About giving up (fake) IDC to the enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About giving up (fake) IDC to the enemy

Why don't they have a second IDC number, that they would give to the enemy when they're tortured, so that Atlantis will know that it is a special alert IDC, and be prepared to "welcome" anyone coming through the gate?

thats actually a very good idea... i guess it would take the fun out of intruders XD

Comment

It may take the fun out of unwanted guests on Atlantis, but then the intruders would get a nice surprise (I am sure Ronon could help....question them.

Comment

Large bombs, as was Hallucination!Kolya's intent don't really care who is there to welcome them.

Comment

Maybe they could have a code that translates as "Be careful, enemy coming through, arrest them!" and another code that says "Raise Shields!!".. but the only problem with that is if the enemy suddenly decides to send one friendly team member first... (oops!)

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway View Post
            Large bombs, as was Hallucination!Kolya's intent don't really care who is there to welcome them.
            Uh.. what?
            -- Brains12

Comment

Originally posted by brains12 View Post
              Uh.. what?
              The attack idea wasn't to send troops through the gate. Just a bomb. It doesn't matter if there's a defense team standing by when something comes through about to explode.

A fake IDC does sound like a good idea, there's really no way to know whether the code given is legit until you try to send it. Ultimately, I would think it would probably be best to have the fake code just translate as 'I have been compromised, do not lower the shield!', rather than relying on the bad guys to be truthful so the SG member can know which code to give for the appropriate welcome mat, as much as I would love watching an enemy team march through the gate only to find a roomful of P-90s and SAWs pointed at them.

Comment

Should have three IDC.

1. It is Sheppard, lower the shields
                2. Been compromised, lower the shield and have soldiers standing by at the Gate.
                3. Been compromised, don't under any circumstances lower the shield.
                Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.

Comment

Working...
                X