Did you figure it out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    ...and the scene with John vs Kolya where the camera spins around and around and around a la 'Alice in Wonderland' down the rabbit hole... Dead give away. Age old technique to show that something's a dream sequence, like 'Wizard of Oz' and the tornado. By that point, they were ready to reveal the hallucination anyway, so it worked.
    Well, I thought that battle between those was over for good. Besides, we already know the REAL Kolya is dead; he was shot to death by John. That's how I figured it out.

Comment

I honestly had no idea. I kept wondering throughout the episode how Kolya and his team managed to know where Atlantis was now (they obviously didn't gate in), and get down to the planet without being picked up by the sensors.

I tend not to really overthink things when watching tv shows though, so it's pretty easy to slip things by me.

Comment

I sort of guessed Zelenka was pretty quickly, there is no way he compliments Rodney straight up like that, usually it's only after they've done something really impressive.

I thought WTF when Kolya went to cut of Sheppard's hand, which is when I realised that was too, as TPTB would never have that happen for real (plus I've looked at pics for the new episodes and he has his hand in those!).

Comment

i worked out that conrad was special in some way, esp as she seemed to always know where woolsy was, i didnt realize kolya was i just thought tptb had some lame excuse bout him not dying and was pleasantly surprised to realize he was dead! but the zelenka really surprised me, looking back it was very coincidental that zelenka wanted to do a sweep but then just look at the episode echoes, i think tptb were very clever in using our opinions of 'convenient coincidences' in sci-fi to fool us in this ep and in my case it really worked!

Comment

I did!!! I was very proud of myself actually, as I knew that either they were hallucinating or something very quickly. I kept telling my mother "That's not actually Zelenka!" and she wouldn't believe me. I'm still razzing her about it a bit.
            sigpic

Comment

I was spoiled on Conrad so I knew she wasn't real. Zelenka AI gave himself away too soon with calling McKay brilliant - that was fishy. Kolya was dead and how the hell would he have gotten on the main land anyway. Didn't catch the IOA guy but then again I thought it was kinda strange.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I had been spoiled on Kolya not raelly being him. (Though I didn't know he was an AI illusion). I figured he was a shape-shifting telepathic villainous alien.

Vanessa Conrad struck me as suspicious fairly quickly so I was fairly certain she would be an illusion.

Zelenka gave me a funny feeling that he was not him because of his insistence on Rodney looking at the data, it reminded me of Replicator-Atlantis. Though they did add enough of him acting unsure of things to prevent me from thinking for sure that he wasn't real. I didn't think it was improbable for Zelenka to compliment Rodney. They've had a few non cynical moments prior to this in th show.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I got Conrad as soon as she said she would meet Woolsey there. (Didn't get it to be the AI though)
                  I got Kolya as soon as John's hand was right again.
                  Didn't get Zelenka until the end when Rodney said it was Zelenka's idea.

Who's Luther?

PS. Go the Aussies! Was Conrad the first 'Aussie' we have seen?

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
                    I got Conrad as soon as she said she would meet Woolsey there. (Didn't get it to be the AI though)
                    I got Kolya as soon as John's hand was right again.
                    Didn't get Zelenka until the end when Rodney said it was Zelenka's idea.
                    Just in time.

Who's Luther?
                    The IOA-dude.

PS. Go the Aussies! Was Conrad the first 'Aussie' we have seen?
                    The first talking Aussie, but not the first flag-wearing one.

Comment

That was the AI?

Comment

That was the AI?
                        Yup, it was her going away present. Amelia confirms there was no wormhole activition from Earth at the time Shen claims she spoke to the IOA.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Yup, it was her going away present. Amelia confirms there was no wormhole activition from Earth at the time Shen claims she spoke to the IOA.
                          I'll admit that was something I didn't expect. I probably should have but I didn't think it was a hallucination. I just thought it was the IOA being sneaky and backstabbing
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I'll admit that was something I didn't expect. I probably should have but I didn't think it was a hallucination. I just thought it was the IOA being sneaky and backstabbing
                            I didn't suspect it either, the only hallucination I didn't think was one.

Comment

Working...
                            X