Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time ever in the Stargate franchise I found myself anxiously waiting for a commercial. Blah.

It appears eppys 19 & 20 will be blockbusters. I cannot wait for them.

I have to say, it appears TPTB wanted to make sure no one missed SGA and all looked forward to Universe. I will not miss SGA if this is what we would've gotten. But I hope Universe brings some creative writing to the table.

Complancy...that is all I see when I look at most of the writing this season. It just feels like TPTB and the actors phoned this season in, especially in the episodes shot after the cancellation.

I know the diehards here will blast me for this post but I want someone to make a strong case that this season represents the very best that TPTB are capable of. These are the people (for the most part) who saw SG-1 to 10 seasons. If anyone here can put forth a convincing case for such an argument then I'm all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by 1LostFurling View Post

Complancy...that is all I see when I look at most of the writing this season. It just feels like TPTB and the actors phoned this season in, especially in the episodes shot after the cancellation.

I know the diehards here will blast me for this post but I want someone to make a strong case that this season represents the very best that TPTB are capable of.
      Well not going to blast you, but I do have to say Season 4 still stands as my favorite season. They lost a little zing this season. Last Season had some really great eps, so did this season though.

I strongly disagree about the phoning in this season. Have you watched eps like "Search and Rescue", "The Shrine", "Broken Ties", "Ghost in the Machine", "The Queen", "Remnants", "The Prodigal", "Infection", and etc. The actors were really into this season and were enjoying their scripts. So no, they were not phoning in their acting.

The last 2 eps are going to be epic!
      sigpic

Comment

Did Carl Binder create Dr. Keller this character?
        So Carl as Keller's father in the pic. Like an Easter Eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Yup, remember in Crusade when Vala is taken over Daniel's body? At the time there was only one device being used.

So nope no massive plot holes, and speaking of that.........

They also solved the ATG gene, and made it known that an Ancient device can be activated by someone with the gene and given to someone else for use, like Teyla walking around with the LCD! So those folks should lay down their complaint.
          It was already established in season 1 Hide and Seek that some technology could be used by people without the ATA gene if someone with it turned it on. But there is technology e.g., puddlejumper and life signs detector that can only be used by someone with the ATA gene.

Hide and Seek GW transcript.
          GRODIN: It seems some Ancient technology requires the user to have the gene. Other things merely require initialisation. Once activated, I can control it. Anyone can push the buttons to make it work.

Comment

Well not going to blast you, but I do have to say Season 4 still stands as my favorite season. They lost a little zing this season. Last Season had some really great eps, so did this season though.

I strongly disagree about the phoning in this season. Have you watched eps like "Search and Rescue", "The Shrine", "Broken Ties", "Ghost in the Machine", "The Queen", "Remnants", "The Prodigal", "Infection", and etc. The actors were really into this season and were enjoying their scripts. So no, they were not phoning in their acting.

The last 2 eps are going to be epic!
            Yes, season four was pretty good, at least IMHO. But they weren't cancelled in season 4. Yes, the final two eps will probably go a long way to improve this season overall. But that is the perspective I am looking at...the whole season.

Season 5 started very strong, I felt it would be the best season ever. At no point did we have the sort of poor episode like "Irrestible" where I wanted to put a gun to my head but I STILL WATCHED all of Irrestible. I wanted "Identity" to cut to commericals so I could be distracted from how un-entertaining it was. I did gut it out but man...it wasn't easy.

But this season it seems after the hot start things got weak overall. While I liked 10 & 11 with the Asgard, I just want fresh ideas. I won't accuse TPTB of reusing scripts like others have on this board, but at a minimum they are reusing old ideas rather than putting in some effort into original thought.

That's what attracted me (and I think others) to SG-1. Original thought...something different yet familiar than other offerings in the sci-fi genre. Stale...that is what this series is. It is definately time to cancel SGA. What pisses me off is the distinct possibility that this staleness I perceive was intentionally done by TPTB. And I don't mean Mallozzi & Mullie...I mean Wright and Cooper.

What worries me most about Universe is that it seems all the same writers and directors will be involved in this new series. Nothing against Mallozzi & crew but they need to move on and allow new faces to run with this new show. But the ones who REALLY need to move on are Wright & Cooper. Those two are dictators who will see their desires materialize on the screen at all costs. Their arrogent, self-centered desire to "put their stamp" on this franchise is killing it.

