Spacegirlnz (Emma)
      Zippy (Sammy)
      ATFan (Amanda)
      ames
      llp (Laurie)
      Chelle
      MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
      Annelies - MAYBE

I'm a maybe also, will depend on stewardduties, though I'm sure I will drop by to snatch some (a lot!) of peanutbutter M&Ms

Message from NZNeep (Eileen) re the chocolateparty:
      I'm happy to take responsibility for the chocolate party on the day again. I will just need someone else to collect names and let the G4 know approximate numbers since I won't be available for the 6 weeks leading up to AT6. Last time we had a list here which worked well. I will start

Message from JuliaR re the chocolateparty:
      I've done the schedule today and the chocolate party is on it. I looked at my notes and Mumsey is the link person to talk to so can you finalise with her in numbers.
      It's down for 3.20 on Saturday in the bar alcove again.
      Participants need to go for their photos at the beginning of the 2.20 photo session.
      Hope this helps
      Julia
      x

Great! The bar alcove is a very nice location, more personal than a room.
      (I think this also means we shouldn't advertise the Chocolate Party outside this board. Last time we agreed to keep it here, but that we all could bring other people (just put them on the list) as to avoid that there will be too many people).
      sigpic

Comment

Chocolate party attendees
        NZNeep (Eileen)
        Spacegirlnz (Emma)
        Zippy (Sammy)
        ATFan (Amanda)
        ames
        llp (Laurie)
        Chelle
        MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
        Annelies - MAYBE
        Beth (possibility)
        Lisa (possibility)

Will ask my fellow Aussies if they would like to come along - there's going to be 5 or 6 that I can think of - Mumsey or JuliaR - do you know how many Aussies are attending AT6? Is it going to be a record number this year?
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Okay guys time for your input again. I have spent way too many hours trying to find a place to stay in London that I don't have to give an arm and leg (or all four for). After looking I thought I would stay at a Heathrow airport hotel. I would like one near the REN just because I know what bus to take to get there. If I stay at the airport I'll get a BritRail pass since it is also good for the Heathrow express along with all of my other train travel.

By the way thanks for the input on other places to stay. Jumble I have had the pleasure of visiting the Peak District. My father's step-fathers family is from Ashover. I spent a week there tramping through graveyards and I found the family house; Sabine Hey. Actually almost literally ran into it when a big truck carrying concrete blocks nearly ran me off the road just outside the Sabine Hey gate; fate? I did get to do some hiking also such a beautiful place.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
            Okay guys time for your input again. I have spent way too many hours trying to find a place to stay in London that I don't have to give an arm and leg (or all four for). After looking I thought I would stay at a Heathrow airport hotel. I would like one near the REN just because I know what bus to take to get there. If I stay at the airport I'll get a BritRail pass since it is also good for the Heathrow express along with all of my other train travel.
            The Radisson is across from the Ren. We got some good deals there when booking in advance.
            Anke is staying at the Park Inn - IIRC - prior to AT6 and she also got a good deal.
            If you check Google maps and enter Renaissance, Bath Road, Heathrow you can scroll along Bath Road and see what else is located near the Ren (Sheraton, Holiday Inn etc.).

Comment

Since we are asking for hotel recommendations, I will be at the Ren from Wed on but am looking for something more centrally located beforehand. Last time I stayed at the New Amsterdam. It is nice but the prices seem to have increased significantly. Any other recommendations?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Testing to see if I can post Mocha's pics:

IMG_0386 - Version 2.jpeg

IMG_0420.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpg

OK, let's face it, they are tiny but that is one cute dog.

Comment

Be sure to be careful when looking at booking cost. Sometimes it does not include the VAT that can add around 20% to the daily total. You have to get all the way to booking before you find this out. I really hate that.

