This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
    Since the topic of discussion on THIS thread is supposed to be positive commenting on Joe's Blog....how about the posts begin to reflect that and not comments about other members, other threads or their opinions. Since anyone trying to defend themselves here would be considered Off Topic.

Lets remember that here at GW we do have the *Respect your Fellow Member Rule*

Thank you
    TameFarrar
    GateWorld Moderator
    Yes, lets remember that.

I do not see anything in here that has insulted other GW users, no, people should not bring their personal beefs with other uses into this or any other thread.

Facts are facts, people IMHO are over-reacting to Joe's blog, over-reacting to one very tiny part of an over all lengthy post. I can surly give my interpretation of fans over-reacting? Or is that off topic as well? Do I have to be so broad in my statements so no one is offended? So saying "fans are overreacting" is fine right? But saying "GW fans are overreacting" is wrong.

LOL! Good thing I still have a healthy sense of humor.

Comment

I don't think there's much more I can do it, than I TOTALLY SUPPORT this thread!!! I agreed with JM, we have no idea of what's going on backstage, but all I hear is whinging up a storm and feeling like they need to get on a soap box and weep away.

Long live JM...he's the best, and he's right!
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Joseph Mallozzi > 'campaigners'

Comment

me > everyone else.
          livejournal * fanfiction

i do not support the cast changes. No x-over. Yes Elizabeth & Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            I've read his blog. Am I being thick, because I don't think he was even addressing the SG fans was he, from what I can see he was taking about Boston Legal, unless I'm missreading something. I don't see a problem with him having a pop at the 'Shrill' weepers and wailers, they are giving the rest of the fans a bad name. here we go, handbags at dawn
            Oh my, you realize that handbags today were just rated as 'dangerous' by doctors? Really, read the news.

Actually, if you look at the shrill thread, it's a very fun place. THe creativity with poems, sigs and more is astounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
              I was actually asking TameFarrar as a MOD if we could use the more generic line on GW without it infringing on GW rules...
              And I'm also eagerly awaiting the mods' response.
              Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
              -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                And I'm also eagerly awaiting the mods' response.
                So am I.

But alas I have to go to...

Comment

saw the title of this thread, was looking forward to see what's on the inside (really sick of the lemming talk already) and i find myself confused...this is meant to be a positive thread right? So why exactly are their negative things being posted?

I found his blog comments hilarious! Have bookmarked it, i've been on alot of fansites and know exactly the sort of people he's talking about, i'm glad someone can have a laugh about them .
                  Last edited by sweetoffee14; 18 January 2007, 10:23 AM. Reason: not really liking this method of modding :-/ *rewords excluding name*
                  sigpic

Comment

I think I would have found his blog entry funny if the timing was better. It came out at the same time as the now famed episode, Sunday and the Wier news.

If Joe's timing was better--I don't think people would have reacted as badly. However, stargate's timing has never been great.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Also wanted to say I've really enjoyed his non-Stargate posts, which are way more numerous and much take a ton of time to write and photograph. All the foodie talk makes me nuts as I dine on my Trader Joe's microwave enchiladas, but it has inspired me to plan visits to a few good restaurants this year and live it up a little.

Comment

what entry was it that set this all off i'm so confused????

any help....I'm serious

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          Yes, lets remember that.

I do not see anything in here that has insulted other GW users, no, people should not bring their personal beefs with other uses into this or any other thread.

Facts are facts, people IMHO are over-reacting to Joe's blog, over-reacting to one very tiny part of an over all lengthy post. I can surly give my interpretation of fans over-reacting? Or is that off topic as well? Do I have to be so broad in my statements so no one is offended? So saying "fans are overreacting" is fine right? But saying "GW fans are overreacting" is wrong.

LOL! Good thing I still have a healthy sense of humor.
                          No neither is wrong you can say *Fans are over-reacting or even GW fans are Over-Reacting*
                          What you can't do....is discuss another thread in here
                          The topic HERE is to state why YOU feel positive about Joe's Blog...

If you need to use opposing analogies to show your point of view that is fine as well. But again it can not be at teh expense of other member's comments elsewhere on this Forum. Because they don't have the opportunity in THIS thread to refute you. As to do so would be off topic.

There is absolutely no reason that I can fathom that you can't express your own postive opinions without disparaging another member. If you feel you are unable to do so then that is your issue and you will have to find a way around that as to do so is a violation of GW rules.

Hope that is clearer
                          TameFarrar
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
                            what entry was it that set this all off i'm so confused????

any help....I'm serious
                            Think it's a couple entries now?

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-15-2007.html

Fondy and I are working our way through the second season of Boston Legal and are really enjoying the series. But one thing I found quite bizarre was the disappearance of one of the cast members. She’s in the show’s opening credits but only appeared in a handful of episodes before vanishing completely. Strange. She was a likable enough character. I wondered who was to blame for her disappearance. Was it the producers? The network? The studio? The actress herself? Was it a variety of factors? Some of the above? All of the above? Or maybe none of the above? Well, there was one thing I knew for sure, and that was that I knew nothing for sure. I considered joining some online fan forum and joining the chorus blaming the producers for her sudden disappearance, that episode with the singing, and my dog’s eye condition - but ultimately decided against it because I realized it would only make me sound like a shrill and ill-informed lemming. Still, it was tempting. There’s something strangely comforting and delusively empowering about chiming in with an anonymous mob, albeit one that lacks any true insight into the reality of a situation.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-16-2007.html

Speaking of grousing, I couldn’t help but notice that certain remarks in yesterday’s blog have engendered a rising tide of frothing fan fury. Some accuse me of hating the fans, the forums, anyone holding a negative opinion of the shows. In their, dare I say it, lemming-like stampede rush to hysterical judgment, they failed to take one tiny thing into account: what I actually wrote. Even though the quote has found its way onto the various forums, no one has bothered to actually read it, caught up as they are in the intoxicating frenzy of mass berserker rage. To refresh your memories, I wrote: “I considered joining some online fan forum and joining the chorus blaming the producers for her sudden disappearance (…) but ultimately decided against it because I realized it would only make me sound like a shrill and ill-informed lemming.” To spell it out for you: individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst. And those who chime in with them fare not much better. Sorry, nothing there about fans who are unhappy with the show or those who criticize the show or those who frequent forums or fans in general. Specifically, and quite clearly, I was referring to the self-anointed know-it-alls. That said, don’t let me stop any other fans who don’t fall into said group from feeling any less victimized. If you want to feel persecuted for no good reason, by all means go for it. After all, there’s nothing more satisfying than a good mob rage. (Ultimately, I’m sure this won’t change many minds. Joining together with like-minded individuals in a screaming chorus of blue murder is a heck of a lot easier than admitting you’ve made a mistake.)

and you need to scroll down to read comments as well. they're actually mor e fun to read than joe's posts.

and as an aside, just posting the information someone asked for. and, well, that's the story.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              To spell it out for you: individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst. And those who chime in with them fare not much better.
                              Quoted for truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                                Word up to the big Joe Mallozzi. It's rather amusing how all the haters of his comment are just proving his point. I got a big laugh out the lemming comment, as it was exactly the way things happen (he's a pretty shrewd fella) and plus Lemmings is a cool game.
                                Agree he made a good point about fans jumping to conlusions, (the Weir thing comes to mind) {Mod Snip}
                                Last edited by TameFarrar; 17 January 2007, 08:15 PM.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X