No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can't believe it's only 60 days till i leave to cross the puddle. haven't made plane reservations yet. better get all my train travel info straightened out. time is just flying. trying to be a cheap santa this year so i'll have some spending cash for the auction.

Comment

AT5 attendees
      SamJackShipLover (Annelies) + Flow - Holland
      Celandine/Brenda - USA
      LeeFraser - Alison - UK
      2Shy/Sanna - Sweden (But really Ã…land)
      EH-T- land of moose and beaver
      Scythe - Jen - UK
      antoa - land of unemployment (for now)
      Hannah (Tittamiire) - UK and my own planet
      Julia (samcarterrules) - Scotland
      Donna (Julia's carer) - Scotland
      Doris (Julia's carer) - Scotland
      PengYn - land of shiny hair and hug-me eyes
      Andrea (Andy) - Germany
      Laurie (llp) - Pacific North West
      ames / bluejelloqueen - Crazy Canuck (like there's really any other kind, eh? LOL)
      Chloe aka Prelsey_carter (Australia, but will be in Vancouver at that time)
      elephantgirl - weird Belgian that used to call Chicago home
      Donamac/Dona - another Pacific Northwester (love that rainy weather)
      Claire (clairec007) - Scotland
      Fresh Horse - Eureka!
      Wendy - m_wendy_r -- UK!
      Tesla_Twin / Cynthia - Switzerland (country of chocolates and mountains and lake!)
      ShimmeringStar - US
      Nat - halfbloodme - + Kazzie + Kerry - UK
      Isabelle (Oris) - France (AT.... ♥)
      CJM - New Zealand
      Suse (suse2301 or suse_germany) - Germany
      Franny - Ireland / Germany
      Susanne - Germany
      Neep/Eileen - New Zealand
      XFchemist (Silvia) - Italy
      Devilish Me (Irena) - Serbia
      Jumble - UK
      Josiane - UK
      Sarai - UK
      Cags - UK
      MoB- Brooklyn
      lame moose (mocha)-chicagoland-land of chicago bears, but no moose
      trindajae - oregon
      Len - Canada
      penjab (Jill)
      tsaxlady
      babancat
      mamasue9 (*fingers crossed*) USA

AT5 cocktail party attendees
      Celandine / Brenda
      Neep / Eileen
      MoB / Jennifer
      SamJackShipLover / Annelies
      lame moose (mocha)
      ShimmeringStar
      tsaxlady
      babancat

Dinner @ Anderson's, Surrey
      Wednesday 9th February
      Sarai
      Jumble
      Josi
      Cags
      Wendy
      MoB (can do 14th but not 9th)
      Laurie (LLP)

Jack the Ripper Walk - Wednesday 9th February
      http://www.jacktheripperwalk.com/index2.html
      Cel/Brenda
      Neep/Eileen
      Susanne
      Franzi (Fron)
      Len
      MoB

Musical! Thursday 10th February
      NZNeep/Eileen
      Cel/Brenda
      MidwifeOnBoard/Jennifer
      Flow
      Susanne
      Len
      Ames
      EH-T
      Franzi
      SamJackShipLover (Annelies)

Dinner! Thursday 10th February - location to be decided then
      penjab (Jill)
      mamasue9 (Sue)

We're getting closer to the date so thought to bring this down for anyone who might still be interested in adding their name to any of the lists.

Also, for those who attended the musical last year, what kind of price did you pay for your ticket (if you don't mind airing it here)? And how far back were you sitting?

Our plan was to hit Leicester Square for tickets the day of the performance and see what deals we could get, but I might have found a site that could get us a good group discount for Mamma Mia! so wondered if it might be the better way of doing things.

Comment

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaancing Queen!
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Me and EH-T bought the tickets last year, but I don't even remember. Maybe 30 GBP? We were sitting in 2 groups, maybe row 10 and 13??? I'm not really sure.
          I do remember it was a little difficult finding a musical, for a reasonable price that had good & enough seats available. We would've liked to go to the Lion King, but they don't discount.

