Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    Mumsey
    (Who tends to pick up accents wherever she spends time)
    Would not be worried about that Mumsey I'm certain there are a lot worse things you (Not you you people in general you)can pick up abroad.

Comment

Mumsey
      Originally posted by Verona View Post
      Would not be worried about that Mumsey I'm certain there are a lot worse things you (Not you you people in general you)can pick up abroad.
      *snickers madly*

Also wanted to say to Annelies that "tuna salad", in America, means tuna mixed with anything from just mayonnaise, to mayo, peppers, vinegar, sweet pickles...

It's not a salad as in leaves of any sort. It's a dish unto itself, here. So I suppose it is in Londyland too.
      Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
        I wasn't in a con rate room for two nights of the con so I brought packed breakfast for two mornings and enough packed lunch for two days. I ate in the snack bar at the hotel the last day and it was good food and reasonably priced (best company too *g*). I think dinner was one night at the pub, one at Maccy D's and Saturday night where my 'dinner' was chocolate, a packet of crisps and cidre *g*

Mmm...beans for breakfast...
        Oooh I loved our dinner at Maccy D's, maybe it was the good company.
        Our breakfast was included and lovely, and lunch we bought from the room that was set up, it was very good.
        Although I didn't eat very much all weekend b/c I was way to nervous/excited
        Mumsey
        I'm the same Mumsey

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I had the same issue, Julia. I actually lost a few pounds during my two week vacation, and could already see it before I left London.
          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
            Also wanted to say to Annelies that "tuna salad", in America, means tuna mixed with anything from just mayonnaise, to mayo, peppers, vinegar, sweet pickles...

It's not a salad as in leaves of any sort. It's a dish unto itself, here. So I suppose it is in Londyland too.
            Lol, good to know. If you order one here, you'll get lots of leaves, and boiled egg, olives, sometimes tomato and of course tuna (without mayo).

I think I would appreciate your tuna salad as well normally, but I was way too excited and nervous to eat stuff like that.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            Oooh I loved our dinner at Maccy D's, maybe it was the good company.
            Our breakfast was included and lovely, and lunch we bought from the room that was set up, it was very good.
            Although I didn't eat very much all weekend b/c I was way to nervous/excited
            Me too lol, I ate very little, was good for the scale
            sigpic

Comment

I had the same issue, Julia. I actually lost a few pounds during my two week vacation, and could already see it before I left London.
              Oooh...something for me to look forward to then...I could do with a few less kilos!! *and the rest!!*
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I pick up accents SO easily, it's insane. And on that same token, I was bursting into an English accent at any given time while I was in London. I blame that SOLELY on Amanda Tapping. A habit of hers, for sure, and one I definitely picked up.
                Paul Brown (Legends) is an ExPat Brit who emigrated to Canada. His girls were born there. When he is in Canada he has quite a Canadian accent, but as soon as he comes home, (or spends some time with us) his English accent creeps back.
                Mumsey
                Oh boy...I'm going to have sooo much fun at AT4!!!
                So Mumsey...when you coming over to Australia??? I would love to hear you try our accent out!!!

Thanks everyone for the heads up on breaky, lunch and tea/dinner...it helps to get an idea of what I should expect.
                Just found a dollar on the dining table...another coin to add to the AT4 tin!!! Yay!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                  Just found a dollar on the dining table...another coin to add to the AT4 tin!!! Yay!!
                  Yay on finding free money. Finders keepers, losers weepers..right?

hehe...that dollar in England would only amount to half its worth though. Save, save, save!

Comment

Oh boy...I'm going to have sooo much fun at AT4!!!
                    So Mumsey...when you coming over to Australia??? I would love to hear you try our accent out!!!
                    Sorry, at my age, 20-odd hours on a plane is too much for me to contemplate. I have enough troubles with 10 to/from Vancouver. Anyway, the Aussie accent is somewhat similar to our cockney. Americans often mistake one for the other.

My Aussie mate Ryk will be coming to Vancouver, and I'll probably get some practice from him (and Alan, one of the GAtecon organisers). - with my accent that is!! (Get outta the gutter you lot!)

Thanks everyone for the heads up on breaky, lunch and tea/dinner...it helps to get an idea of what I should expect.
                    Keep 'em coming!

Mumsey
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      If Suse and I could figure it out without the tearing of hair and wild wailing, I think you can manage. We even found the free bus.
                      Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      FREE bus? Why was I not told of this? I'm not getting all my memos!
                      You have to pay close attention to Scari's posts. We knew because of her.

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                      hee hee. Yep, instead of heading out of the airport to where all the cabs and hoppa buses are waiting for ya, you stay inside your terminal and follow the signs for the central bus station/underground/trains and obviously head up to the bus station and take the 285.

Although perhaps I should be telling everyone this closer to the time lol.
                      The directions sound right, but I couldn't repeat them from memory if I tried. We did find an information kiosk, though, and because of them and a nice lady who worked for the airport, we got to where we were going... for free. All you have to do is cross the street to get to the hotel. The Hoppa bus takes you to the front door of the Ren, which is very handy. I just cringed at paying $8 for each one way trip.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

How do you pronounce "process"??
                        We say it...let me try to get this right...pro - as in rhymes with row...and cess - as in sess. Easy!!

Just a quick question about AT4...where does everyone eat breakfast, lunch and dinner???
                        How much time do we get for lunch?
                        Not that I'm thinking about my tummy right now...well I am but that's because I have a wonky tummy...I think it was the fish...but I'm just wondering...I get bored and my mind wanders!!
                        Row can be pronounced two ways, as in row,row,row your boat or as in a fight.

Suse and I actually packed food to bring along with us. We ate a lot of peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat. We also brought trail mix, nuts and snack bars. I have a wonky tummy too. Not to mention a tight budget. We did eat a couple of times at the Three Magpies, and the company was better than the food... and the food wasn't bad.
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Row can be pronounced two ways, as in row,row,row your boat or as in a fight.

Suse and I actually packed food to bring along with us. We ate a lot of peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat. We also brought trail mix, nuts and snack bars. I have a wonky tummy too. Not to mention a tight budget. We did eat a couple of times at the Three Magpies, and the company was better than the food... and the food wasn't bad.
                          Gee, thanks
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                            Actually, just talking on the phone with my sister will bring my accent back *sigh* You can still hear it in some words, but I think it's lost it's 'Swedish edge'. I've really developed a strange accent.
                            My sister knows a woman that moved from England to Tennessee and her accent is a blend of the two.

Paul Brown (Legends) is an ExPat Brit who emigrated to Canada. His girls were born there. When he is in Canada he has quite a Canadian accent, but as soon as he comes home, (or spends some time with us) his English accent creeps back.

Mumsey
                            Everytime my aunt would visit from Texas we would all start to talk like her, instead of her picking up our accent. Very easy to pick up the drawl.

Lost on the first trip, but not the second (only 5 day trip). Have to stay longer for it to work.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

We did eat a couple of times at the Three Magpies, and the company was better than the food... and the food wasn't bad.
                              Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Gee, thanks
                              You were there?
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

I've gone to a couple of photography workshops in the last couple weeks, and one of them focused on Photoshop. I was trying to clear up my very grainy inside pictures of the con. Well, it turns out the film was damaged going through customs. Three of the four times I went through, my film was examined by hand, but once they refused to do it. Because the film was high speed, they assured me it would be okay.

I don't mind so much about the pictures I took of Amanda because I have copies of some other people's shots. What I have that I really wanted to turn out well are the pictures taken of attendees that can't be substituted because no one else took the shots. I'll clean them up the best I can, but I'm really disappointed.

Grrrrrr!
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Working...
                                X