Comment

NZNeep (Eileen)
                    Spacegirlnz (Emma)
                    Zippy (Sammy)
                    ATFan (Amanda)
                    ames
                    llp (Laurie) - Maybe
                    Chelle
                    MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
                    Annelies - MAYBE
                    Beth (possibility)
                    Lisa (possibility)

(I forgot = might have steward duties!)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                      Testing to see if I can post Mocha's pics:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35224[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35226[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35227[/ATTACH]

OK, let's face it, they are tiny but that is one cute dog.
                      boy, that is one great looking puppy. oh wait, that's my bubba. disappointing tho, i was just sent an article from the dane rescue people about something called phthalates and lead that can be ingested when drinking from a garden hose. guess those are not good, especially the lead. maybe that's why i can't post my own photos-too much lead from drinking hose water all my life. that ph.......stuff has been found in plastic dog toys and plastic dog bowls and has been banned in products for children. not sure what exactly the stuff does, but it's not good and the lead is even worse. so if you let your dog drink from the hose, don't do that anymore. you can by hoses that are lead free. they can be found online. only the state of california actually puts warnings on the hoses and spray nozzles. shame on the other states. Bubba is gonna miss that hose water. oh well. thanks for posting those photos. i'll keep trying. i shall prevail.......maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        NZNeep (Eileen)
                        Spacegirlnz (Emma)
                        Zippy (Sammy)
                        ATFan (Amanda)
                        ames
                        llp (Laurie)
                        Chelle
                        MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
                        Annelies - MAYBE
                        Beth (possibility)
                        Lisa (possibility)

Will ask my fellow Aussies if they would like to come along - there's going to be 5 or 6 that I can think of - Mumsey or JuliaR - do you know how many Aussies are attending AT6? Is it going to be a record number this year?
                        There are 10 of you this time.

Mumsey
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

For AT5, I stayed at the ibis which was about a 10min walk from the Ren on Bath Rd. I'd pass a McDonald's and the Radisson on the way to the Ren.

Comment

Well, I think I'm giving up on staying in London. Everything listed, so far, doesn't include VAT and has a no cancellation policy for the very small lower rate. Sooooo... I'm planning on looking outside of London but with in a short train ride (less than 30min). Right now I'm looking at St. Alban's. I had planned on going there Roman stuff and a Cathedral. Rates are very reasonable and there are some nice guest houses. So we will see.

Comment

Home from FanExpo ... it's no GABIT, but Amanda is as amazingly awesome as ever!

I took the girls (ages 16 and 13) to meet her in the auto line yesterday. They were really nervous so made me go first. Amanda recognised me, which never gets old I introduced the girls, and the younger one couldn't talk - she could barely get out her name! So Amanda came around and gave them both hugs. As soon as the younger one started breathing again (I told her not to cry ... and she tried so hard that she forgot to breathe ) Then we got a photo ticket for today, and the rest of the evening she gushed about how wonderful Amanda is (I know, not news to us).

This morning I went up to get a second auto (bday gift for a friend who couldn't make the trip) and thanked her for being so great with the girls, and for letting me be part of a first meet, which is a pretty special thing! She remembered the girls, so I got to tell the younger one that Amanda thought she was sweet ... cue more awwwwwwwwing

I also ran into Martin Wood ... well not literally - he was part of the first panel I went to this am, and then he happened to walk past me an hour or so later, so I stepped up and asked if he was allowed to walk around pretending to be no one special He replied that here (as in Toronto?), most people didn't think he was anyone special and I countered with the fact that I wasn't most people! He just nodded LOL! Smart man! So we chatted for a few minutes, and I now have a message for Jumble

Back to Amanda - they tried to cut her q'n'a in half! We're thinking the only reason they let her go on for another 15 min (still at least 5 min shorter than other q'n'as...) was they thought (likely quite rightly) that the room was going to revolt! It wasn't like they had to reset the room - she was literally the final session of the entire event. *shakes head*

So to sum: FE is no GABIT, but Amanda was (as per usual) amazingly awesome!
                              Last edited by ames; 26 August 2012, 08:19 PM.
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                There are 10 of you this time.
                                Mumsey
                                Really? 10 Aussies?? OMG. Hope you guys are ready!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X