This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BloomGate
    Tell us more about Amanda!!!! She's from England originally, does she speak with any kind of accent off screen than how she speaks on screen? Is she as amazing in person? Were you tongue tied when with her in person? (like I would probably be ) Did you feint when she kissed you? I'm guessing the kiss was on the cheek, but please clarify.

Tell us anything more about meeting her that you can recall please!!!!!
    She speaks with a slight Canadian accent, same as on the show. I wasn't tongue tied, but it was difficult to think of what I wanted to say to her. I think I was awe-struck by her beauty and wonderful personality. If she would have asked me to run way with her, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. There's just something about her that is so....I don't know that I can even descibe it. She's just...perfect. No, I didn't feint, although I did turn very red. And yes, it was a kiss on the cheek. There was a split second when she was leaning in to give me the kiss that I thought about turning my head to get one on the lips, but she's married and I didn't want to do anything to jeapordize my prize.

I did manage to slip her some roofie flavored Jell-O, and made it all the way to the airport with her, but the security guards weren't too happy with me when they x-rayed my bag and found her in it...lol

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      Hi, Nate! Those of us at F.O.R.D. would like to hear everything about your interactions with Rainbow. Don't leave out any details!
      I don't know if I can tell you everything, but I'll give you a little something.

Rainbow is a really hyper, fun, funny, bouncing bundle of energy. He was really cool! I was surprized at the time to learn he was younger than me. He's into video games, and a lot of the same stuff as me. He bummed a couple smokes off me. He tried running up the side of a truck while Joe and Rachel were practicing their fighting choreography outside. He gave me his "sidearm" while we were inbetween takes and I lifted it over my head and screamed something like, "You'll never make me leave! I'm taking over this set!" There were a couple of worried people until we started laughing, and then they got that it was a joke. I was complimented by some of the cast on my acting ability during that little episode, and I think that may be why Martin put me in another scene. We talked about his days as a VJ, and some sock character that was coming to the set to interview the actors. We talked about swag, but I won't go any further into that. At the end of the day when we were heading out, Rainbow came up and said that he would distract one of the crew so that Greg and I could walk off with some of the props. He told the girl that he needed a special prop for a scene that was way in the back of the truck and while they were back there, Greg and I were grabbing P-90's and other guns and shoving them in our shirts. We were waiting for them to turn back around and have a good laugh, and then we would put them back, but I kind of think Rainbow was serious because he wouldn't let her turn around. lol

We did put the props back eventually.

I think out of everyone there, he was the easiest to get along with, not that the other actors weren't, but he was...more like us. Ummm...Can't think of how I can say what I mean by that....he was the type of guy that if he had grown up around here, we would have hung out a lot. I'd really like to get a hold of him sometime, and maybe play some games online with him, or something.

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
        Originally Posted by N8ball88
        Hmmm...interesting questions you ask. Have you read something somewhere else about this?.
        Hmmm...Nope.
        Thanks , Nathan. Good night.
        Are you quite sure about that, Hatusu? Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell us, hmmm?

My question:

Was there something, anything about your experience on the sets that surprised you or that was totaly unexpected?

I'm really enjoying this thread. Glad to hear firsthand from someone who was there. Thanks for taking the time.
        Last edited by Sela; 10 July 2005, 12:47 PM.
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
          Are you quite sure about that, Hatusu? Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell us, hmmm?

My question:

Was there something, anything about your experience on the sets that surprised you or that was totaly unexpected?

I'm really enjoying this thread. Glad to hear firsthand from someone who was there. Thanks for taking the time.

Hmmm...they let me drive the M.A.L.P. They were going to have the SFX guys rig a bomb up to it that would blow as soon as I touched it to see the reaction in my face, but they couldn't get it cleared. Those things are really expensive.

They let Greg and me blow up a bunch of stuff.

Amanda coming back and Rick staying both were surprising.

Everyone being as nice as they were was surprising. I guess I kind of expected some of them to not give me the time of day, but they were all really great!

Everyone swearing and telling dirty jokes as much as they did surprised me.

Joe asking me to babysit his kids was unexpected.

Hmmm...that's all I can think of right now, but if I come up with more, I'll let you know.

