I'm not one to Keller bash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    Of course they weren't going to show what, IMO, should have happened because the story needed to progress. They just should, IMO, have dispensed with the scene altogether because, IMO, it did neither character any favours.
    Had she been at breakfast/lunch/whatever at the beginning and end, I would have liked that. Woolsey should probably have avoided keller altogether, or the AI told him the truth before he went there, though he'd have no reason to believe it.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
      Maybe Keller should have had Woolsey under observation but it comes back to the story the writers were trying to tell which didn't include that happening and I don't find Keller's actions wrong, she treated Woolsey for the symptoms she perceived to be present.
      Except those symptoms had nothing to do with exhaustion or stress. They could have, however, been tinnitis, retinal detachment, or the result of a head injury. Of course, those would have shown up on a scan... but infrasound exposure wouldn't have. Buzzing ears and flashes of light are common with exposure to 18-19 Hz infrasound, which has huge mental implications -- infrasound exposure can cause hallucinations, mood disorders, and usually ultimately ends with someone throwing themselves off a building. Since Atlantis is sitting on the ocean, infrasound is one of those things Keller (as a doctor) should be on the watch for.

See, water is an excellent acoustic conductor that can carry infrasound waves great distances, and the metal of Atlantis is an evern better acoustic conductor than water. If an underwater volcano erupted and thus gave rise to underwater earthquakes, the earthquakes' infrasound could be carried all the way up to the city and start affecting everyone. People's sensitivity varies, and the symptoms get worse as the exposure's duration increases.

Nevermind that "why isn't your name in the database? Why couldn't Amelia see you earlier today" is a bloody strange thing for Woolsey to say to her. Keller just does a scan and stops, a procedure that has resulted in massive misdiagnosis three times now. (She didn't catch the hive-ship spores in the IOA/SGC-mandatory post-mission checkup, she didn't catch the parasite in The Seed, and she didn't catch that Woolsey was being affected by a hallucinatory device.)

TPTB don't Google before they write Keller anymore than they think about how the shippy scenes make her look to anyone not already predisposed to like her.

DragonLady
      "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Working...
      X