GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    I'd think you'd have to buy both yourself and then arrange payment with Neep later. I'm kinda doing the same thing myself cept mine is a pressie for someone. I dont believe there is an option to pay separately at all. If your booking two tickets, Gabit wants payment for two tickets pronto.

And sheesh, I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing my last name on a character from one of my fav shows.
    The plan is to do that for the weekend tickets, but I was hoping to avoid doing it again with the Charmed passes since they seem like they will be a separate transaction. It just gets terribly confusing when you are working with 3 currencies.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      The plan is to do that for the weekend tickets, but I was hoping to avoid doing it again with the Charmed passes since they seem like they will be a separate transaction. It just gets terribly confusing when you are working with 3 currencies.
      Normal weekend tickets of one booking with multiple people= ONE payment by the main booker for ALL the tickets.

Cocktail party tickets can be seperated. Sorry we just can't handle chasing up split payments on the weekend tickets. Mumsey's chaos central snorkal would get flooded and we do need her to be able to breathe!!!

NEXT!

Becks

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
        Normal weekend tickets of one booking with multiple people= ONE payment by the main booker for ALL the tickets.

Cocktail party tickets can be seperated. Sorry we just can't handle chasing up split payments on the weekend tickets. Mumsey's chaos central snorkal would get flooded and we do need her to be able to breathe!!!

NEXT!

Becks
        Totally understandable Like I said, it was already planned that I would pay for the weekend tickets and Neep would get me the monies. Good to know that the cocktail tickets can be done separately though One less thing to have to convert.

Comment

*practices speed typing so will be ready for 10:30 a.m. (EST) Saturday morn*

*offers Bev a little libation*

*brings the excited little smilies out for some exercise*
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            What...I won't be there, but PengYn has our pea shooter
            *Whispers* I've got mine too.

*waves at the G4* hi guys! *polishes halo and whistles*

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

The range last year was all the way from business to little black dress. Basically it's just no jeans and tee shirts - make an effort to look nice type of dress.
              The cockail party is a "formal" affair so the dress code is smart to formal.

As Antoa says very smart business to ball gowns will all fit in. Alot of people love to "dress up" for parties and we so rarely get the chance these days so here's one!!! break out that fancy dress or posh frock. Just for the sake of international clarity... I do not mean in fancy dress- costume- dress up - I mean, cocktail dresses and dinner jackets...

Best Becks
              Thank you both!
              *setting the little black dress to the side*
              It's so much fun getting dressed up....

Hope everyone's New Years has been wonderful!
              My friends decided to bring in the year right, one's chimney on their house caught fire, and the other slipped on black ice last night and broke her ankle.... Now on to all the fun events in 2009.....
              *running back to continue catching up*
              sigpic
              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Seriously I'm getting a wayyyy excited for Saturday! Little nervous to see if my computer is going to cooperate, but waaaayyy excited....

P.P.S. The post was typed out on Henry, my new iPod touch.
                *gigglesnort*
                You named your iPod touch Henry.... that's awesome......

Good to know that I'm not the only one who names inanimate objects that I buy after things.....
                Although, my iPod is pink, so she's Penny....
                Last edited by ~Sarah~; 01 January 2009, 05:22 PM.
                sigpic
                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

The best thing to do is contact your card issuer and tell them you are going to make a transaction for x pounds on the date to GABIT EVENTS limited through HSBC. It may stop them blocking your card it may not. But if they do block the payment at least you have cause to tell them off.

I will do the cocktail party seating completely seperately to the Hall plan, and thats' an easier place to be able to sit in a big group ( up to 9).

Best Wishes
                  and happy new year!
                  Becks
                  G4
                  I contacted my bank this afternoon and they have a note on my account and so I should have no problems...I hope!!
                  I wouldn't mind being moved back to sit with others of need be!
                  So correct me if I'm wrong re the cocktail tickets...the first 90 applicants to register for tickets get first choice to purchase a cocktail party and if they don't want one then it goes down to the next person in order of who registered...oh heck...this is gonna be fun!
                  And with regard to seating at the cocktail party...can we request who we can sit with?? And how do we do that?? I'm jumping the gun aren't I?? Coz cocktail tickets get offered after the registrations have been done...right??
                  If you want a Charmed pass, you will need to register and purchase your weekend pass first and indicate on the registration form that you would like a Charmed pass if one is available. You can do this individually for each person on your booking.
                  When the registrations have been collated, the first 90 people requesting cocktail party tickets will be offered a place and sent a special link where they can pay for the add on.
                  If you are not in the first 90 people requesting tickets you will automatically be placed on the waiting list and you will be contacted if one becomes available at a later date.
                  You know...it's slowly sinking in...it always take a bit of time for me to get it!!
                  Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  Be paranoid about something else instead.
                  Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  What...I won't be there, but PengYn has our pea shooter
                  Paranoid?? Who??? Me??? Really?? I'm not paranoid...really I'm not...I'm just being cautious is all!!
                  I'm still bummed that Mandy, Jan and Sky won't be there.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

