Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you figure it out?

Did you suspect about the illusions: Zelenka, Kolya, Conrad, Luthor

I knew that Zelenka was a fake It was just with the "your brilliant" comment that gave it away.

The Kolya thing I wasn't sure of cutting off Shepard's was a concern not sure if it was real

Vanessa Conrad well it was possible that she was real.

Luthor was a surprise. I thought it was real.
    Stargate Revival Please!

Nope. I can honestly say that I didn't figure it out. lol
    sigpic

Comment

I knew Conrad was special. I thought she might have been an Ascend Ancient or the imprinted memory of one (from some Ancient device). There was just something about the way she acted.

I knew Radek was acting fishy, but didn't think anything of it. Kolya cutting off John's hand shocked me, but I knew there'd be reset button somewhere along the line. Didn't think anything of it, though.

I didn't suspect there to be widespread hallucinating, so I just stuck with Conrad being an illusion/Ascend being/imprinted memory.

Comment

Yup. I thought this was a pretty good episode (probably my favourite of the year thus far), but I figured out the connection between the plotlines very quickly on. No spoilers either. But then, when I watch TV I automatically try to figure out what is going on (instead of just watching passively), so that isn't surprising. I was annoyed that Rodney didn't realize that Radek was fake, and didn't want to believe it even in the end. Minor quibble though.

In the end there are a very limited number of possible ways that a series of plotthreads can be braided together (especially when you are unwilling to put characters in real danger on a regular basis), and if you pay attention it isn't hard to see straight through to the end of the episode almost immediately.

Comment

I didn't even figure out Conrad. When I saw the IOA rep observing the conversation between Conrad and Woolsey, I thought that maybe Conrad was assigned to Atlantis specifically to get involved with Woolsey. Him being romantically involved with a member of the expedition would be a pretty serious conflict of interests and would probably result in him being booted from his position.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
            I didn't even figure out Conrad. When I saw the IOA rep observing the conversation between Conrad and Woolsey, I thought that maybe Conrad was assigned to Atlantis specifically to get involved with Woolsey. Him being romantically involved with a member of the expedition would be a pretty serious conflict of interests and would probably result in him being booted from his position.
            Yeah, that was the one that it took me the longest to decide on, since she could have been part of either the A plot (the alien device) or the B plot (the leadership problem). Right up until we realize that not everyone can see her (in the control room) it was undecided. I liked that. Could have gone either way. I'm not sure if that uncertainty in the plotline was purposeful or not, but if it was it was clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
              Thats exactly what I thought when I saw that scene. I thought the IOA rep would fry Woolsey for this.
              I came, I saw, I conquered!
              sigpic
              We are unique! Created unique!
              Sevenofnine

Comment

I never figure anything out. XD

I thought that maybe Conrad was assigned to Atlantis specifically to get involved with Woolsey.
                My prediction exactly at that point.

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
                Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
                Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

The "You're brilliant" comment from Zelenka gave it away for me. He would never have said that. And I knew there was somethingfishy about Kolya. The whole time I was thinking "How the heck did he get on the mainland?" Never saw Conrad, though. Thought she was real.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                    The "You're brilliant" comment from Zelenka gave it away for me. He would never have said that. And I knew there was somethingfishy about Kolya. The whole time I was thinking "How the heck did he get on the mainland?" Never saw Conrad, though. Thought she was real.
                    Your right. I mean I should have thought of that how did a Genii strike force get to the mainland. I mean the Genii had no ships. Even if a ship had reach their planet Atlantis would have discovered it comming out of Hyperspace. Kolya would never have left Shepard alone especially since the last time.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I'll have to rewatch, but whichever came first, either finding out that the probe's energy field enveloped the city and beyond or John getting his hand cut off. Either way, one further proved the other. I thought for a second, the same tech that can bring back the dead should regenerate a hand, but I said that was too fishy and went with mass mind frell.
                      I assumed in the beginning that the Aussie was in league with Woolsey's appraiser, perhaps the 'good' cop'.
                      Zelenka... Not sure, but it seemed iffy. When Rodney told the AI that he wanted to see it, that's when it clicked that he'd seen it all along as Zelenka.
                      I didn't get the Luthor [Lex?] one right away, though I did think to myself how odd it was for them to open a wormhole to Pegasus just to tell her that.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I didn't figure out that they were AI's however

with Conrad, something was up because they show'd way tooooo much cleavage on her during her balconey conversation with Woosley. While they have shown cleavage before, we really haven't seen the women in uniform show that much. I thought maybe she was a test for Woosley.

with Zelenka, I thought maybe he was setting Rodney up for something. You know, buttering Rodney up to get something he wanted.....

And with Koya, well you just knew it had to be something to bring the guy back from the dead. And then no blood on Sheppards bandages

I thought maybe it was a dream sequence story....sure glad it wasn't.
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I realised something was fishy when Genii appeared.
                          How could they get on the mainland?
                          They have no space ships.
                          What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
                          Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

I figured that there was a hallucination, though didn't realise about the AI though.
                            Zelenka telling Rodney he was brilliant, made me suspect, plus I didn't buy Koyla coming back from the dead.
                            Conrad didn't quite seem to fit, no one in their work uniform has that much cleavage showing normally, plus no one else could see her

Comment

I never did. I watch TV without thinking too far ahead or disecting things too much. I find it more enjoyable that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X