No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someday, an AT event will be held during a time of year that I can actually attend. As a school teacher, I cannot take time off between August and the first of June...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      someday, an AT event will be held during a time of year that I can actually attend. As a school teacher, I cannot take time off between August and the first of June...
      Hey Nola, ever have any interest in going to Oakland, Calif - the SF Bay area. The "Evolution Expo" is June 27-29th at the Oakland Marriott City Center. Amanda along with a lot of other people will be there then. I am trying to save up enough to go.
      sigpic

Comment

now that sounds like something doable I will think about it and research a bit...
        sigpic

Comment

A couple of links for the Evolution Expo that might help.....it's the brainchild of Julie Caitlin Brown, she who represents many Stargate stars at other Cons and who was also in Babylon 5...it sounds a mix of media & science stars and if I wasn't so wrapped up in spending mucho dollar on our West Coast Road Trip & ECCC I'd have gone....and of course our lovely Claire is heavily involved in promoting it too...

https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionExpo2014?fref=ts

http://sciencefictionentertainment.com/

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            So my niece and her boyfriend would like to visit Portsmouth to see HMS Victory. Anyone been there and have any advice?
            I went many years ago so I'm sure that much has changed. It has a lovely waterfront (provided it hasn't sustained too much damage from the recent storms) and shopping area. It also has Spinnaker tower which is built in the shape of a sail. It's really tall so you can go up to the viewing platform (you need to buy tickets though) and you can see for miles. That's all I can remember about it
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
              A couple of links for the Evolution Expo that might help.....it's the brainchild of Julie Caitlin Brown, she who represents many Stargate stars at other Cons and who was also in Babylon 5...it sounds a mix of media & science stars and if I wasn't so wrapped up in spending mucho dollar on our West Coast Road Trip & ECCC I'd have gone....and of course our lovely Claire is heavily involved in promoting it too...

https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionExpo2014?fref=ts

http://sciencefictionentertainment.com/

Deeds xx

Wish you could be at this one as I will be in attendance. Works out very well since I will not be teaching at the time. Really excited about the Science aspect and what they are offering for kids at this event!
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                Coming with two people this time - hmmmm! Want another relative? Looking forward to seeing you there. Have a good flight. I leave on Tuesday via Iceland - maybe I'll be lucky and actually see the aurora borealis!
                Trust me, there is a line up of people who want to be adopted as my nieces or nephews!

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                That's on my bucket list! We did get to see it on a flight back from Canada one year. It was only fleeting and, oddly, almost on a level with the plane. Just like a white net curtain. I'd like to see it properly though. Maybe on one of the Alaskan or Norwegian cruises. One day.....

See you all soon. Safe travels.

Mumsey
                Churchill, Manitoba has amazing Northern Lights. And polar bears. And Beluga whales!

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                Aww thank you! I'm so looking forward to meet everyone! My dream will finally come true <3
                So what is the plan for how we meet you? What is your seat number?

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                I went many years ago so I'm sure that much has changed. It has a lovely waterfront (provided it hasn't sustained too much damage from the recent storms) and shopping area. It also has Spinnaker tower which is built in the shape of a sail. It's really tall so you can go up to the viewing platform (you need to buy tickets though) and you can see for miles. That's all I can remember about it
                Thanks.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Forgot to mention my big dilemna. Trying to figure out how I see the Olympic curling finals and the hockey finals. Between traveling and AT7 this ain't gonna be easy!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Forgot to mention my big dilemna. Trying to figure out how I see the Olympic curling finals and the hockey finals. Between traveling and AT7 this ain't gonna be easy!

Only way - tape them!
                    sigpic

Comment

This time I wanna try being brave and raise my hand to ask questions...uhm...
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Well I have finally packed everything (hopefully) - including taking a coat with me this time! So now I am going to watch the ice dancing finals on the Olympics then go to bed. Tomorrow I am off to the UK!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I know. Same problem here. No chance of seeing the final live but I downloaded the IIHF app which has a liveticker and push notification for goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                            Yeah, I know. Same problem here. No chance of seeing the final live but I downloaded the IIHF app which has a liveticker and push notification for goals.
                            Free wifi in the Ren - BBC iPlayer on your phone/ tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                              Wish you could be at this one as I will be in attendance. Works out very well since I will not be teaching at the time. Really excited about the Science aspect and what they are offering for kids at this event!
                              N, I need to talk to you about this one over the weekend

Comment

So what is the plan for how we meet you? What is your seat number?
                                Just woke up from a nap before leaving for the airport. The plane takes off around 2.30 am I'm so looking forward to see you all in London EH-T, I'm going to the newbies meeting as I will be by myself and after that I will be in the registration queue. I'm sure we'll be able to find each other My seat number is G12! See you all in London and safe travels
                                sigpic
                                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Working...
                                X