GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa View Post
    He is working on Sleepy Hollow. I will definitely be watching that when it airs. It looks good

Thanks Kiddo, I couldn't remember the name of the show although Amanda did mention it (I blame my recent bike accident which is my excuse for everything these days).

Amanda was also asked about Supernatural. She mentioned how quickly "I hate Naomi" groups formed after her first appearance ( a first for her), how funny Misha Collins is and how she hopes there is more to come for her on that show. She also mentioned how the writers never told her if the character was good or bad which gave her freedom to play. She viewed the character as good or at least having good motives, someone who would do anything necessary, even kill, to protect heaven--kind of like a momma bear.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

So a discussion in the Sam thread about how the video game character of Sam actually bears no resemblance to Amanda reminded me of another question. Amanda was asked what it was like to have your own action figure. She said it was surreal and that she owns some SG1 action figures that her daughter plays with (except the ones that are not allowed out of the box . She joked about how the plastic was molded to not really look like her.

Comment

I spoke with one of the employees of Diamond Select (who made the action figures) about why the SG-1 figures weren't as good a resemblance as the SGA ones. He said they used the facial scans that had been done years earlier for a game (that was never released) to save on money since it was their first line and they weren't sure how well they would sell.

When it was time to do the SGA figures they did their own scans (with much better tech since it had been a few years) so the resemblance was much better.

I assume they didn't update their scan of Amanda for the SGA Sam figure since it looks the same.

Comment

Three things:

1) The money transfer thing doesn't impact sending money to GABIT. It's to do with future and repeat payments - not the one-off transfers that happen for GABIT.

2) Sanctuary for Kids is going to be present at Trekgate at the end of September - hoping for lots of Euros and some good PR

3) Hai GW peoples!

Edit: I don't know anything about action figures that aren't Star Wars...

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
            Three things:

1) The money transfer thing doesn't impact sending money to GABIT. It's to do with future and repeat payments - not the one-off transfers that happen for GABIT.

2) Sanctuary for Kids is going to be present at Trekgate at the end of September - hoping for lots of Euros and some good PR

3) Hai GW peoples!

Don't feel bad - only 2 action figures I know about are the two that David Hewlett plays with and shows pictures of on Twitter!
            sigpic

Comment

it's already Amanda's bday here!

sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                I spoke with one of the employees of Diamond Select (who made the action figures) about why the SG-1 figures weren't as good a resemblance as the SGA ones. He said they used the facial scans that had been done years earlier for a game (that was never released) to save on money since it was their first line and they weren't sure how well they would sell.

When it was time to do the SGA figures they did their own scans (with much better tech since it had been a few years) so the resemblance was much better.

I assume they didn't update their scan of Amanda for the SGA Sam figure since it looks the same.
                Interesting.

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                Three things:

3) Hai GW peoples!

HI!

Good luck at Trekgate.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                it's already Amanda's bday here!

[=youtube;VgUJTkfB020]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgUJTkfB020[/video]
                Nice.

Made my donation today to S4k for Amanada as well as two special cousins who are celebrating special birthdays this week. Party week!

Another tidbit from Chicago:

Someone asked Amanda about going back to the stage. She talked about performing in the Vagina Monologues in Toronto and how scared she was--but loved it. Amanda mentioned she and Robin have been discussing doing a play together.

Comment

I also made a donation in honor of Amanda's birthday.
                  Best present I could possibly think of giving!
                  sigpic

Comment

Trying to remember more of the Q & A but the old brain isn't cooperating.

I will say that I once again saw the wonderful nature of Amanda in action. I was in the autograph line geetting an autograph for a fellow fan and noticed Amanda get up from her chair and come around the table to hug a fan. It was a young woman who was obviously a bit overwhelmed at meeting Amanda and the typical Amanda reaction to provide comfort. If I had a nickel for every time I have seen her do that over the years I'd have a lot of $ to contribute to S4K!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Trying to remember more of the Q & A but the old brain isn't cooperating.

I will say that I once again saw the wonderful nature of Amanda in action. I was in the autograph line geetting an autograph for a fellow fan and noticed Amanda get up from her chair and come around the table to hug a fan. It was a young woman who was obviously a bit overwhelmed at meeting Amanda and the typical Amanda reaction to provide comfort. If I had a nickel for every time I have seen her do that over the years I'd have a lot of $ to contribute to S4K!

You and me both! Amanda has one of the most generous and genuine hearts I ever had the privilege of seeing in action.
                      sigpic

Comment

As part of my question about S4K I did ask Amanda if she could give us any hints about what items might turn up in the S4K online auction this fall. She said she couldn't pass on any spoilers but did say with her recent packing she had come across some of her personal collection of items that may end up at auction including one of the original Teal'c forehead snake symbols. Then she realized she should have brought it with her to Chicago to have CJ sign it. d'oh!
                        Last edited by EH-T; 11 September 2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          As part of my question about S4K I did ask Amanda if she could give us any hints about what items might turn up in the S4K online auction this fall. She said she couldn't pass on any spoilers but did say with her recent packing she had come across some of her personal collection of items that may end up at auction including one of the original Teal'c forehead snake symbols. Then she realized she should have brought it with her to Chicago to have CJ sign it. d'oh!
                          Hmmm! A piece of Teal'c forehead... now that would be different! Maybe she will be going somewhere that they will both be together and ask him to sign it then. Or even better - the lucky winner can go to a con he is at and ask him personally!
                          sigpic

Comment

158 days, 21hrs, 29 min, 44sec till at7

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                              158 days, 21hrs, 29 min, 44sec till at7
                              We are so not counting the days

Nearly down to 150 days!!! Woohoo!
                              sigpic
                              Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

could someone be just a tad excited?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X