This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: The Fan Film

Before I am bombarded with replies stating that MGM will not allow this, unfortunatley for them MGM cannot stop the production of fan films. If you are not making it for commercial purposes, and it is in fact a non-profit project with no money being made, there is no law that can stop you, the fans, from playing in the universe you have come to love, or perhaps hate, so much.

So without further ado, we the fans are embarking on a journey of our own and producing a fan film of professional standards. To be set in the Stargate universe, yet not interfering with the story, characters and events already established we are beginning to pen the screenplay for is hoped to be an entertaining and brilliant film made by the fans, for the fans. And with that being said, as the fans, what is it that you want to see? All opinions and ideas will be taken ... let it begin!

watya got already? story?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Thus far, we are looking at either an Earth based story or in another galaxy all together. It's in the very early stages of pre-production, which is the point of this thread, to have you guys make suggestions of - as fans and general audience to any film - what is it that you would like?

Comment

sorry its the way i work with fanfilms, i like to know whats happened so far-im a writer of fanfilms u see so i always have to build up on current stories, habit!

Itd be interesting to see something relating to the prommy! or for a twist itd be interesting to see some goa'uld on goa'uld, maybe a tokra based film!
        sigpic

Comment

Listen, here's my email: [email protected], if you're interested in assisting with the story development, give me a buzz and we'll chat. I've seen some of the current fan films available and, without being mean because it looks like a lot of hard work and effort have gone into them and those guys are champs, but they're still on the amature side of things and sometimes hard to take seriously. I'm not a professional film-maker, I run an independent film company called "Mad Anth'm Productions" here in Australia and we have produced several feature films over the past years. Our most recent "Magnum Opus" recieved brilliant reviews and won several awards. We use the latest in digital video and audio technology and colour grading techniques that result in professional quality productions. So this film will be no less ... it'll be great fun and an awesome addition to the growing stargate fandom!

Comment

well im actually busy as a writer on a new machinima series but id be more that happy to suggest story ideas.....

As I said, id love to see a different type of fanfilm focused on the tokra battling some goa'uld we never saw.

What medium are you using for your fanfilm? live action? figure based? machinima? cg?
            sigpic

Comment

Hey matt! Good luck on your project. I'm also working on creating a fan film. Inspired by the level of excellancy of other fan films I've seen such as the Star Wars: Broken Allegiance fan film and the up and coming Star Wars: Revelations fan film.

I'm currently writing my story at the moment and it will relate to the current story line, but set during season three. No SG-1 tho. But definitely in the SGC and then off world.

You're from Australia? Don't know what part, but I'd sure love to see some desert style planets akin to the aussie outback!

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
              from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Are you guys are talking about filming like with SG fans as the actors or .. what? Shorts or full length? I'm new to this fan-film stuff. Care to enlighten me?
                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Thank for your replies guys. Currently, the film starts in Europe in 1723 with two children who are taken by the Goa'uld. Then moving to present day, a Daedalus Class Battleship is attacked and destroyed in orbit above Earth by an unseen enemy. The implementation of more international team units to the SGC after the inncident ... the details are sketchy this early on ... but the Goa'uld Medusa has something to do with it, a gathering of all remaining minor Goa'ulds to a world on the very edge of the galaxy. The duration is currently being aimed at 40 - 90 minutes in length depending how the story development progresses. But at the moment, things are looking up.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance
                    Thank for your replies guys. Currently, the film starts in Europe in 1723 with two children who are taken by the Goa'uld. Then moving to present day, a Daedalus Class Battleship is attacked and destroyed in orbit above Earth by an unseen enemy. The implementation of more international team units to the SGC after the inncident ... the details are sketchy this early on ... but the Goa'uld Medusa has something to do with it, a gathering of all remaining minor Goa'ulds to a world on the very edge of the galaxy. The duration is currently being aimed at 40 - 90 minutes in length depending how the story development progresses. But at the moment, things are looking up.
                    haha, medusa, that's me, what have I done?
                    I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

Sounding cool. I'm assuming the two children are now uber powerful Goa'uld Lords? Half ascended perhaps?
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Shooo! Don't tell us the whole story Or else i won't have to watch it.

Comment

brilliant sounds interesting...will we see any space scenes?
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's what you have to look forward to in my story:

Sword play.
                            Death Glider chase.
                            Medieval Castles.

That's all I'm saying for now!

Comment

Working...
                            X