So...Kolya is John's Father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by musicahumana View Post
    I couldn't help but notice the similarity of John's plight to a well known scene from Star Wars. The loss of a hand...hanging by one arm from a precipice...I fully expected a puddle jumper to show up under John so that he could jump on to it, and then return to Atlantis to be fitted with a mechanical hand.

While this was going on, I said, "Oh goodness, John is playing Luke." It makes sense, given that the story came from John's brain. Star Wars is an important narrative in our generation's consciousness, and making those connections while dreaming (or hallucinating, in John's case) doesn't seem out of place.

But, since this was *John's* worst nightmare, then does that mean that John relates Kolya to his father somehow?

Kolya: [heavy, mechanical breathing] John, I am your father.

This is a HUGE stretch, but I thought it was a fun one. Feel free to fry me on this, if you like. At least the similarities to Star Wars were slightly humorous.
    I didn't think of that but the only similarity is the loosing of the hand nothing more.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      I didn't think of that but the only similarity is the loosing of the hand nothing more.
      Well, there was the loosing of the hand, then the hanging from the cliff. Luke lost his hand and after that, was hanging from.... something. It's been far to long since I've seen that movie. LOL But I do remember that scene. I also almost expected a ship to come up and pick him up too. Though I doubted one actually would, but the thought was funny. lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        The only similarity was John losing a hand. Star Wars was not first to have a main character lose a hand.
        No, but it's probably one of the most well known.

Comment

lol i suppose if it was coming from his subconscious it kinda makes sense, maybe john always wanted to be luke skywalker when he was a kid lol

Comment

since it was obvious in Outcast that John was estranged from his entire family prior to his father's death..... I got the connection as well. I am sad to admit I didn't get the Star wars connection, though.....darn psych degree gets in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by musicahumana View Post
              Kolya: [heavy, mechanical breathing] John, I am your father.
              I actually said that to my partner when we were watching that scene.

Comment

Lol
                sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

and "Use your other hand..." seems like : "Use the Force..."

Comment

LOL i never relized that. hahaahaha

That would be funny to see.
                    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

just saw that, wow

sigpic
                      Sig made by squirrely1
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                      *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Working...
                      X