And, you are quite welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
            I think out of everyone there, he was the easiest to get along with, not that the other actors weren't, but he was...more like us. Ummm...Can't think of how I can say what I mean by that....he was the type of guy that if he had grown up around here, we would have hung out a lot. I'd really like to get a hold of him sometime, and maybe play some games online with him, or something.
            You know, he is member here...
            http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?userid=7379
            You could try to PM him or email him.

Exactly what I wanted to say...sounds like you and Greg had an amazing time.
            gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

I'm not hiding, Sela. This is Nathan's thread.

Nathan, I love your answers! So did you babysit Joe's kids? Did you get acquainted with any dogs on the set?
              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
                Hmmm...they let me drive the M.A.L.P. They were going to have the SFX guys rig a bomb up to it that would blow as soon as I touched it to see the reaction in my face, but they couldn't get it cleared. Those things are really expensive.
                Oh, those hilarious SFX guys and their goofy hijinks.
                "Come on, Clyde, let's scare the contest winner completely out of his mind, it'll be such a riot! You know you wanna!!"

Comment

Did you get acquainted with any dogs on the set?

Wow, there are dogs on the set?! That would be cool--I hate leaving my puppy when I have to got work.

Anyway, questions for Nathan:

When exactly were you in Vancouver and how did you like the area? Did you get to see much of the city? How was the weather (obviously sunny or you wouldn't have gotten a sunburn *see! it doesn't rain all the time!*, but was it that way the whole time)? What did Greg do while you were filming?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                    You know, he is member here...
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?userid=7379
                    You could try to PM him or email him.

Exactly what I wanted to say...sounds like you and Greg had an amazing time.
                    Thank you for posting that! I didn't know he posted here. I sent him a PM, let's see if he responds...

Comment

I'm not hiding, Sela. This is Nathan's thread.

Nathan, I love your answers! So did you babysit Joe's kids? Did you get acquainted with any dogs on the set?

No, I didn't babysit Joe's kids. That would have been interesting though. Who knows, maybe if I would have stayed up there I would have.

I did play with a couple of very beautiful dogs while I was up there, but I don't know who they belonged to. They had some funny signs about picking up after your dogs, I wonder if I got any pics of that??? I can't remember what the signs said off-hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                        Oh, those hilarious SFX guys and their goofy hijinks.
                        "Come on, Clyde, let's scare the contest winner completely out of his mind, it'll be such a riot! You know you wanna!!"
                        One of them even put some squibs on so that Greg could "shoot" him!

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                          Wow, there are dogs on the set?! That would be cool--I hate leaving my puppy when I have to got work.

Anyway, questions for Nathan:

When exactly were you in Vancouver and how did you like the area? Did you get to see much of the city? How was the weather (obviously sunny or you wouldn't have gotten a sunburn *see! it doesn't rain all the time!*, but was it that way the whole time)? What did Greg do while you were filming?
                          Hmmm...just checked the letter they sent me for it, and that said September 29th through October 1st, but that can't be right because I was there for four days...hmmmm....

I loved Vancouver and Burnaby. Very beautiful places. Greg and I walked around all over the place, taking in as much as we could. The weather was perfect the entire time we were there. Wasn't too hot or too cold, I think we might have gotten sprinkled on a bit, but that was just fine.

Greg mostly just sat back and watched. He wasn't really big on walking up and talking to people.

Comment

Nathan,
                            So how did you get your work Canadian permit?

What was is like to watch the actors act?
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Did they pay you to work? WHy did you need a work permit?

Comment

Nathan,
                                So how did you get your work Canadian permit?

What was is like to watch the actors act?
                                One of the guys in the office got it for me. I have his name at my parents house. It was something like Boris, something very Russian sounding. I'll have to check that the next time I go over there.

It was a really great experience watching them act. I think I liked the stuff inbetween the takes better though. They were all a barrel of laughs. I remember listening to them on the headsets singing something and doing little dances and stuff on Atlantis around the time McKay was doing his, "You guys come in here with your brushcuts" speech. I think I made Torri mess up a couple times. She would be doing a line and look over at me and I'd have a big smile on my face, and then she'd start smiling, then they'd do the scene again. Not that I was trying to make her mess up, I just had permagrin for the majority of my time there.

Comment

Working...
                                X