.

Would that my fellow Americans devote such fervor and dedication to say... a cause like curing cancer or AIDS or perhaps even something so small as taking their responsibility to vote seriously. In the grand scheme of things, there are far more worthy causes in the world to which one could and should devote such passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter View Post
                                ISo, what could fans like me who optomistically embrace the future be called? Still lemmings, I suppose, charging head-long into the unknown. But happy lemmings!
                                I think that would make you just a regular fan - not abandoning the show because something is done in the story that you wouldn't have personally chosen to write, but still looking to the future with optimism that the writers have managed to entertain you so far, why not in the future as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X