No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambermoon... I don't have any Jello. I gave my last jello to Sofie and Borgteddy!

Anyway... a speech? Isn't that Julia's are of expertise?
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Looks like someone is waiting for that speech Eve.....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
        Looks like someone is waiting for that speech Eve.....

*munches*errr *eats some more chocolate* err... what...sorry my mounth is still full of food So not speaching tonight I think TJ had a great idea Where is Julia...And Jan if you feel up to speaching go ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
          Ambermoon... I don't have any Jello. I gave my last jello to Sofie and Borgteddy!

Anyway... a speech? Isn't that Julia's are of expertise?

Yes and I enjoyed that very much btw Love blue jello!!

And believe me you don't wanne hear me speech lol. I think Julia should have the honor

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
            I'm ready to party! I have the bottle of Bailey's chilling as I type...TJ didn't you make blue jello shots last time?
            Blue Jello shots are excellent with Bluesberry Schnapps. I'm still trying to figure out a way to transport some to London.
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

"We are gathered her today to celebrate the union of this man and this woman..."

Whoops, wrong one.

"Four score and seven years ago this nation..."

Nope, that one's wrong too.

"Hi folks. So nice to see you. Is it May yet?"

Finally got it right.
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                *munches*errr *eats some more chocolate* err... what...sorry my mounth is still full of food So not speaching tonight I think TJ had a great idea Where is Julia...And Jan if you feel up to speaching go ahead

Well public speaking was never my forte but I'll give it whirl....

299 days.....why I am looking forward to May 2008? I'm looking forward to seeing an actress that I greatly admire (for the meeting part I'll be hiding behind my Canadian buddy (on my knees of course cause my buddy is slightly shorter)) and meeting other fans. I look forward to meeting online friends for which it will be the first time and others who I've had the pleasure of meeting before and treasure their friendship. So hurray up that count down please!!

Yeah ok so maybe one too many beers.....

Cheers,

Jan
                sigpic

Comment

299 days.....why I am looking forward to May 2008? I'm looking forward to seeing an actress that I greatly admire (for the meeting part I'll be hiding behind my Canadian buddy (on my knees of course cause my buddy is slightly shorter)) and meeting other fans. I look forward to meeting online friends for which it will be the first time and others who I've had the pleasure of meeting before and treasure their friendship. So hurray up that count down please!!

Cheers,

Jan
                  So no backing out now Jan, we have it in writing on the net for all to see! See you next May at AT3, at last we will meet in RL!

Tracy

Comment

scarimor

Comment

Seven hundred and twenty five days.

That's one million, thirty one thousand, seven hundred and fifty two minutes.

That's how long ago Skydiver wrote that opening post of the thread. A thread where she invited us to post and get to know each other.

That's what Gabit has done for so many fans across the globe. The organisation, the people behind it, has allowed fans from Christchurch in Dorset to Christchurch in New Zealand to get together, to meet each other, to get to know each other. Amanda may be the uniting force behind those fans, the common factor between them, but the reason for attending the Gabit events, for many of those fans, has become so much more than meeting an actress.

Gabit is special in so many ways, from the "exclusivity" factor of only a few hundred tickets, to the top notch organisation that has the event running smoothly. But the most special thing is the kindness and friendliness that radiates from the top down. Each member of the G4, each member of their Gabit crew, each member of the stewarding team puts in so much effort but also so much love and kindness, so much humour that the Gabit event becomes so much more than a convention.

Every guest feels as important as Amanda, every guest feels special and loved. The team take time to make sure that everyone is having the time of their life. And every guest is given their space, their freedom.

There's no herding of fans like they're a pack of vermin to be gotten rid of. No yelling at them that they "shouldn't be here now, we told you to GO AWAY!". No. The Gabit team run their events wih the same gentleness and respect that has become a motto of Amanda's fans everywhere.

Instead, we are given time to talk, time to get to know each other and interact. Time to have fun in comfortable surroundings, as opposed to seated on a cold, hard floor in a queue (though there is an optional queue, should anyone wish to practice for the next Wolf Event!).

And, as I've said, this kindness, respect and humour has filtered downwards, into this thread where we've had the wonderful opportunity to discuss and get to know each other.

