GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
    hehe. I'm afraid I have photographic evidence, Aunty EH-T, which is hard to argue with. It'd be fun to see you try though. You could blame it on a temporary madness, I suppose... I've heard it's infectious.
    D'oh, realised after that I should have blamed it on a head injury!
    Last edited by EH-T; 07 November 2011, 09:10 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      It's possible that thread might have been funny enough to get me all the way through tonight's family birthday party and all the hijinks likely to ensue. Also, thanks for the reminder... I'm going to blame any embarrassing stories they tell about me on an unremembered head injury.

Comment

Excellent. Now all I have to do is figure out how to do video on my camera, download it to the computer and send it to someone.
        This is me. Technologically savvy I am not. I can do video on the camera and get it onto the computer. However, converting and sending is a whole other thing. lol
        Come play with me elsewhere, too!: Twitter | Tumblr | LJ | Goodreads

Comment

Originally posted by shinaynay View Post
          This is me. Technologically savvy I am not. I can do video on the camera and get it onto the computer. However, converting and sending is a whole other thing. lol
          Omg. I love shiny gadgets and prolly spend way too much on them. If either of you need help with anything just let me know and I'll be around somewhere to help!

I have a friend who calls me up regularly to walk her through the 'basics' of tech questions. The other day I helped her learn how to drag and drop music from her iTunes library to her iTouch. Heh. I was amused but she was ecstatic that she actually learned something new.

Ooh, and Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by shinaynay View Post
            if you need help to convert the files, just tell me!
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
              Oh so that was you!
              I kept getting accused of being the culprit (but not sharing the shots at the ball...I tend to do non-alcoholic versions there)

Isn't the black cherry more of a deep purpley colour though? Hmmm ... definitely need to do some taste-testing *ahem* market research on this one!
              Who was accusing you? I know the Gabit folk were well aware it was me. Black cherry is a very dark red. Couldn't find cherry schapps north of the border though, so ended up with cherry vodka. They were a wee bit strong.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

You totally should have! I think anything weird that went on at AT6 came right down to multiple head injuries. Of course... there were a lot of weird things happening so we would have been a great experiment for science.

I actually vaguely remember what happened now. We were all relaxing near the sofa area on Sunday night and you were trying to convince me to go back to my room but I was feeling very lazy 'cause you needed something from yours (can't remember what, though) and eventually you were just like - "here, go" and you stuck your keycard down my top. It was all very exciting.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                  It was all very exciting.
                  Snerk.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Good grief.

1. But you are pretty ( as well as unique)

2. THAT'S QUITE ENOUGH OF THAT!
                    1. I think I had to grow into my looks. BUT, my mom was an incredible beauty, and I believe she always resented that people saw that and tended to forget that she was extraordinarily intelligent too. She wanted me to grow up not being a slave to what I looked like.

2. I just got badged! First time! *dances*

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    Black cherry. Tis why I brought black cherry flavored shots to TSE.

Spoiler:
                    During my chat with AT, MW and DK, I asked about the jello. All three of them responded black cherry. Mainly due to the dark red color.

Aha! Who knew? (Not a big jello eater here)
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

2. I just got badged! First time! *dances*
                      Me thinks it won't be your last either.

Comment

Did you know that Jell-O is made of gelatin (from the collagen in cow or pig bones, hooves, and connective tissues), water, sugar or artificial sweetener and artificial flavors, and food coloring.

Makes you want to not eat it any more?
                        sigpic

Comment

I reackon if you knew half of what went into our foods we eat, we'd all be very hungry or be growing our own vegetables & meat. You know what goes into a Spotted Dick right?
                          Gives the term "food for thought" a new meaning.

Oh btw, ames, I got some blue jelly today but they're out of stock of the other two blue flavours so Berry Blue it is. For now.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            Who was accusing you? I know the Gabit folk were well aware it was me. Black cherry is a very dark red. Couldn't find cherry schapps north of the border though, so ended up with cherry vodka. They were a wee bit strong.
                            Not the Gabit folk - other attendees. For some inexplicable reason, I'm associated with jello-based activities. *observe tongue planted firmly in cheek during previous statement* Including one that happened at an event I sadly was unable to attend, which I think is pretty darned talented of me

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Did you know that Jell-O is made of gelatin (from the collagen in cow or pig bones, hooves, and connective tissues), water, sugar or artificial sweetener and artificial flavors, and food coloring.

I did, and yet bluey goodness remains a(n admittedly infrequent) pleasure. Of course, part of the reason I love bluey goodness is the flavour ('blue raspberry' has been a fav of mine since I was a wee kidlet), and the (larger) part is the fact that it stains my tongue blue

Jello also works quite well as a hair dye, if your hair is light enough to begin with ... although it does make your head itchy if you leave it on too long I turned a few heads when I went pink during my blonde phase (Yes, I was blonde for the last half of my senior year in high school. No really, blonde blonde. As in very blonde. Yes there is pictoral evidence, if you ask nicely/look hard enough. I'm actually semi-contemplating doing the blonde again for next November... we'll see.)
                            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                            ames on facebook
                            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              I reackon if you knew half of what went into our foods we eat, we'd all be very hungry or be growing our own vegetables & meat. You know what goes into a Spotted Dick right?

Oh btw, ames, I got some blue jelly today but they're out of stock of the other two blue flavours so Berry Blue it is. For now.
                              Oh, there a few dishes that I try to not think about what's in them, and just enjoy them instead. Haggis pops immediately to mind!
                              Oooooooooooh yay! So you have 3 different blues? I must do a taste-test comparison! LOL *huge hugs* Thanks hon! *bounces*
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

I've heard all the horror stories. I try to balance those out with the flip side which certainly helps the jello slide down a bit easier.

Yes, it can be healthy, too!

Comment

Working...
                                X