GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ames View Post
    I know there are multiple busses that will take you to Heathrow, where you can catch the tube. I would presume there would be a bus directly into the city as well ... *searches* ... google maps says you can take the N9 (which picks up a 6-min walk from the hotel at Nene Road Sipson Road (Stop BJ)) towards Soho ... drops in the City of London (and the places in between, of course). Hope that helps!
    Thanks Ames, that sounds great! I'll get Donna to look in to it

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Julia doesn't do the tube, but I'm sure we can find an accessible bus.
    Aww you guys are awesome! You remembered I don't do the tube *hugs*

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

26 days til AT6 Ripples!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

found this in one of the london travel planner things.

Comment

I searched back in the thread and found the link to the info about busses from Heathrow to the Ren

http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/hot...pa_bus.htm#bus

I always just hopped on one of the free busses to get to the hotel. I believe I took the hoppa back a couple times.

Comment

Thanks for finding the information on the free buses from the airport to the hotel. I was just about to dig for that information.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the info, it was a great help. I have another question if that's OK, have any of you with mobility difficulties used the Heathrow Express before? Is it flat entry like it says on the website? It seems not a bad price and very quick. What do you guys think?

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Go for it girlie!!!!

Comment

24 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Sticking my nose in with the chocolate party. Just as Ames said....it's largely a Gateworld event....but anyone is welcome. Just like she said, it's not advertised, not an official gabit event, but anyone that wanders by that wants some is welcome to it. (and IIRC, there's always more chocolate than anyone can eat and it's usually being finished off or leftovers going home with folks on Sunday)
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

------------------------------------
                      Chocolate party attendees
                      NZNeep (Eileen)
                      Spacegirlnz (Emma)
                      Zippy (Sammy)
                      ATFan (Amanda)
                      ames
                      llp (Laurie) *
                      Chelle
                      MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
                      Annelies * & Flow *
                      Beth (possibility)
                      Lisa (possibility)
                      samcarterrules (Julia) *
                      Donna *
                      Doris *
                      lbruce1980 (Cindy)
                      samcargersg1 (Nicole)
                      Mrs2Shy (Sanna)

* depending on stewards duties

Message from NZNeep (Eileen) re the chocolateparty:
                      I'm happy to take responsibility for the chocolate party on the day again. I will just need someone else to collect names and let the G4 know approximate numbers since I won't be available for the 6 weeks leading up to AT6. Last time we had a list here which worked well.

I think in previous years we have decided to limit size by not widely advertising it, but anyone who hears about it is totally welcome. We don't want anyone feeling left out, that's not the GABIT way!

Message from JuliaR re the chocolateparty:
                      I've done the schedule today and the chocolate party is on it. I looked at my notes and Mumsey is the link person to talk to so can you finalise with her in numbers.
                      It's down for 3.20 on Saturday in the bar alcove again.
                      Participants need to go for their photos at the beginning of the 2.20 photo session.
                      Hope this helps
                      Julia
                      x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      sigpic

Comment

NZNeep (Eileen)
                        Spacegirlnz (Emma)
                        Zippy (Sammy)
                        ATFan (Amanda)
                        ames
                        llp (Laurie) *
                        Chelle
                        MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
                        Annelies * & Flow *
                        Beth (possibility)
                        Lisa (possibility)
                        samcarterrules (Julia) *
                        Donna *
                        Doris *
                        lbruce1980 (Cindy)
                        samcargersg1 (Nicole)
                        Mrs2Shy (Sanna)
                        Jumble

I'm happy to take responsibility for the chocolate party on the day again. I will just need someone else to collect names and let the G4 know approximate numbers since I won't be available for the 6 weeks leading up to AT6. Last time we had a list here which worked well.

I think in previous years we have decided to limit size by not widely advertising it, but anyone who hears about it is totally welcome. We don't want anyone feeling left out, that's not the GABIT way!

[I]I've done the schedule today and the chocolate party is on it. I looked at my notes and Mumsey is the link person to talk to so can you finalise with her in numbers.
                        Participants need to go for their photos at the beginning of the 2.20 photo session.
                        Hope this helps
                        Julia

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          Thanks guys for all the info, it was a great help. I have another question if that's OK, have any of you with mobility difficulties used the Heathrow Express before? Is it flat entry like it says on the website? It seems not a bad price and very quick. What do you guys think?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question. Hope someone can help.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

NZNeep (Eileen)
                            Spacegirlnz (Emma)
                            Zippy (Sammy)
                            ATFan (Amanda)
                            ames
                            llp (Laurie) *
                            Chelle
                            MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
                            Annelies * & Flow *
                            Beth (possibility)
                            Lisa (possibility)
                            samcarterrules (Julia) *
                            Donna *
                            Doris *
                            lbruce1980 (Cindy)
                            samcargersg1 (Nicole)
                            Mrs2Shy (Sanna)
                            Jumble
                            Devilish Me

[I]I've done the schedule today and the chocolate party is on it. I looked at my notes and Mumsey is the link person to talk to so can you finalise with her in numbers.
                            Hope this helps
                            Julia

I'm not sure what to bring though... Will have to give it some thought.
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question. Hope someone can help.
                              i helped- i rode the heathrow express quite a few times before and after AT5. it's flat and easy entry with lots of chair/scooter room. it's really the best way to go. quick and cheaper than a taxi.

Comment

spent 3 hours with a master carver today finishing up my practice carving. i have the actual box all cut out and almost all glued together. have lots of sanding to do tomorrow. and i am ready to start the actual carving for the lid of the puzzle box. it looks good and will be a really neat box-music box actually. have about 16 days to get it completely finished. have to figure ways to entertain Bubba so i can work on it. when i play the music movement he tips his back and forth-he likes the music. this is going to one neat puzzle box. get ready to bid.
                                EH-T i just used the "bid" word.

Comment

Working...
                                X