GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    I have two colors as well: White and what ever color is lighter than that!
    color #fffff
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Hey, I have an entire winter between now and November! I will be the whitest one there.
      Challenge accepted. I'm a nightshifter living in a region known for having very little direct sunlight except for a couple weeks in August & September and I work nightshift. I'm usually only a couple shades darker than "see-through." I went to England in February last year and started to get a tan. Bring your A game.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      First time I have ever broken the rules and was that close to being caught.
      You do realize you just admitted to other crimes with that sentence, right?

Comment

EH-T i wish i did. no i just have a shovel with a curved handle on it and i hold it in front of the scooter. i'd like a v shaped mounted to the front and a salt spreader on the back. i could plow the neighborhood and make enough to fly to england.

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post

You do realize you just admitted to other crimes with that sentence, right?

Nooo... but I can see how it could be read that way. I meant that I was that close to being caught and that is was my first time breaking the conditions of my license which are... no driving after 10pm or carrying passengers without a supervisor who has had their full license for 2 years.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            No worries, the secret is to keep moving!
            That's a nice long break. I'll likely just be taking a week off max.
            I have two colours, white and off-white.
            Never heard anyone describe their colour as off white before...is that a Canadian thing??
            That long break includes time at home before & after I return from the trip...I'd like to spend time with the family before Christmas as I'll be working Christmas this year.
            You get that much sun.....????
            That would be blue.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Never heard anyone describe their colour as off white before...is that a Canadian thing??
              I think Chelle needs Canadian winter lesson #1...

Spoiler:
              Don't eat the yellow snow!!

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                I think Chelle needs Canadian winter lesson #1...
                Spoiler:
                Don't eat the yellow snow!!

Got it...never eat yellow snow.
                Spoiler:
                I won't ask what #2 is.

Got together with one of my bestest friends today. We're both going to be in London at the same time so we're plotting & planning things to do for the few days leading up to AT6. We both want to do the Ripper tour so if anyones got that on their calendar, we'd love to join you.
                We're also doing the Eye...her first time so it will be fun! And we're planning on going to Hyde Park, the palace and other stuff.
                It's so exciting!! Yay!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

well poops! got a form to fill out to get a permit to take my scooter on the trains in wales and everything was fine till they said the turning radius was a few inches too much. only the really small scooters have that kind of radius. DANG! oh well, at least i know i can get there by bus. still have to find out if the busses around cardif are accessible. more research. it's gonna take me till november to figure all this out.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                    well poops! got a form to fill out to get a permit to take my scooter on the trains in wales and everything was fine till they said the turning radius was a few inches too much. only the really small scooters have that kind of radius. DANG! oh well, at least i know i can get there by bus. still have to find out if the busses around cardif are accessible. more research. it's gonna take me till november to figure all this out.
                    On the upside, you've got a productive project that'll potentially keep you out of trouble...
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

true and hopefully it will keep me from spending money also. i just found a journey planning site for wales. i'll call them to find out the best ways to get to all the places we want to see there. it would be so much easier if i just rented an accessible van and drove myself. but i'm terrified of getting into a head on collision driving on the other side of the road. i tried it once when my friend and i went to the bahamas and freaked out-made her drive. i could not get used to it, especially when making turns. and there was hardly any traffic there. the thought of driving in traffic and the narrow lanes they have there is too much. i was even a little nervous in the taxi the first few trips...kept wanting to scream at him to get on the right side of the road.

Comment

Sun Dogs???? I assume Sun "Hot" dogs????

You get that much sun.....????

Sun dogs:

A sun dog or sundog, scientific name parhelion (plural parhelia) from Greek ???????? (par?lion), meaning "beside the sun"; from ???? (para), meaning "beside", and ????? (helios), meaning "sun", also called a mock sun[1] or a phantom sun,[2] is an atmospheric phenomenon that creates bright spots of light in the sky, often on a luminous ring or halo on either side of the sun.[3]

Sundogs may appear as a colored patch of light to the left or right of the sun, 22° distant and at the same distance above the horizon as the sun, and in ice halos. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but they are not always obvious or bright. Sundogs are best seen and are most conspicuous when the sun is low.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        That long break includes time at home before & after I return from the trip...I'd like to spend time with the family before Christmas as I'll be working Christmas this year.

That would be blue.
                        Not really a Canadian thing, just my way of explaining that I do not tan much. I don't get brown, just off-white.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Not really a Canadian thing, just my way of explaining that I do not tan much. I don't get brown, just off-white.
                          I've seen pretty photos of those sundog things on LJ before.

And a tan isn't always good, sometimes bits of me look like they're covered in ingrained dirt if I've had too much sun. I blame my dodgy genetics.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                            I've seen pretty photos of those sundog things on LJ before.

And a tan isn't always good, sometimes bits of me look like they're covered in ingrained dirt if I've had too much sun. I blame my dodgy genetics.
                            LOL!

BTW, there wasn't going to be a second Fangirl House so I made a donation to Sanctuary House. Just a reminder to those who were planning to make a further donation that the campaign ends February 14th.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Nice,

I don't know how many blocks are needed to finish it - Julia said the other day on Twitter but it's probs moved by now.

Jill mentioned building a house in honour of RDAs birthday on FaceBook, no clue about that one though

Comment

Sun dogs:

A sun dog or sundog, scientific name parhelion (plural parhelia) from Greek ???????? (par?lion), meaning "beside the sun"; from ???? (para), meaning "beside", and ????? (helios), meaning "sun", also called a mock sun[1] or a phantom sun,[2] is an atmospheric phenomenon that creates bright spots of light in the sky, often on a luminous ring or halo on either side of the sun.[3]

Sundogs may appear as a colored patch of light to the left or right of the sun, 22° distant and at the same distance above the horizon as the sun, and in ice halos. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but they are not always obvious or bright. Sundogs are best seen and are most conspicuous when the sun is low.
                                Maybe you shouldn't look directly at the sun. The dots would probably go away.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X