Returning back flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning back flaw

Ok. So assuming they got through without detection thanks to the malp decoy, how did they get back without detection or giving away Atlantis stargate address? Obviously once the gate starts dialing out the wraith will know and they will surely see what address is being input as presumably not only are they monitoring the gate or recording it but their dhd will also light up.

Other than that it was a good ep. However Rodney would never accept that surgery given chance of infection due to this.

Im sure the wraith would rather be looking for whoever dialed and trying to stop them as opposed to looking at the gate, they don't know that a cloaked ship came through.

Comment

Simple answer: the writers didn't think of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        Simple answer: the writers didn't think of this.
        More like the Writers IGNORED this...
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

I think it's more likely that it never came up to be ignored to begin with.

Comment

A couple of thoughts.

The gate would have lit up but I don;t think the DHD would have as Sheppard and team would have used the DHD on the jumper to dial out.

I think there were other episodes that they dialed Atlantis while engaged with the Wraith. A lot of people in Pegasus - including Wraith - know Atlantis' address. They also know that there is a gate shield and that without proper ID one can't get through. Besides knowing the address and knowing the location of Atlantis are two different things.

In regards to Rodney not wanting the surgery because he would be worried about infection - well without the operation he would be dead, and at that point worrying about an infection is a moot point. He may have worried about infection, but I think he was more worried about not dying. He risked an infection so he could stay alive. Sound like Rodney to me. Besides after the operation he could then do all the worrying he wants about an infection.
            Last edited by EdenSG; 15 May 2012, 04:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by fani View Post
              Ok. So assuming they got through without detection thanks to the malp decoy, how did they get back without detection or giving away Atlantis stargate address? Obviously once the gate starts dialing out the wraith will know and they will surely see what address is being input as presumably not only are they monitoring the gate or recording it but their dhd will also light up.

Other than that it was a good ep. However Rodney would never accept that surgery given chance of infection due to this.
              They could have dialed another planet first and next and next before returning to Atlantis, just to confuse things.

Comment

Working...
              X