Bring back Damien Kindler. While Sanctuary is no SG-1, it certainly has entertained me more than SGA this season save for a couple of eppys.

Comment

The episode was very well written, and it is because of who it was written by. Notice how they mentioned about the gene. So that filled the little plot hole for last week's ep with Teyla walking around with a LCD! The ep had classic SGA all over it, and I love when they tie in SG-1 to the show and then make it their own.

You have to remember, A lot of the Ancient artifacts and technlogy came from Atlantis and the Pegasus galaxy, so it only makes sense they would come up again.
              I think this was a good eps. I thought I wouldn't like it because it was going to be a Keller plot but I was pleasantly surprised. I never cared for Jewel as an actor. I didn't really care for her character on Firefly. I do still miss Elizabeth but I was glad to see beckett again. I always thought that Rodney got over that other woman kind of quickly. I assume he loved her, he was about to ask her to marry him. It just all very strange to me. But if they wanted to couple someone off I wish it would have been Ronon or John, I would included Teyla but the writers would have screwed it up. But Rodney and Keller is just uninteresting as a couple IMHO. This was a good eps and I really enjoyed it.

Comment

The only criticism I have is that this was a pretty mediocre episode to have for the third to last...
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

It's good episode between Mckay, Beckett and Keller

I am glad to see Dr. Beckett again. I want to see more of hot Scottish doctor.

I pray that Woolsey replaces Dr. Keller with Dr Beckett as Cheif of medical staffs.

Comment

just wanted to mention about the life sign detectors...
                    In season four Travellers...Shepperd activates one and then Larrin is using it...

hugs

Comment

He ran at the speed of plot
                      supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

I liked it. I thought the guest stars were exceptionally good (did Neeva remind anyone else of Larrin?). I liked the uncertainty at the beginning. I love a good mystery, and I was intrigued by who this was and how she got in Keller's body. As another poster said, I wasn't expecting it to be an accident.

I loved seeing the team running through the woods. Jason Momoa can really fly! I liked that Ronon figured out she wasn't Keller and that she gave him the slip when he was chasing her. Good to see him being smart but not perfect.

Woolsey's reaction to Radek being stabbed (poor Radek!) was excellent. I love it when they get all protective of each other. I liked the bit of information about the world Carson was on. Gives me the feeling that he keeps in close contact yet is working hard treating the sick. Nice mention of Lorne even if we didn't get to see him. The secondary characters really, really add to the richness of the show.

Sweet scene at the end between Jennifer and Rodney. And I can't wait to read the translation of what Radek was saying. Has Carson picked up some Czech or was he just agreeing with the tone?

Not a perfect ep, but an entertaining one. Just what I was looking for.

And Vegas looks fantastic! My TV was sizzling when scruffy Sheppard appeared. That preview gives me something to cling to for the next few weeks.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana
                        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Pretty good ep, but nothing really special.

Perfecto!

Comment

I'd have to agree that Season 4 was the best season. Season 5 has been inconsistent regarding the quality of episodes, especially the writing.

I was disappointed once again at the lack of input from Teyla. She has been one of the most underused main characters in Stargate history. Would it have been an improvement if Teyla was a 'runner' instead of Ronon, and Ronon didn't exist? (at no discredit to Jason Momoa)

Although I enjoyed this episode, I would have preferred it to be more memorable. I am hoping that the last 2 episodes will cap off SGA's fantastic run in style.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAsgard View Post
                              SG1 had conect 2 another terminal for both bodies 2 be inhabited by the stone users and thus u recieve a plot hole see SG1 Origin
                              Perhaps the vast distance between the two galaxies in the SG-1 instance required two terminals. Maybe the terminal in the Pegasus galaxy was a new and improved model with different features. There are plenty of reasonable explanations as to why it worked differently in this episode, and if there is a reasonable explanation, it's not a plot hole.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

What I don't get is that it seems anything made by the Ancients is fairly easy to use EXCEPT when it comes to their version of a cell phone.

It's as if you call your mother but the only way to end the call is to blow up your phone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X