Last year I was lucky enough to find a roommate through this thread. She of the Limitless Credit Card. Yes, Ambermoon was my wonderful roommate. Through this thread, I got the chance to talk to so many people before the event, to enjoy the build up and anticipation, to get some insight into what to expect from people who had been lucky enough to attend AT1.

And here we are again, still going strong as a thread, only 299 days to go until the next event. That's 641,758.2 minutes! New friends, new adventures, new world records to be set.

If I've learnt anything over the past year and a half on this thread, it's this: Gabit is so much more than a convention. Gabit is a group of people, it's a way of looking at things, it's a word symbolising fun, happiness, kindness and, most of all, friendship.

/end attempt at speech
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

*claps for Tracy*

Amen, sistah!
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

omg!! that's amazing Tracy!!
                          I don't think anyone could have said it better
                          *bows for Tracy*

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post
                            So no backing out now Jan, we have it in writing on the net for all to see! See you next May at AT3, at last we will meet in RL!

Tracy
                            LOL, Yes T, at last!

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            Seven hundred and twenty five days.

That's one million, thirty one thousand, seven hundred and fifty two minutes.

That's how long ago Skydiver wrote that opening post of the thread. A thread where she invited us to post and get to know each other.

That's what Gabit has done for so many fans across the globe. The organisation, the people behind it, has allowed fans from Christchurch in Dorset to Christchurch in New Zealand to get together, to meet each other, to get to know each other. Amanda may be the uniting force behind those fans, the common factor between them, but the reason for attending the Gabit events, for many of those fans, has become so much more than meeting an actress.

Gabit is special in so many ways, from the "exclusivity" factor of only a few hundred tickets, to the top notch organisation that has the event running smoothly. But the most special thing is the kindness and friendliness that radiates from the top down. Each member of the G4, each member of their Gabit crew, each member of the stewarding team puts in so much effort but also so much love and kindness, so much humour that the Gabit event becomes so much more than a convention.

Every guest feels as important as Amanda, every guest feels special and loved. The team take time to make sure that everyone is having the time of their life. And every guest is given their space, their freedom.

There's no herding of fans like they're a pack of vermin to be gotten rid of. No yelling at them that they "shouldn't be here now, we told you to GO AWAY!". No. The Gabit team run their events wih the same gentleness and respect that has become a motto of Amanda's fans everywhere.

Instead, we are given time to talk, time to get to know each other and interact. Time to have fun in comfortable surroundings, as opposed to seated on a cold, hard floor in a queue (though there is an optional queue, should anyone wish to practice for the next Wolf Event!).

And, as I've said, this kindness, respect and humour has filtered downwards, into this thread where we've had the wonderful opportunity to discuss and get to know each other.

Last year I was lucky enough to find a roommate through this thread. She of the Limitless Credit Card. Yes, Ambermoon was my wonderful roommate. Through this thread, I got the chance to talk to so many people before the event, to enjoy the build up and anticipation, to get some insight into what to expect from people who had been lucky enough to attend AT1.

And here we are again, still going strong as a thread, only 299 days to go until the next event. That's 641,758.2 minutes! New friends, new adventures, new world records to be set.

If I've learnt anything over the past year and a half on this thread, it's this: Gabit is so much more than a convention. Gabit is a group of people, it's a way of looking at things, it's a word symbolising fun, happiness, kindness and, most of all, friendship.

/end attempt at speech
                            sigpic

Comment

Cheers,

Jan
                              Originally posted by t_2 View Post

Tracy
                              WooHoo Jans coming that means next year Tracy we can stand at the dance have a drink and watch Jan dance - I'll take another pint of Murphy's
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                                WooHoo Jans coming that means next year Tracy we can stand at the dance have a drink and watch Jan dance - I'll take another pint of Murphy's
                                **reexamines previous post**Where in that does it say ANYTHING about dancing???? Umm...no THAT would require lots of alcohol!!!

Oh no you don't Nora I'll leave the dancing to you and T.

**wonders if bubble wrap will be required to restrain T and Nora with**
                                Last edited by JanSam; 08 July 2007, 03:38 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X