Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually have a serious question ...Does Michael Shanks smoke?
    gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      Go for coach. The tax implications of choosing business would be murder as they charge you full fare. Ouch! (You had to read the news about the guy who won all these trips on American Airlines as the taxes on the 'win' were horrendous)

Yes, Nathan. The tax man cometh...no, he came! You had to pay the bill in April, right?
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Taxes? What taxes?
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

I just have to say that I am so envious of you! LoL.. Now to the questions.

Not so much is said about Joe (Flanigan) on the way he is off camera. What kind of guy is he? Also, is Rachel as nice in person as she seems?

Thanks for taking your time to answer this!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          MCKAY: But, why wait? Why does this guy show up a day and a half after this all starts to do his whole "Prepare to meet your doom" thing?

SAM: I don't know. Maybe he wanted to make sure it was gonna work.

MCKAY: Yeah, that WOULD be embarrasing, wouldn't it? -- "Nothing can stop the destruction That I bring upon you!" Then the gate shuts down. "Oops, sorry. Nevermind ..."

~ Never turn your back on tomorrow.. Yesterdays ok though ~

Adopt your favorite SG-1 or Atlantis character here

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
            I'm not quite sure how the conversation started, but I told him that I was certified in child care. He asked if everyone from Wisconsin had to be certified. I told him no. I just did it to reassure the parents of the kids that I used to babysit that if something happened, I would be able to take care of it. I was trained in giving CPR and the Heimlich (sp) manuver to children, was taught proper techniques to deal with good and bad behavior, how to insure proper nutrition, things like that.

No the kids were not on set that I know of. If I remeber right, he said his wife was home watching them.
            I actually took a class to babysit and learned those things. My aunt sent me there so I could baby sit her kids. I did it once and realised I hated putting up with annoying kids so I havnt done it since. lol.

Comment

Hi Nate! *waves hands over head* Fellow Cheesehead here.
              Wausau, huh? I have family there. I'm several hours SE of you in Racine (S of Milwaukee). How totally awesome that a Wisconsinite won the sweepstakes last year. What do you think the odds are for another one to win it this year? lol

I'd like to ask a couple of questions about Michael if I could. I know you're being bombarded with questions, but if you could help out a fellow Cheesehead... Please. Pretty please. Go Pack Go!

Okay, so... how much did you actually get to talk with MS? I heard he smokes, do you know what brand? Is he really as nice as everyone says? Did you get to see any of the scenes he was in? What was it like? What was he like? I'd like to know everything you can remember/tell about him.

Sorry. That's more than a couple of questions, but... anything you could tell would be wonderful.

*looks around at others here*
              What? Who's a Hussy? Shoo!

Thanks Nate!

~GW (not jealous at all )
              (and living vicariously)

~ I have a LiveJournal !. ~

Comment

Hi Nathan, when you where there , did you get any ones email address?

Maybe you could email them and find out how you can join in as a cast of sg1. You are a young man, why don't you move over there and try your luck at acting.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                  I actually have a serious question ...Does Michael Shanks smoke?

Yes, so does Chris Judge. Or at least they did while I was there. They may have quit now for all I know.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by UnSheDxTeaRs
                    I just have to say that I am so envious of you! LoL.. Now to the questions.

Not so much is said about Joe (Flanigan) on the way he is off camera. What kind of guy is he? Also, is Rachel as nice in person as she seems?

Thanks for taking your time to answer this!
                    Joe was acting like a normal person off-camera. He wasn't really playing around like he did on the Lowdown. Not that I saw, anyway. Most of the time I was around him was on camera, and during his fight scene practice. Other than that, I talked with him some inbetween takes, and he seemed just like a normal guy. (Not that he's not a normal guy...)

Rachel was very nice. We got to watch her practice her fighting sequence too, and I think she could kick Joe's butt pretty easily. I think she found Greg and me a little strange or something, but she was smiling and polite. (And quite attractive too!)

