So...Kolya is John's Father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...Kolya is John's Father?

I couldn't help but notice the similarity of John's plight to a well known scene from Star Wars. The loss of a hand...hanging by one arm from a precipice...I fully expected a puddle jumper to show up under John so that he could jump on to it, and then return to Atlantis to be fitted with a mechanical hand.

While this was going on, I said, "Oh goodness, John is playing Luke." It makes sense, given that the story came from John's brain. Star Wars is an important narrative in our generation's consciousness, and making those connections while dreaming (or hallucinating, in John's case) doesn't seem out of place.

But, since this was *John's* worst nightmare, then does that mean that John relates Kolya to his father somehow?

Kolya: [heavy, mechanical breathing] John, I am your father.

This is a HUGE stretch, but I thought it was a fun one. Feel free to fry me on this, if you like. At least the similarities to Star Wars were slightly humorous.

lol I actually saw those similarities too. So no, I'm not gonna fry ya for it. LOL I don't fry anyone anyhow. I just feels mean to me. And though it's a stretch, it is indeed a fun one.
    sigpic

Comment

The only similarity was John losing a hand. Star Wars was not first to have a main character lose a hand.

Comment

Ahahahaha that's really funny and something I completely did not pick up on. I like it and it's an interesting theory about John subconsciously connecting Kolya with his father's behavior.

Comment

Who knows, maybe there's a blooper?

"No John, I, am your father."

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew486DX View Post
            Who knows, maybe there's a blooper?

"No John, I, am your father."
            LMAO! Even if there isn't, that image is in my head and it's funny. Yes, I am easily amused. =P LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Wow. I didn't even make that connection. Star Wars....HA!

Hilarious!

Comment

LMAO!!!!! XD that'll be friggin CRAZY! and at the same time....DISTURBING lmao!

Comment

the comparison wasn't that convincing (Kolya didn't have asthma)

Comment

Originally posted by musicahumana View Post
                    I couldn't help but notice the similarity of John's plight to a well known scene from Star Wars. The loss of a hand...hanging by one arm from a precipice...I fully expected a puddle jumper to show up under John so that he could jump on to it, and then return to Atlantis to be fitted with a mechanical hand.

While this was going on, I said, "Oh goodness, John is playing Luke." It makes sense, given that the story came from John's brain. Star Wars is an important narrative in our generation's consciousness, and making those connections while dreaming (or hallucinating, in John's case) doesn't seem out of place.

But, since this was *John's* worst nightmare, then does that mean that John relates Kolya to his father somehow?

Kolya: [heavy, mechanical breathing] John, I am your father.

This is a HUGE stretch, but I thought it was a fun one. Feel free to fry me on this, if you like. At least the similarities to Star Wars were slightly humorous.
                    There might be a reference in there. I never noticed that!

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of Freudian castration complex...
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

lol glad i wasn't the only one who saw the star wars connections!

johns wardrobe also looked very luke-like when he was with those space hippies in the time dilation field

Comment

Yes! I thought this too!

Comment

They do rip allot from excisting scifi things, so it could be that it was a little thing that had that Star Wars moment. Maybe it was or wasnt intentional.

Comment

My 10yo put on his best Darth Vader voice and said "Yes John, I am your father" as soon as it happened... kind of lightened the mood
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X