GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    I love theatre too, its panto time again soon! I got my script but I'm going to miss a few rehearsals while I'm in London, so I promised the producer I'd take the scrip with me to practise it.

Julia(samcarterrules)
    We can help!

So, one month from today I will be in London.

I saw an item on the news yesterday based on a study in the UK about how many germs there are on things you hold onto on the tube. Adding hand sanitizer to my list of items to pack! Probably a good idea anyway. We'll be in flu season so we'll all want to take precautions to protect ourselves and others. Can't believe how many people do not wash their hands properly.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      We can help!

So, one month from today I will be in London.

I saw an item on the news yesterday based on a study in the UK about how many germs there are on things you hold onto on the tube. Adding hand sanitizer to my list of items to pack! Probably a good idea anyway. We'll be in flu season so we'll all want to take precautions to protect ourselves and others. Can't believe how many people do not wash their hands properly.
      But con crud is a tradition! All those germs getting together from so many different places all around the world...

sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
        But con crud is a tradition! All those germs getting together from so many different places all around the world...

Con crud is one thing (which I've never had, thank you very much) but the H1N1 virus is quite another matter. (Oh, I sounded like Helen for a minute there, I should add "cheeky monkey" to my post!)
        Last edited by EH-T; 12 October 2009, 08:34 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Con crud is one thing (which I've never had, thank you very much) but the H1N1 virus is quite another matter. (Oh, I sounded like Helen for a minute there, I should add "cheeky monkey" to my post!)
          Thanks to my wonderful students that love to share everything I have already had H1N1. So I'm not worried about that while in London.

As for going to a show when I was in London for AT3 I went into London on Thursday after having flown overnight Wednesday and saw "Spamalot". It was great fun and even though I was tired it was well worth the trip into London Thursday evening.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Heh, I haven't had H1N1 tht I know of, but I'm hoping one of my colds was a minor dose and I have some immunity. So many people at my work have had it, especailly the students. I was once at a party, one of five people squished on a 3 person sofa playing a drinking game. Turned out 2 of the people on the couch had the hog but didn't know it yet, and the other 2 were recovering and had been assured they were no longer contagious. I came out of that ok, so I'm really hoping I don't get it at the con since it's just the beginning of my 6 week holiday!

Just checked my tub of hand gel- it's 70 mL so I can take it on the plane. Mmmm, frangipani.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
              As for going to a show when I was in London for AT3 I went into London on Thursday after having flown overnight Wednesday and saw "Spamalot". It was great fun and even though I was tired it was well worth the trip into London Thursday evening.
              I will be arriving at Heathrow 1pm on Wednesday, 38 hours after leaving home and 24 hours of that will be spent in the air. I'm jumping straight into things to ensure I'm exhausted enough for a good sleep on Wednesday night. Yay Ripper tour!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                I will be arriving at Heathrow 1pm on Wednesday, 38 hours after leaving home and 24 hours of that will be spent in the air. I'm jumping straight into things to ensure I'm exhausted enough for a good sleep on Wednesday night. Yay Ripper tour!
                When are you planning on getting to the Ren? If it's before about 1pm on Thursday, I will have to put your name on the reservation so that you can check in. Otherwise you can just wait in the lobby with your luggage until I get there.

And I won't complain about my 10 hour flight any more (11 hours on the way home).

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                  When are you planning on getting to the Ren? If it's before about 1pm on Thursday, I will have to put your name on the reservation so that you can check in. Otherwise you can just wait in the lobby with your luggage until I get there.

And I won't complain about my 10 hour flight any more (11 hours on the way home).
                  I'm staying in Sarai's room on Wednesday night (I get around), so I will catch up with you when you arrive. I can probably leave my stuff in her room until then, or stash it somewhere.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

33 days to go until AT4!!!!!

291 days to go until the Sanctuary experience!!!!!

300 days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                      [center] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

33 days to go until AT4!!!!!
                      Ack! 2 assignments, a report, a weekend in Auckland for Armageddon con and 2 exams to do before I can even think about packing.

The countdown on my phone says 28 days 17 hours and 17 minutes until my plane takes off. Heeeee!
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I use the hand sanitizer everyday in my job...but we're currently under quarantine as we have some rather "unwell" residents...so I already have my little bottles of hand sanitizers ready to pack...and we have them in the kitchen and bathroom here at home...just hope that I can keep those pesky germs away while I'm away. I have a tendency to end my holidays on a bad note...usually either very sick with a virus or gastro or badly sunburned!
                        Yeah....spending over 20 hours on a plane is gonna be a pain in the butt!!! I know that when I leave Germany, I leave on a Friday night and land in Melbourne on the Sunday morning! I hope I can sleep most of the ride home!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

My 22nd birthday will be the first I have spent away from home. Even when I lived away from home I still woke up in my parents house on the morning of my birthdays. This year I will be as far away as I could possibly be and still be on the planet.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hi Guys!!

Does anyone know if the wonderful, talented and utterly beguiling Thomasina will be at AT4???

Best to all

S'n'T
                            "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                            Sara O' Neill's father;
                            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
                              Hi Guys!!

Does anyone know if the wonderful, talented and utterly beguiling Thomasina will be at AT4???

Best to all

S'n'T
                              Indeed she will.

Julia
                              G4
                              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to think about planning my UK trip now ... the antipation is definitely beginning to build *bounces* But first - lil sis' slightly unusual baby shower (gotta love a mom-to-be with severe personal space issues - she's 7.5 months along, and I've yet to get to put my hand on the belly... :/ But - it is her body, and unlike some people who assume if they see a pregnant woman, they've got some unwritten right to feel for the baby, I'm trying to respect her wishes. Kinda sucks missing out on that though ... ah well, I'm sure I'll get to hold my niece/nephew oodles once s/he is born!)

I'm staying in Sarah's room on Wednesday night (I get around), so I will catch up with you when you arrive. I can probably leave my stuff in her room until then, or stash it somewhere.
                                I can't see leaving it in the room being a prob Neep If I recall correctly, the rooms were fairly large, and if everything goes to plan (*snort*) I won't be arriving to take over my half of the room until Thursday afternoon anyway Either way, we'll make it work for ya!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                I use the hand sanitizer everyday in my job...but we're currently under quarantine as we have some rather "unwell" residents...so I already have my little bottles of hand sanitizers ready to pack...and we have them in the kitchen and bathroom here at home...just hope that I can keep those pesky germs away while I'm away. I have a tendency to end my holidays on a bad note...usually either very sick with a virus or gastro or badly sunburned!

Yeah....spending over 20 hours on a plane is gonna be a pain in the butt!!! I know that when I leave Germany, I leave on a Friday night and land in Melbourne on the Sunday morning! I hope I can sleep most of the ride home!
                                Chelle, I somehow doubt that getting sunburnt will be a huge issue for England in November Although, I suppose, stranger things have happened...
                                That is some cool time travelling you're doing there - I once heard of a woman who timed a trip to AU the long way so that she lost a day in the air, thus never actually having her big 4-0, I believe it was ... seemed a tad extreme to me -- if I ever managed to fly to AU or NZ, it'd def be for the destination, not for the flight! LOL

My 22nd birthday will be the first I have spent away from home. Even when I lived away from home I still woke up in my parents house on the morning of my birthdays. This year I will be as far away as I could possibly be and still be on the planet.
                                We'll help you celebrate in proper style m'dear! Bring on the blue jello!!!!
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X