Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE END IS NIGH! Specifically - March 13th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE END IS NIGH! Specifically - March 13th!

Sky will air the world premiere of the final Stargate SG1 episode on March 13th.

We at GateWorld don't think this momentous occasion should pass unmarked. The event requires, at the very least, a comfortable room, a huge TV (a 40” plasma screen would be nice) and the company of other Stargate fans to send a show that has entertained us for ten years on its way.

Who will join us? The event will be held somewhere in the Soho/Leicester Sq/Covent Garden area of central London. Let us know, so we can figure out just how big a room to book!
    Last edited by GateGipsy; 09 January 2007, 07:52 AM.
    sigpic

Im out LOL I could be giving birth then

Comment

Gah! If this was in June, I'd totally be there!

I'll probably be watching it on my 17" computer monitor. I'll throw my own good-bye party.
      sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

I might depending on the location

David Hewlett is my 'happy place' SQUEEEEE!!!

Comment

Count me in!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

i mught depending on the location
            sigpic

Comment

I know this is going to sound truly pathetic, but I don't think I'll be able to watch the series finale. Of course, I still have time.....I'm in the US. I hope everyone does celebrate, in some way. It was a great ride.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

The location is probably going to be central London.

Madeleine

Comment

The location will be central London - Soho/Liecester Sq/Covent Garden areas. We are in the process of picking a venue. There's a surprisingly large number with Sky access and huge screens.

Shanks313 - doesn't the baby understand that watching the season finale is just too important to miss! Lol. March is a great month for a birthday (that's when mine is!). My baby was due in March - originally the 22nd and then they pushed it back to the 25th. Eventually he was born on the 7th! So maybe we'll see you on the 13th anyway.

And my apologies to everyone - I put a typo in the thread title! Going to fix it now.

So far we have one definite yes (yay Matt knew we could count on you!) and a few maybes depending on location. We need more than that. Tell your friends! Post links to this thread in other threads! Spread the word!

Note: Also be aware that it may not be possible for us to find a location that doesn't require going up some steps. Nearly all venues in London have stairs and few of them it would seem have lifts. Those that do are a tad out of our price range (so far!). We will do our best though.
                  sigpic

Comment

If i can talk my boss into giving me the time off work, i'll be there!

Maybe i should stop spending all day playing in GW and get some work done

Comment

I'll be there. It might be a brief one, given that it's a school night (gads, I sound like a kid again!), but I'll be there, all permitting.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

woo hoo that's another confirmation and another maybe confirmation

We may ask for a 'donation' at the door. Would people be OK with that? It will depend on how much the venue costs to hire. Some have a straight fee, others ask for a minimum spend. It wouldn't be too much - I'm not sure how much folk would be willing to 'donate'. We used to ask £3 for the events we did the Pages Sci Fi bar when it was still running, but that only cost £70 a night to use (although we didn't have exclusive use of it).
                        sigpic

Comment

This sounds a great idea - sadly I'm at Uni on that day and I don't finish till 7, so I'll get home to watch the finale but won't make it to London.

Can I spread the word onto [B]The Sci-fi Forum[/url], might get some fellow SG-1 fans from there joining you.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                            Sky will air the world premiere of the final Stargate SG1 episode on March 13th.

We at GateWorld don't think this momentous occasion should pass unmarked. The event requires, at the very least, a comfortable room, a huge TV (a 40” plasma screen would be nice) and the company of other Stargate fans to send a show that has entertained us for ten years on its way.

Who will join us? Let us know, so we can figure out just how big a room to book!
                            this isn't to fair for the folks in the united states

Comment

Am sure me and the old man will be able to travel up from Kent....and we'd be happy to donate whatever you decide on at the door....it's one week before we fly to Vancouver so would be a great way to start our "Convention Experience"....

Deeds xx
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                              X