This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N8ball88
    I'm not quite sure how the conversation started, but I told him that I was certified in child care. He asked if everyone from Wisconsin had to be certified. I told him no. I just did it to reassure the parents of the kids that I used to babysit that if something happened, I would be able to take care of it. I was trained in giving CPR and the Heimlich (sp) manuver to children, was taught proper techniques to deal with good and bad behavior, how to insure proper nutrition, things like that.

No the kids were not on set that I know of. If I remeber right, he said his wife was home watching them.
    Ah, you know if I had kids I'd want you to watch them too.

Thanks for answering!
    "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      Nathan , can you enter the contest again. Or since you have won, you are not allowed to.

Not sure what the rules are on that, but I entered anyway.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotshot
        I'm not 18 yet so I can't enter myself. I'll have to enter someone I know that is over 18. But everyone I know over 18 isn't interested in Stargate. But at least I'll be able to come along as a guest right?

EDIT: The entry regulations and stuff also seems to mention that there will be more than one winner. They keep saying "winners". If I enter the contest using a parent, do you think they will let me be on the show or will my parent have to do it?

You can go as a guest. I think there is only one winner, but I will double check. It might mean the winner and their guest. I think that if you entered your parent, they would get the spot, not you. I could be wrong though...

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoPenguin
          Ah, you know if I had kids I'd want you to watch them too.

Thanks for answering!

Thank you very much for saying that!

Comment

I heard from a friend that Bonnie and I were in a commercial for the next "Get in the Gate" contest, but I haven't seen it yet, so I'll have to take their word for it.

Comment

Hello from Grantsburg, WI, Nathan! Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. I think I remember seeing a 'web page', kind of diary entry thing, from the last person who 'got in the gate', describing her experience. Are you going to do something like that? This thread is almost better than that tho, cause we can actually talk to you and have you respond. And one more question: I know you've said you can't post the pictures you took while on the set. Does that mean you can't post them on a forum, or on the Internet in general? Once again, thanks!
              ~Amanda
              Teenager Wisdom: "There's no such thing as original thought anymore. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, melting them down into a giant melting pot of mediocrity." -Andy Spencer, CITIZEN JOE
              CkiCki

Comment

I heard from a friend that Bonnie and I were in a commercial for the next "Get in the Gate" contest, but I haven't seen it yet, so I'll have to take their word for it.
                No, not a commercial, just a small mention on Gateworld:http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...annualsw.shtml
                ....unless your friend has seen something else.
                Hats
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Are there gonna be more entries this year?

Comment

Nathan. I may have just seen it. It shows the Egyptians up on the sand dune, cheering. Were you there?
                    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Hey Viking fan here but I'll forgive you for being a cheese head if you'll answer my question.

In The Seige Part 2 you were in two scenes. Was that planned or were you original only suppose to be in one? If that was the case then what is the story behind that extra scene?
                      Last edited by GatetheWay; 20 July 2005, 11:17 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by CkiCki
                        Hello from Grantsburg, WI, Nathan! Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. I think I remember seeing a 'web page', kind of diary entry thing, from the last person who 'got in the gate', describing her experience. Are you going to do something like that? This thread is almost better than that tho, cause we can actually talk to you and have you respond. And one more question: I know you've said you can't post the pictures you took while on the set. Does that mean you can't post them on a forum, or on the Internet in general? Once again, thanks!
                        ~Amanda
                        Hello fellow Wisconsinite!

I'm not planning on doing any kind of webpage or anything like that. I did write up a report on it for SciFi, but they did not use it. I like responding to questions here better though.

I can't post the pics on the internet at all, unfortunately.

Your welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                          No, not a commercial, just a small mention on Gateworld:http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...annualsw.shtml
                          ....unless your friend has seen something else.
                          Hats

Greg said he saw a commercial we were in during Atlantis. I still have not verified it though.

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
                            Are there gonna be more entries this year?

I think there will be more entries, but that's just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                              Nathan. I may have just seen it. It shows the Egyptians up on the sand dune, cheering. Were you there?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                                Hey Viking fan here but I'll forgive you for being a cheese head if you'll answer my question.

In The Seige Part 2 you were in two scenes. Was that planned or were you original only suppose to be in one? If that was the case then what is the story behind that extra scene?
                                Don't feel bad about being a Vikings fan, nobody's perfect. lol

Funny you ask. Originally it was just one scene. I was in the balcony scene with the Davids. Quite a bit later in the day Rainbow was fooling around with his sidearm. I asked him if I could see it. I cocked it, raised it above my head, and yelled something like, "You'll never make me leave! I'm taking over this set!" (Not while they were taping though, I don't think they would have liked that very much.) There were a couple people that thought I was serious until Rainbow and I started laughing, and they got that it was a joke. Some of the actors told me I did that very realisticly and had impressed them, and I think that was what got me the additional scene. Right after that Martin asked me if I'd like to be in another scene, and of course I said yes. I'm probably lucky they didn't call security on me and kick me out. It makes for a good story though, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X