This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to my favorite show?

I loved the show to bits for the first 4 years and up to early season 5, but then it went downhill (IMO) so quickly and I can't understand why. These are mainly the same writers who gave us the wonderful seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4. How could they come up with... this?

It's a pity, because IMO Woolsey is far better than Carter and has far better chemistry with the characters, so this season had the potential of being even better than season 4.

But suddenly the writers decided to disregard the team dynamics, to forget about the interaction between John, Ronon, Rodney and Teyla; to wallpaper John and Teyla, and the only reason Ronon has been there more than John and Teyla is because they decided to make him part of the stupid love triangle. He would've been wallpapered as much as John and Teyla otherwise.

I didn't mind Keller as a background character last season but with the Keller overdose this season, I can't stand her anymore. I don't understand why they decided to focus so much on a background character.

I used to love Rodney and I still like him somehow when he's not in the same room as Keller... but they've ruined the character so much this season that he has become my least favorite character among the team members.

And this episode was more of the same stuff that we've been getting this season. Out of the 18 episodes aired so far only 7 at most have been very good/excellent. The rest were all bad/mediocre/meh (IMO).

Why would I care to watch an episode focused on a guest star? It could've been an episode focused on the team, or, if they wanted to focus on a character, they could've focused on Ronon, John or Teyla, who have been so neglected this season. I don't tune in to watch the guest-hour show with an overdose of McKay and Keller.

I'll watch until the bitter end (it's not like we have a lot more left anyway) out of respect for Joe, Rachel, Jason and David (even if they've ruined David's character). But, to be honest, had there been a season 6, I'm not sure I could've watched it, unless they dropped the Keller and McKeller lovefest.

Seeing the show I loved for 4 1/4 years end up like this is so frustrating and disappointing

Comment

Originally posted by i_adore_atlantis View Post

I loved the show to bits for the first 4 years and up to early season 5, but then it went downhill (IMO) so quickly and I can't understand why. These are mainly the same writers who gave us the wonderful seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4. How could they come up with... this?

It's a pity, because IMO Woolsey is far better than Carter and has far better chemistry with the characters, so this season had the potential of being even better than season 4.

But suddenly the writers decided to disregard the team dynamics, to forget about the interaction between John, Ronon, Rodney and Teyla; to wallpaper John and Teyla, and the only reason Ronon has been there more than John and Teyla is because they decided to make him part of the stupid love triangle. He would've been wallpapered as much as John and Teyla otherwise.

I didn't mind Keller as a background character last season but with the Keller overdose this season, I can't stand her anymore. I don't understand why they decided to focus so much on a background character.

I used to love Rodney and I still like him somehow when he's not in the same room as Keller... but they've ruined the character so much this season that he has become my least favorite character among the team members.

And this episode was more of the same stuff that we've been getting this season. Out of the 18 episodes aired so far only 7 at most have been very good/excellent. The rest were all bad/mediocre/meh (IMO).

Why would I care to watch an episode focused on a guest star? It could've been an episode focused on the team, or, if they wanted to focus on a character, they could've focused on Ronon, John or Teyla, who have been so neglected this season. I don't tune in to watch the guest-hour show with an overdose of McKay and Keller.

I'll watch until the bitter end (it's not like we have a lot more left anyway) out of respect for Joe, Rachel, Jason and David (even if they've ruined David's character). But, to be honest, had there been a season 6, I'm not sure I could've watched it, unless they dropped the Keller and McKeller lovefest.

Seeing the show I loved for 4 1/4 years end up like this is so frustrating and disappointing
      Yep, you pretty much summed it up.... so many of the characters wasted for another romp in the forest with Keller.. and what have the writers turned Rodney into...... the first scene with Keller/Neeva he was acting like a bouncing teenybobber.. all the characters are just lame renditions of their former selves.....

Looking forward to Vegas ...hoping to see JF actually get something decent to do..
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
        Anyone else think Ronan was out of shape? He spends all those years being the best runner in the run against the wraith and now he can't even keep up with a common criminal? He is all gloating about how he can handle keeping an eye on the woman, then he loses her to a predictable trick. Ronan is slowly becoming useless.
        You mean he was once actually useful, When? And What Was His Use?
        Last edited by stargatefan234; 13 December 2008, 05:20 AM.
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

What stranger is that this once again makes a other powerful weapon which could be use to defeat the Wraith, unless the wraith can fight it of cause but presuming they cannot, the ancients should of use the device to infiltrate the wraith and destroy their vessels from the inside out and to gather info.

