Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolsey continues to Impress me!

Samantha Who?

Yes, I've always loved Carter on SG-1, and she was not bad on SGA. I know a lot of folks were cautiously optimistic about having another commander for S5.

Woolsey has just been amazing this season and this episode is just another episode to make him shine. I think he has proven to be a great leader for SGA and he is not all about the rules and he does have a softer human side to him as well. They have developed Woolsey nicely over the course of this season, and this episode goes in with that list of good character development for Woolsey.

So in the end Woolsey has taken the bull by the horns and has been even better than his predecessor. Still, Weir is # 1 to me. But Woolsey is a close 2nd.
    sigpic

I agree. I'm really starting to like Woosley. He was great in the episode.
    Sig made by DG. Thanks DG sigpic

Comment

Yes, I loved this episode. It was truly a bonding episode for the team, although I do feel sorry for Rodney... Radek finally admits that he is brilliant, and it isn't even Radek...

but on the other hand, an advanced civilization's AI construct thought he was brilliant...

Comment

I find Woolsey to be the best commander Atlantis has had.

*ducks the rotten fruit*

He's definitely the most interesting.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I agree Ruffles so let me know if anyone throws fruit at you and I'll get them
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I have to agree. I love this episode. Woolsey was brilliant in it. From what I knew of him from before and what he is doing now, I never would've guessed to be honest. But I am impressed.
            sigpic

Comment

I was mad whe I first learned that Woolsey was going to be the new commander of Atlantis, but he's really gaining on me. I kind of like him as the leader. Not as much as Weir, but he's doing a pretty good job.

Comment

Woosley is amazing! I love him. I was thrilled that he was taking over and everytime I see him, I do a Snoopy dance.
                sigpic
                Sig by im_meli
                More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Woolsey is great as commander of Atlantis. I had no doubts that Woolsey would do well on Atlantis simply due to the fact that Picardo is a great actor and always fun to watch on screen...I've always enjoyed him when he was on before this season.

I think that Woolsey is one of the best developed characters on Stargate and its really been interesting following his journey from way back in season 7 of SG-1 to now. I bet Picardo had no idea what was supposed to be a simple guest appearance would turn into this.
                  That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                    Woolsey is great as commander of Atlantis. I had no doubts that Woolsey would do well on Atlantis simply due to the fact that Picardo is a great actor and always fun to watch on screen...I've always enjoyed him when he was on before this season.

I think that Woolsey is one of the best developed characters on Stargate and its really been interesting following his journey from way back in season 7 of SG-1 to now. I bet Picardo had no idea what was supposed to be a simple guest appearance would turn into this.
                    I always enjoyed him too. To be honest, I've never actually hated a charactor. Because, in my own personal opinion, every charactor had it's place, no matter how small.

So, when he became the commander, I indeed thought it would turn out to be.... interesting. But I never expected this. I am thuroughly impressed by him. And Picardo is an awesome actor. I don't know if he expected it, but I'm very glad it went from guest to this. Just my opinion, nothing against anyone elses. To each their own. *smiles*
                    sigpic

Comment

i like Woolsey way better than Weir

Weir was BORING in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                        I find Woolsey to be the best commander Atlantis has had.

*ducks the rotten fruit*

He's definitely the most interesting.
                        I agree. Weir was boring, and Carter was the wrong person for the job. When I first heard the news of Woolsey being Carter's replacement, I was happy. I knew it would make for an interesting turn of events, and it has. My only complaint is that he's been for the most part underused, and now the show is done for, so we won't be seeing much more of him.
                        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Yeah, carter was the wrong person for the job. A lot of the times it felt disjointed when she was there. It was almost as if she didn't mesh with the others (at least till the begining of this season) and a lot of the interaction seemed forced. With Woosley, you get a feeling of an outsider, but through his actions he's showing he's becoming on e of the group. And he stays true to character and that character's position. Picardo is handling this all wonderfully! I was apprehensive at first when I learned it was Woolsey taking over and I thought, great, we're gonna have nothing but contention and arguments for the entire season! Thankfully I was proven worng. We've had a little, but a lot of it was needed to show his transtition from the way things are int he Milky Way to the way it is in Pegsus. I hope they don't forget about him in the movies.

sig by DG .
                          I can be found here:

Comment

Originally posted by JeffKnight View Post
                            but on the other hand, an advanced civilization's AI construct thought he was brilliant...
                            That AI would do and say anything to save its ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Samantha Who?

Yes, I've always loved Carter on SG-1, and she was not bad on SGA. I know a lot of folks were cautiously optimistic about having another commander for S5.

Woolsey has just been amazing this season and this episode is just another episode to make him shine. I think he has proven to be a great leader for SGA and he is not all about the rules and he does have a softer human side to him as well. They have developed Woolsey nicely over the course of this season, and this episode goes in with that list of good character development for Woolsey.

So in the end Woolsey has taken the bull by the horns and has been even better than his predecessor. Still, Weir is # 1 to me. But Woolsey is a close 2nd.
                              Perfectly said. He is a great character now. I liked after watching his character over the years and see him develop from season 7 SG-1. Again, perfectly said.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X