This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average episode.

Good to see Kolya, even though he was an illusion.

Monday, our best real-life scientists (including Bill Nye) make an appearance.
    sigpic

Comment

Quite an engaging episode in the end.

Whilst it used the same idea of a civilisation saving its knowledge and the genetic material to re populate their species on a suitable world as in SG-1's 'Between Two Fires', this race was less drastic in its approach! OK, so it was psychological trauma instead of physical. It was interesting how the AI of this particular race appeals to the sense of justice and mercy it noted in the humans after testing them in various scenarios.

These scenarios were fascinating, made more so by not knowing who was really the victim of them. Woolsey was wonderful as ever, he really cared about his work on Atlantis and didn't want to go. Loved how the alien AI gave the scheming IOA woman a taste of her own medicine, fooling her into playing the political game to unwittingly keep Woolsey in his position as the leader of the Atlantis expedition.

A great moment of two totally alien species working to help eachother out.

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis...

1. A very wierd ep to rewatch.

2. Woolsey still isolated?

3. 'Kolya' made Shep sound too much like me!

OK ep.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Boring ep.

Woolsey the loner.

Good to finally see an Aussie on Atlantis. Sort of anyway.

Sheppard getting tortured by Kolya was cool.
          sigpic

Comment

Good idea but bad execution. The notion of a probe containg an alien species is a science fiction cliche. For the most part it works. The scenes between Woosley and the lovely Anna Glavin (That was for you FH) work. I think it is what prevents this episode from being a total failure. I like the interaction of the two as Woosley deals with IOA bureacracy and the Sekkari craft and the ethics that go along with it. What does not make sense is Sheppherd. He should have known better some of the things Koyla said not make sense. Thier is no way he could be alive let alone infiltrate Atlantis the way he claimed too. It just lacks any rational sense. And finally the McKay story. I thought it was hilarious that he imagined Zelenka but other than that I'm drawing a blank. Finally I find it hard to believe the writers couldn't find a way to incorporate Teyla and Ronon
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

Continuing our stroll down SGA memory lane with one of my favorites…
              Photo of Sheppard captured by Kolya

REMNANTS (515)

This one was a personal favorite for several reasons. It offered action, humor, surprises and, best of all, genuinely heart-felt character moments brilliantly conveyed by our amazing cast and guest stars. It was also a bit of a ***** to write and, as such, incredibly satisfying to finish, a fairly complex script that required a proper balancing act of three seemingly separate storylines – and their ultimate convergence at episode’s end. My fellow Exec Producer, Carl Binder, considered it my best script of the show’s fifth season. My other fellow Exec Producers, however, weren’t quite as enamored. Rob Cooper felt it was “too literary” (which I thought was a nice compliment until I realized it was actually a criticism). He, and Exec Producer Martin Gero, also felt I was way too rough on our hero, Sheppard. My writing partner, Paul, meanwhile, had only one real objection – and that was the chopping off of Sheppard’s hand, for both creative and production reasons. Yes, I agree that Sheppard does suffer greatly but I argue it’s fine because, at the end of the day, it’s all in his head. Also, the Shep-whumpers reaaaallly needed this one!

Just so much to say about this episode – and I already have. Some Remnants-related past blog entries you might want to check out:

November 15, 2008: The Remnants Write-up - In which I offer some insight into my inspiration for this script (Harvey and a desire to complete Richard Woolsey’s rehabilitation from pencil-pushing suit to lovable Commander) as well as behind the scene photos and a breakdown of some of the scenes, beats, and dialogues that didn’t make the final cut.

July 22, 2008: Remnants Day #1 Behind the scene pics in Woolsey’s quarters.

July 23, 2008: Burgers then Back on the Program then Remnants Day #2 Behind the scene pics of the McKay/Zelenka scenes.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Lythisrose!

I'm still bitter they cut the lines about John's mother and Elizabeth.

Comment

This was average. But a good ending when McKay finds out about Zelenka.
                  Really didn't like to see Koyla again, we all knew he died. And so, first I thought, no no no the writers have pulled another "Carson" ...

Comment

It was tiresome seeing Kolya again. Maybe I missed something here, but what was the AI's intention on toying with Sheppard? He was going to stay on there overnight anyway so he won't be in the way...unless the AI anticipated the issue would last longer than that. But nevertheless, I thought it was just an excuse to bring back Kolya for another ep. I was like this guy just won't die although it did cross my mind that it was odd that he was able to survive a fatal shot.

Comment

I think the AI saw Shepard as a threat that could ruin the plan, It didn't want to take any chances so it was best to keep Shepard preoccupied so he couldn't check in with Atlantis. Bringing something to Atlantis that was pulled from the ocean, would have been a strong pull for Shepard to check it out to be sure it wasn't a threat to Atlantis.
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

WHOA, I was not expecting that, did that really happen. I'm watching this episode right now, but happened to notice mention of hallucinations. I think I should finish the episode.

OK, that episode was...well weird, I'm not sure what to think of it. I was totally convinced that everything that happened with John on the mainland was real and that he'd really had his hand chopped off.

I loved his comment though '' Lorne warned me about this ''
                        Last edited by Nikki Alexander; 16 March 2013, 07:49 AM.
                        sigpic
                        McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
                        Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
                        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

I liked this episode. Shep part had me fooled. I was thinking the episode would be better if they stuck to one story and it actually was one story. It all made for a enjoyable episode at the end.

Comment

This episode actually more complicated than it seem. It is an interesting episode!!!
                            Here is what i understand:
                            Firstly, the Sekkari artificial intelligence using form Zelenka to inform Mckay to savage the Sekkari seed carrier.
                            Secondly, the A.I. using Kolya to preoccupied John Sheppard to prevent him endanger the seed carrier.
                            Thirdly, the A.I. using form of Dr. Vanessa Conrad to communicate with Woolsey and explain the intention and help the pod to achieve its objective.
                            The Pod using a form of radiation that could cause mass hallucinations but it can also serve as a means of communication between two very different species.
                            Personal side note:
                            So Woolsey look so smitten around Dr. Vanessa Conrad!!!Looks like he have a thing for Aussie!!!
                            He looks so hilarious when the Sekkari artificial intelligence explain using form of Doctor Vanessa Conrad because of his "physical manifestation of your subconscious romantic and sexual ideals."
                            sigpic

Comment

I am totally confused. When did the device with the Artificial Intelligence begin operating on everybody on Atlantis, and why did "she" say she was a figment of Woolsey's imagination when she was an actual entity created by and for the Sekkari?
                              More than that, what exactly is the relationship between the Ancients and their seedings and that of the Sekkari?
                              And what is now supposed to be the timing for the awakening of the device and the billions of seeding beings in the device that purely coincidentally were reactivated when Zelenka decided to search the ocean floor?
                              And did it have anything to do with Woolsey's evaluation?
                              Last edited by Davey; 28 February 2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X