I have not seen the episode yet so it might be explained.

Comment

This was my favorite show until Beckett and Weir went down the tubes and our illustrious writers decided to turn it into "Stargate: Love Triangle", or maybe it is better titled, "Stargate: Save Keller!", or this would work too - "Stargate: Use Old Ideas That Worked Better On SG1 But Writers Are Too Lazy To THINK".

Even Sheppard feels like a recurring character this season and poor Teyla has become "background fodder". Teyla's street smarts, compassion, and unusual culture made her an interesting character that never was used properly. Now its all about Keller, and listening to her whine at Rodney in Janus' lab in an early scene should have been the cue to switch channels, but no. I guess everyone wants to see the jumbo pile of steaming doo swish down the bowl and disappear into oblivion. There is something refreshing about watching crap get washed away.

Cancellation couldn't have come at a better time. Sad thing is that we get this same group of writers on "Stargate Universe" and they are already bragging about their new whiny, spoiled brat, beautiful, young (even younger than Keller!), leading lady.

Know who my absolute FAV character in scifi is at the moment? WALTER from "Fringe", who is OLD. . .OMG!!! An OLD geezer is the most interesting character on TV at the moment. Walter the Mad Scientist would never make it in the Stargate world! He has WRINKLES!

Bah, time to move on. Not interested anymore.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Let me be honest here.
              This wasn't a very good episode. The concept wasn't too bad,. but it felt like they rushed the ending. Although they referenced SG1, which is a plus.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by i_adore_atlantis View Post

Ditto!

I didn't watch BS because I knew I would hate it, but I was fairly hopefull that this ep would be alright. Boy, was I wrong! Can I have 45 minutes of my life back please?
                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I was actually hoping they switched the body while Keller's body got shot dead, then we will have a new keller, I bet McKay will be happy with the result....

Comment

The past few episodes i have noticed that McKay is going off world with little to no weapons (he has a hand gun in this episode but no P90) and he also wasnt wearing his vest (even Carson was wearing a vest). Is there any particular reason why McKay hasnt been using a P90 (or wearing the correct uniform) of late or has someone at the props department just stuffed up.

Comment

Maybe Shep finally realised it was safer for everyone if McKay wasn't armed.......
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

You want to be an example of stabbing with pliers?

It is pointy, it can stab.

I can stab you with a can or tuna is I tried ahrd enough

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Maybe Shep finally realised it was safer for everyone if McKay wasn't armed.......
                          Any apparently also it is best if he isnt wearing a bullet proof vest aswell.

Anyway McKay had become quite good at using a P90 late in season 4 and early in season 5.

Comment

Just thought of something in one ep didn't Oneill swap memories with someone else using the stones.

Comment

I went into this with the attitude that I was gonna give it a chance, since I don't like Keller's character, and I'm getting sick of Rodney. Initially i thought this will be good. What happened to Radek , I almost cried, but in a way I was like finally a character gets hurt, but they better not kill him. I love Radek! Anyway I thought the guest stars acting was quite stiff, and I was actually a little embarrassed watching her. I liked the use of the ancient device, I felt like I was actually watching a stargate (not sg-1) episode again. Finally they are using some ancient tech, never mind they are using the idea of switching bodies again. But the episode ended up being blah for me. I honestly do not enjoy keller's acting, and the team seemed very stiff. I was happy to see Ronon used a bit more. I loved it when he just said the heck with it and did in the ancient device with a shot. I knew that was gonna happen, because the way he was looking at it.

Comment

Why all women-thiefs in both galaxies are sexy and seductive? That's beyond me. I would expect they would be stigmatized by the life they are living ... oh whatever.
                                And the same woods again! mamma mia!
                                Poor Radek! I felt so sorry for him! But his final rambling was quite entertaining LMAO
                                Kiryk "The Runner" forever -- http://www.facebook.com/login.php#/g...id=38626487069

http://www.unicef.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X