Rodney was an idiot for missing this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney was an idiot for missing this!

General Yogi Bear inadvertently (and jokingly) raised a very important issue in the "Alternate Ending"-thread:
    The cars

Now, from what saw of the stun bubble, it doesn't interact with inanimate objects. For one thing, it just stuns you and renders you unconscious, it doesn't shock you or anything. For another, not a single thing inside of the bubble when it first expanded reacted to it... at all.

None of the computers, not even the frail little plants whose leaves should've fallen off.

And with the cars taking up so much screen time, it's quite the conundrum how they were not made a part of the solution.

As General Yogi Bear suggested, they should've strapped with C4. Throw them through the field, modify them to climb stairs, whatever. Rodney, shame on you for not thinking of this!
    Last edited by FallenAngelII; 10 November 2008, 02:07 PM.

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    General Yogi Bear inadvertently (and jokingly) raised a very important issue in the "Alternate Ending"-thread:
    The cars

Now, from what saw of the stun bubble, it doesn't ineract with inanimate objects. For one thing, it just stuns you and renders you unconscious, it doesn't shock you or anything. For another, not a single thing inside of the bubble when it first expanded reacted to it... at all.

None of the computers, not even the frail little plants whose leaves should've fallen off.

And with the cars taking up so much screen time, it's quite the conundrum how they were not made a part of the solution.

As General Yogi Bear suggested, they should've strapped with C4. Throw them through the field, modify them to climb stairs, whatever. Rodney, shame on you for not thinking of this!
    Good points.
    The inconsistencies to be found with most sci fi I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      Then what would they be racing with at the end of the show?
      I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

The way the cars were a big part of the episode at the beginning I thought they would be used for something critical later on
        sigpic

Comment

They also had those two nifty Asgard exoskeletons. Maybe they could have modified them or their shield generators to be able to pass through the stun field.

Comment

and sacrifice the lives of noble cars? sure, they'd win, but at what cost?
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

Personally, as soon as I saw the shield I thought they would send the cars through with C4 or something in order to destroy the power system being used (they didnt know it was a jumper)

Comment

I wonder where the MALPs are kept... Somewhere within those shielded levels, no doubt.

I was more concerned that they didn't position people just under the field permanently, watching what was happening above.
                AND why there was no doctor with the strike team that took the gate room when they KNEW Rodney was... well, obviously not seriously... injured.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                X