This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briguy213
    Did they pay you to work? WHy did you need a work permit?

No, they didn't pay me. Being there was payment enough though..

It's just Canadian law, I guess. You have to have a work permit to be on there. I couldn't believe how much they cost. Their permits are ten times what they cost here.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

This is sooooooo cool. Thank you for starting this thread Hats and Nathan for answering all the questions.

You probably could not tell I am an RDA fan , but I am, so could you tell me a little bit more about your talk/time with him. Thanks.
      sigpic

Comment

Ya, This is a great Thread and I'm loving reading it. I was wondering if it would be possible to post any of the pictures that you've taken with the cast. It'd be cool to see them.

Maybe you could describe Amanda's Kiss in more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
          This is sooooooo cool. Thank you for starting this thread Hats and Nathan for answering all the questions.

You probably could not tell I am an RDA fan , but I am, so could you tell me a little bit more about your talk/time with him. Thanks.

You're...an RDA fan??? lol.

There's not a whole lot to tell. I didn't get to spend much time with him. They were trying to rush us back to the hotel.

Let's see. He was riding an old bike around the parking lot of the desert location. We walked up to him and explained who we were. He shook our hands. We talked about the show, and about MacGyver. He said he had a flight back to L.A. but would wait for me to finish my scene so we could talk to him some more. When I finished that, Greg and I went to go find him again. He was still riding around on the bike. He said he missed his flight, and I like to pretend is was just to talk to me more, lol. We talked about Wausau for a bit. I nudged Greg into pulling out the roll of duct tape which Rick gladly signed. He thought that was pretty clever, although he said that it wasn't the first time someone had done something like that. I got my picture taken with him. And that was about it. Then they started rushing us off again.

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamas
            Ya, This is a great Thread and I'm loving reading it. I was wondering if it would be possible to post any of the pictures that you've taken with the cast. It'd be cool to see them.

Maybe you could describe Amanda's Kiss in more detail.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to post any of the pics anywhere on the internet.

More detail...you're not her husband, are you? lol

I don't know what more I could say about it. She gave me a kiss on the cheek. No not that cheek, the one on my face. Geez. lol Ummm...I would rather have had it on the lips, but I'd take whatever I could get. It was nice. And the hug, wow. To have that woman pressed up against my body was pure heaven.

Comment

Nathan; thanks so much for the RDA scoop.

Did you get to see the crappy building where the visual effects people work. How about Bruce Woloshyn; did you get to meet him?

Was there a restriction on the pictures you were allowed to take?
              sigpic

Comment

There is no way I'm not entering that contest. If I won that it would just make my life. WOW. I wish I were you so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O man you are the luckiest person I know. GOSH!!! I wouldnt even care about being in the show. I would be happy just watching them do their thing. Did you pass out or anything when you found out you won?

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                  Nathan; thanks so much for the RDA scoop.

Did you get to see the crappy building where the visual effects people work. How about Bruce Woloshyn; did you get to meet him?

Was there a restriction on the pictures you were allowed to take?
                  No problem!

Yes, saw the building. Yes met Bruce, I'm pretty sure anyway...

The only restriction on the photos I could take was in Dr. Jackson's lab/room. I'm not sure why seeing as how I'm not allowed to post any pics anyway, but yeah. That was a no no. Other than that, I got pictures of pretty much everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
                    There is no way I'm not entering that contest. If I won that it would just make my life. WOW. I wish I were you so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O man you are the luckiest person I know. GOSH!!! I wouldnt even care about being in the show. I would be happy just watching them do their thing. Did you pass out or anything when you found out you won?

LOL!

No I didn't pass out. I did think it was one of my friends messing with me though. My parents thought it was someone trying to sell me a timeshare when I told them about it. My friends had a hard time believing it until SciFi sent me some paperwork about it.

Comment

Wow Nathan, you're up late! Hey, did you sleep at all while you were there?
                      gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                        Wow Nathan, you're up late! Hey, did you sleep at all while you were there?

I got a couple of hours in each night, but for the most part, not really. It was very difficult to get out of bed for the Atlantis shoot. I think it took me at least an hour to wake up completely when I got there. It didn't help much sitting in a chair and getting my hair done either. That sort of thing puts me to sleep. (Fingers running through my hair.)

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
                          I got a couple of hours in each night, but for the most part, not really. It was very difficult to get out of bed for the Atlantis shoot. I think it took me at least an hour to wake up completely when I got there. It didn't help much sitting in a chair and getting my hair done either. That sort of thing puts me to sleep. (Fingers running through my hair.)
                          I guess that's the day you had to be there at 6 AM? I think being on set would have woken up even me, the one who doesn't wake up from an alarm clock so loud that she will probably be deaf from it when she's older.

By the way, did you get a response from Rainbow? It looks like he hasn't been on for a few days, so you might try sending him an email.
                          gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                            I guess that's the day you had to be there at 6 AM? I think being on set would have woken up even me, the one who doesn't wake up from an alarm clock so loud that she will probably be deaf from it when she's older.

By the way, did you get a response from Rainbow? It looks like he hasn't been on for a few days, so you might try sending him an email.
                            Yes, that was my 6 am wake up call, lol. I'm the opposite of you, in that regard. I wake up if someone drops a pin. lol

No response yet. Maybe I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Hello Nate!
                              Can you tell us if you were restricted to the use of your camera or video tapping on the set?
                              If you were allowed to take pictures......how many did you take?
                              What souvenirs were you allowed to bring home with you?
                              I know you had a great time and thanks for sharing your personal info with us.
                              Other than the difficulty of receiving your autographed photos, were you happy with the whole experience?
                              What character would you have chosen to play in either show? Thanks for taking the time to talk to all of us and share your experiences.

Comment

Okay, no one else has asked this question, so I'm going to:

You mentioned something about being asked to babysit Joe's kids, and I want to know what led up to that? Were the kids on-set or something? I keep trying to picture this conversation and I have a feeling I'm probably missing something.

Thanks in advance!
                                "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Working...
                                X