315 Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm working tonight ant tommorw night. So it will be 1645hrs before I can get online to book a ticket. I could in theory get up early, but the way work has been this week i'll need all the sleep i can get!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      So correct me if I'm wrong re the cocktail tickets...the first 90 applicants to register for tickets get first choice to purchase a cocktail party and if they don't want one then it goes down to the next person in order of who registered...oh heck...this is gonna be fun!

And with regard to seating at the cocktail party...can we request who we can sit with?? And how do we do that?? I'm jumping the gun aren't I?? Coz cocktail tickets get offered after the registrations have been done...right??
                      Playing tag with Becks.

The first 90 applicants for weekend tickets who request cocktail party tickets on their application will be offered a cocktail party ticket. Once we have offered these we will compile a waiting list of those who requested cocktail party tickets and didn't fall in the first ninety in order of application. In other words if someone drops out of the cocktail party or doesn't pay up in the specified time for their ticket, the next person on the list will be offered one. You must indicate on the form that you want a cocktail party ticket. We will only be offering tickets and putting people on a waiting list if they have indicated they want one.

And yes, cocktail party ticket offers will not be sent out for a good week to ten days max after Saturday, so that Kay can go quietly and methodically through all the applications and payments etc.

Requesting seating at the cocktail party may be done once you know whether or not you have a ticket. If you do and a group of you wish to sit on a table, then email Becky at the [email protected] addy and she will start compiling a table seating list. We cannot guarantee that people can sit together but we do our best.

Anything else?

Julia
                      G4
                      To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                        Anything else?
                        Julia
                        G4
                        Are we annoying you Julia???
                        Just one more thing...should I ring my bank then and explain that there may be two payments rather than just the one?
                        Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                        I'm working tonight ant tommorw night. So it will be 1645hrs before I can get online to book a ticket. I could in theory get up early, but the way work has been this week i'll need all the sleep i can get!!
                        Tell me about it. Hubby and I just got home from the hospital...dad was admitted tonight..and I have to work tomorrow and then I'm back to the hospital to see dad straight after work and then I have my nephew over for the night so it won't be an early one...then it's up at 2.30am to get online for the ticket and then back to work later in the morning. but it'll be cool...keeps me out of trouble!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          Are we annoying you Julia???
                          Just one more thing...should I ring my bank then and explain that there may be two payments rather than just the one?

Not at all! That's what I'm here for.

Besides, you can bet your bottom dollar that what you are thinking or worrying about hun, is being worried or thought about by a dozen others! It's better to clarify things now so you are all confident for Saturday. Hopefully Becks and I have soothed those nerves a little?

I would hold off ringing your bank until the first payment has gone through. If you get an email down the line that you have secured a cocktail party ticket then you can let them know there will be a second payment, but you have breathing room yet.

Julia
                          G4
                          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            *Whispers* I've got mine too.

*waves at the G4* hi guys! *polishes halo and whistles*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            oh man. please let me be sitting next to Julia.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm going to have to set my travel alarm clock as I'm afraid I'll forget! I think for the first time I'm going to try for a cocktail ticket so here's hoping, and good luck to us all!
                              sigpic

Comment

exchange rate, exchange rate...please let it be lower this time around.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                                .<snipped> Requesting seating at the cocktail party may be done once you know whether or not you have a ticket. If you do and a group of you wish to sit on a table, then email Becky at the [email protected] addy and she will start compiling a table seating list. We cannot guarantee that people can sit together but we do our best.

Anything else?

Julia
                                G4
                                Oh goody, we can actually sit ON the tables this year? Ah sorry, couldnt resist a bit of teasing.

*ducks out*

Comment

Working...
                                X