No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 days till take off. tempted to pull out the ladder to climb up and get my luggage, but have to be patient until one of my neighbors is foolish enough to walk by my garage while i'm out there. i'll snatch some tall guy as he walks by. we have good neighbors here.
    this heat wave stinks. i was pulling weeds all day yesterday - 91 degrees with 95 f heat index. i don't know what made me get started doing that. today i worked in the garage with a 97f heat index. had every fan i own going-didn't help. but i have to finish something before i take off. i'm ready for winter(or at least fall).
    Last edited by lame moose (mocha); 06 July 2010, 09:20 PM. Reason: brain fart

Comment

We do have PG Tips avail over here too. Most restaurants around here serve Tetley as their 'regular' tea. The only place I used to see Red Rose on a regular basis was at my grandmother's table, come to think of it. *shrug* Probably just a regional variance thingy.
      I happen to enjoy the breakfast teas - but then again, I didn't really start drinking tea until I discovered I was moving to England, so am a relatively late starter to this field of enjoyment/relaxation
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
        We do have PG Tips avail over here too. Most restaurants around here serve Tetley as their 'regular' tea. The only place I used to see Red Rose on a regular basis was at my grandmother's table, come to think of it. *shrug* Probably just a regional variance thingy.
        I happen to enjoy the breakfast teas - but then again, I didn't really start drinking tea until I discovered I was moving to England, so am a relatively late starter to this field of enjoyment/relaxation
        Whistler is red Rose city, and the tetley I saw in BC at least was orange Pekoe tetley which isn't the same as the stuff we have here. The starbucks awake is about as good as it gets but I haven't really done ga ga over that ever.

Hugs Becks

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
          No. The "normal" tea is orange pekoe ( red rose), which isn't the same and the "breakfast" teas tend to be this weak and weedy stuff.[shudder]

I likes my proper Tetley thank you very much. I take my own.

Becks
          From my standpoint (USA) I have to agree. I have one grocery store that has Tetley and it is the only brand I like. Nothing like some good English Breakfast tea in the morning to get you up and going.
          sigpic

Comment

*adds Tea Bags onto the end of her packing list*
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
              No. The "normal" tea is orange pekoe ( red rose), which isn't the same and the "breakfast" teas tend to be this weak and weedy stuff.[shudder]
              I likes my proper Tetley thank you very much. I take my own.
              Becks
              Originally posted by llp View Post
              From my standpoint (USA) I have to agree. I have one grocery store that has Tetley and it is the only brand I like. Nothing like some good English Breakfast tea in the morning to get you up and going.
              We have three brands of tea we like in our house - Tetley, Lipton's and Twinings.
              I only drink Twinings Earl Grey tea while hubby prefers either the Lipton or Tetley tea. I adore coffee but it makes me ill so I stick to one cup of coffee a day...any more and I feel the effects.
              I remember when I was in Germany, I asked my auntie for a cup of tea...with auntie being English and all...but she only had black leaf tea. So when we went shopping at Rewe I found a box of Twinings Earl Grey - kept me happy for my entire stay in Germany!! If I wasn't drinking the fresh coffee in the morning at the bakery, I was drinking tea...or Alt beer! Of course I still can't live that down with my brothers...travel half way around the world to drink Twinings tea. But it tastes soooo good!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I've enjoyed my fair share of teas over the years. We actually have in our pantry at the moment various Lipton, Tetley (billed as a premium British black tea...if there is any truth in that) and even a Bigelow Earl Grey which I fell in love with. I even have a tea ball somewhere around here yet I think. Right now, drinking hot tea is blah though. I've lately just been throwing the bags into a jug of cold water and setting it outside to make sun tea. So much better drinking it over ice in this blasted heat.

Comment

Is there any room in someone's suitcase for some PG tips for me? Just chuck them to Cel and she can bring them to me in NZ. I would love you forever! Oh, the memories it would bring back

ETA I still have some Tetley earl grey from November Saving it. Nom.
                  Last edited by NZNeep; 07 July 2010, 05:06 AM.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    Is there any room in someone's suitcase for some PG tips for me? Just chuck them to Cel and she can bring them to me in NZ. I would love you forever! Oh, the memories it would bring back

I know we don't sell that brand around here, but if Vancouver has it I'll hunt it down for you. Just one more lil' care pkg I'll be adding to the pile.

Comment

Do you not get Tetley tea in NZ? Would you like me to bring some over?
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

wait, just did some searching and found a place I can get PG tips in NZ! Yusss! I need to go on a mission to get them, and check out the one shop that sells the burt's bees lip gloss Sky was talking about the other day. Heh, anything else foreign I should be hunting down?

No Tetley's though. Chelle, that would be awesome Thanks!

ETA... just went to to cupboard... my Tetley vanilla earl grey is gone!

ETA (again) OK, stop panicking! Found it. Still have half a box. Sweet.
                        Last edited by NZNeep; 07 July 2010, 05:57 AM.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                          It's got freezer burn.

Except right now. You're part of this wonderful heat wave too aren't you?
                          *crawls out from the A/C* Yep we are swealtering here tooo ...as they say, it's not the heat it's the humidity

*crawls back to the A/C*
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

No Tetley's though. Chelle, that would be awesome Thanks!
                            Coolies! Will get some Tetley tea for you Neeplet - only Earl Grey or other varieties as well? Better check that I'm allowed to bring it through customs...crap...forgot about that.
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              Coolies! Will get some Tetley tea for you Neeplet - only Earl Grey or other varieties as well? Better check that I'm allowed to bring it through customs...crap...forgot about that.
                              Hide it in your checked bags...?

Seriously though, are your restrictions over there more enforced? I know with my journeys overseas to England, I've brought candy, jello and even peanut butter with nary a problem. Let me know, cos I have some foodstuff from the States I'm bringing that needs to make it to you all.

Comment

They are very strictly enforced coming into NZ. Screw up and you get an instant fine. Stick an apple in your bag to eat on the plane and forget about it? $250. Declare *everything*. Any kind of food or drink, anything plant or animal based.

http://www.customs.govt.nz/traveller...ts/default.htm
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X