I'm fine with any musical at any price others are willing to pay I loooove ABBA music, so Mamma Mia would be gooood!
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was there with you, remember? Lion King would have been awesome, indeed.

I asked Neep earlier and she couldnt remember either. She thought it was around the same price you're quoting though. I emailed the ticket office about the group booking to see if they could accommodate all of us sitting together at the same price. For your info, it was 44GBP each. Might be a bit steep, but it's ABBA! If this doesnt work out, we'll go back to our original plan.

Srsly, I'm open for anything really. It'll be a fun night out together regardless of what we see.

Comment

Just a thought - pre-booking your theatre tickets will eliminate the possibility of people deciding at the last minute that they could go after all...

Just sayin'

Comment

Nothing is definite with the booking. I would hope people would be starting to tighten up their plans though at this stage. Even having a general idea and putting their name on the list would be fine. I've only got 8 wks before I leave as my holiday begins early. After that, I hope the list of those going to the musical would be set as I'll be gathering emails from everyone before I leave.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Well, thank goodness I mentioned it so I will now get multiple boxes!

I am willing to take any language lessons necessary in order to obtain chocolate. Anything for chocolate!
                  Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Anything

I thought afterwards that was probably a dangerous thing to say with this crowd.
                  Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  *coff* highland dancing costume?
                  Mine no longer fits (I did stop when I was in grade 6 after all).
                  LMAO! Oh, this could turn into something very interesting. I say; never underestimate a woman's desire to get her hands on some fine chocolate.
                  But I'll give you a hint on the pronunciation on Fazer, it's not faser as in "Set your fasers to stun."

Oh, I'm going to try and book my flight this weekend, yay!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    Do you want the chocolate or not? Squeeze!
                    Depends, do you have something to offer that is as good as a Faser mint?

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    Me and EH-T bought the tickets last year, but I don't even remember. Maybe 30 GBP? We were sitting in 2 groups, maybe row 10 and 13??? I'm not really sure.
                    I do remember it was a little difficult finding a musical, for a reasonable price that had good & enough seats available. We would've liked to go to the Lion King, but they don't discount.

I'm fine with any musical at any price others are willing to pay I loooove ABBA music, so Mamma Mia would be gooood!
                    I think that price is about right.

I'm fine with Mamma Mia or just getting tickets on the day.

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                    LMAO! Oh, this could turn into something very interesting. I say; never underestimate a woman's desire to get her hands on some fine chocolate.
                    But I'll give you a hint on the pronunciation on Fazer, it's not faser as in "Set your fasers to stun."

Oh, I'm going to try and book my flight this weekend, yay!

Hmmm...beginning to regret saying anything.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

If anyone is interested, emails were sent out by Gabit last night advising that t-shirts, hoodies, fleeces were now available to order for AT5 - deadline for orders is 20 December. Alternatively, you can head to the new Gabit shop at: http://gabitevents.com/cart/

Comment

You know you can get those Faser mints on Amazon, right? or many other places...just google Faser mint.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
                          You know you can get those Faser mints on Amazon, right? or many other places...just google Faser mint.
                          I didn't know that. Thanks. However, I think it is way more fun to go all the way to London to get them from someone who is bringing them from Ã…land by way of Sweden!

Comment

There is a tweet on the S4K website that is by someone who says they will meet donations by Dec 31st dollar for dollar up to $10K. Just sayin'....

Comment

There is a tweet on the S4K website that is by someone who says they will meet donations by Dec 31st dollar for dollar up to $10K. Just sayin'....
                              Now EH-T, when did you get a Twitter account!

Srsly, it's very generous of whomever it might be and keeping with the spirit of the Season.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Now EH-T, when did you get a Twitter account!

Srsly, it's very generous of whomever it might be and keeping with the spirit of the Season.
                                S4K has a twitter feed on their website. I assume that is where she saw it (since she mentioned the site)

And I agree, very generous.

Comment

Working...
                                X