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by GateWarrior
                      Hi Nate! *waves hands over head* Fellow Cheesehead here.
                      Wausau, huh? I have family there. I'm several hours SE of you in Racine (S of Milwaukee). How totally awesome that a Wisconsinite won the sweepstakes last year. What do you think the odds are for another one to win it this year? lol

I'd like to ask a couple of questions about Michael if I could. I know you're being bombarded with questions, but if you could help out a fellow Cheesehead... Please. Pretty please. Go Pack Go!

Okay, so... how much did you actually get to talk with MS? I heard he smokes, do you know what brand? Is he really as nice as everyone says? Did you get to see any of the scenes he was in? What was it like? What was he like? I'd like to know everything you can remember/tell about him.

Sorry. That's more than a couple of questions, but... anything you could tell would be wonderful.

*looks around at others here*
                      What? Who's a Hussy? Shoo!

Thanks Nate!

~GW (not jealous at all )
                      (and living vicariously)

Hi fellow cheesehead! *Waves back*

I wonder if I know any of your family?

I'd have to say the odds are pretty good because the "Big Cheeses" (pun intended) on the show are Packer fans! (Some of them, anyway)

In reality I'd say the contest will be even bigger this year, so it'll be a pretty slim chance for anyone anywhere. I bet they'll get over a million entries this time. I know I am definately entering again, though I doubt they'd let me win again. I haven't read the rules about that yet. What a great thing it would be to go back up there, and be on the show again. Maybe they'd keep me this time. lol

You said the magic words...Go Pack Go! So I will do my best to answer your questions.

I only talked to Michael for a short time. I think he had plans or something because he rushed off right after his scene. Might have been to do something for the Lowdown, I don't really know though.

I didn't see what brand he smokes, no. I have a guess, but I think I'll keep it to myself.

He is a really nice guy. He has a very pleasant demeanor and smiles a lot. I would have liked to sit down and talk with him, and everyone else for that matter, and maybe had a meal with him, or a drink.

I did get to watch his scene. (He only did one while I was there) It was the part where he and Teal'c were hiding by the sand dune close to the end when the Jaffa were surrounding the Puddle Jumper. I was standing just off-camera to their right.

It was really cool to watch him and Chris in action. They joked around a lot. Chris has almost a perpetual smile going, and the two of them together muliplies that. It seemed to me that they were really good friends.

Ummm...what else can I say about him? That was about all I saw of him. He's a great guy, and a great actor!

I hope that was helpful!

Go Pack!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                        Hi Nathan, when you where there , did you get any ones email address?

Maybe you could email them and find out how you can join in as a cast of sg1. You are a young man, why don't you move over there and try your luck at acting.
                        As a matter of fact, I do have some e-mail addresses, but I think I'll keep who's they are to myself. I've already recieved a couple e-mails back from some of the actors.

I'm actually moving to Miami shortly. Who knows though, maybe someday a move to Vancouver will be in my future. I would really like to do some more on the shows, even if it was just being in the backrounds.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I do have some e-mail addresses, but I think I'll keep who's they are to myself. I've already recieved a couple e-mails back from some of the actors.

I'm actually moving to Miami shortly. Who knows though, maybe someday a move to Vancouver will be in my future. I would really like to do some more on the shows, even if it was just being in the backrounds.
                          You're the most luckiest person I know...

Comment

Originally posted by Hotshot
                            You're the most luckiest person I know...

Don't forget, the contest has started again. Everybody make sure to sign up for it!

Maybe you could be the most luckiest person you know!

Comment

Nathan , can you enter the contest again. Or since you have won, you are not allowed to.

Comment

Don't forget, the contest has started again. Everybody make sure to sign up for it!

Maybe you could be the most luckiest person you know!
                                I'm not 18 yet so I can't enter myself. I'll have to enter someone I know that is over 18. But everyone I know over 18 isn't interested in Stargate. But at least I'll be able to come along as a guest right?

EDIT: The entry regulations and stuff also seems to mention that there will be more than one winner. They keep saying "winners". If I enter the contest using a parent, do you think they will let me be on the show or will my parent have to do it?
                                Last edited by Hotshot; 15 July 2005, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X