This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatusu
    Pye wants to know if you got your gift basket from the Sci Fi channel? I want to know if you got autographed photos.
    I did get the gift basket, but was a little disturbed that quite a bit of the fruit had mold on it and one piece was completely rotten. I didn't let that get me down though. We ate everything else.

I have not recieved my autographed photos yet. I've been in contact with the new promotions coordinater for many months, and she assures me that I will recieve them sometime soon.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
      Is it hard to learn lines for TV? I'm not exactly sure how much actual lines you did : or so - but in any case, are they hard to learn? Do vocal chords tend to freeze up when the director yells action, or does one just hide behind someone used to it and peek out momentarily just to let the audience know you're there or do they come natural .. what?
      I have always found it fairly easy to memorize lines. I did my first play when I was in Kindergarten and never seemed to have a problem with the lines.

My biggest problem on set was that I found it very hard to keep a straight face while filming. I kept smiling and laughing, but that's partly their fault because they kept telling dirty jokes right before they yelled action. lol

My only line was on SG-1 and consisted of, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
        I have just one thing to say... You are a VERY lucky man, Nathan. I kinda envy you...

One, 2 part question: Which stargate actors did you get to meet while you where there, and what was said? (If you don't mind telling us that is... )
        I met Amanda Tapping, Richard Dean Anderson, Christopher Judge, Michael Shanks, Dan Shea, Peter Deluise, Alessandro Juliani, the guy who played Ra's first prime, and a bunch of the backround actors on SG-1. I think that was it, but if I think of more I'll let you know. I wish I had my script here...

On Atlantis I met basically everyone except Paul McGillion. I met Rainbow Sun Francks, David Hewlett, David Nykl, Rachel Luttrell, Joe Flanigan, Torri Higgenson, Craig Veroni, and now we come to the part where I say I wish I had my script here. lol There were many more, but my brain is not functioning properly at this time. lol I think the name of the guest actor was Clayton Landy (the guy that played Everett). I spoke with him and his wife for quite a while. I'll get back to this when I get my scripts.

Comment

Did you get a dressing room? Did they feed you?

When you get to Atlantis, what is David Hewlett really like?
          Last edited by Hatusu; 09 July 2005, 01:25 PM.
          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Hi, Nate! Those of us at F.O.R.D. would like to hear everything about your interactions with Rainbow. Don't leave out any details!
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Okay, a silly but actually logical question. What can't we ask you? I figure you probably had to sign some sort of waiver (besides the one that said if they accidentally drop a gate prop on you and squash you, you can't sute) saying you can't talk about this or, but was wondering what restrictions you had when visiting the set? Besides not posting photos.... I think you said on the SciFi board you weren't allowed to post to the web any photos you took?

Comment

LOL Yeah it's always funny to actually see how much time and film is wasted just goofing off, which I noticed happens on every TV show/Movie. Sounds like you had a blast, it's a lot more work then people relise to be an actor
                NOT
                it's really a lot of hurry up and wait, don't touch your hair...don't touch your face....use a straw....

What was the best part of your trip?

Check out an excerpt of my SG-1 book on my blog..http://saqqarasblog.blogspot.com/
                http://www.atlantissgc.org/saqqara

Comment

Exactly! It's great for dieting because you're afraid to ruin your make-up. Nathan, how was it with all that Egyptian make-up in the sun?
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I am actually quite curious to know if they flew you coach or business class to your date with fame.

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88

Amanda had left for the day, but came back to meet us which was awesome! We talked to her for probably ten minutes, and she gave me a hug and a kiss!
                      Tell us more about Amanda!!!! She's from England originally, does she speak with any kind of accent off screen than how she speaks on screen? Is she as amazing in person? Were you tongue tied when with her in person? (like I would probably be ) Did you feint when she kissed you? I'm guessing the kiss was on the cheek, but please clarify.

Tell us anything more about meeting her that you can recall please!!!!!
                      The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Did you get a dressing room? Did they feed you?

When you get to Atlantis, what is David Hewlett really like?
                        They gave me my own trailer for both shows. They were both very nice, just like what the actors use. I even had a name plate on them.

Yes they did feed me. Canadian food is slightly different than American. I think they use a different type of sweetener, or something. Their breakfast sausages were way different than the ones I can get here. It was...interesting.

David Hewlett was a very nice guy. He was joking around a lot. (Agian, can't tell you the jokes he was telling) He was very interested in finding out about me, and wanted to know what I thought of the show so far. I think I had only seen three episodes when I got there, so I didn't have a lot to tell him about it, but said I liked what I had seen so far. It was amazing watching the man joke around before a scene and then just snap right into his character as soon as they said action.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                          Okay, a silly but actually logical question. What can't we ask you? I figure you probably had to sign some sort of waiver (besides the one that said if they accidentally drop a gate prop on you and squash you, you can't sute) saying you can't talk about this or, but was wondering what restrictions you had when visiting the set? Besides not posting photos.... I think you said on the SciFi board you weren't allowed to post to the web any photos you took?

I guess I can't really answer that. I am not allowed to post photos, and there were things I couldn't talk about beofre the episodes air, but now I think I can answer just about any questions anyone asks. If there is a question that comes up that I can't answer, I'll let the person know.

What restrictions I had while visiting the set? Ummm...none really. They pretty much showed me everything and let me roam around as I pleased. I think the only real restriction they put on me, and the same goes for everybody, was do not open the door when the red light is flashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Saqqara
                            LOL Yeah it's always funny to actually see how much time and film is wasted just goofing off, which I noticed happens on every TV show/Movie. Sounds like you had a blast, it's a lot more work then people relise to be an actor
                            NOT
                            it's really a lot of hurry up and wait, don't touch your hair...don't touch your face....use a straw....

What was the best part of your trip?

The best part was defiantely being around everything Stargate. Being on set, meeting the actors, being a part of the Stargate universe. I would have slept at the studio had they let me. I really didn't want to leave, and tried getting a job there so that I would not have to leave.

Comment

Exactly! It's great for dieting because you're afraid to ruin your make-up. Nathan, how was it with all that Egyptian make-up in the sun?
                              I didn't have any problems with the make-up, but I should have listened to the make-up lady and put some sunblock on first. I was very burnt the next day. It's kind of funny, the SG-1 make-up artist had to darken me up for my role for that show, and the Atlantis make-up artist had to make me white again because I was so red from sunburn.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                                I am actually quite curious to know if they flew you coach or business class to your date with fame.

Coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X