No announcement yet.

Why didn't they send a nuke after the Replicators to make sure, just in case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't they send a nuke after the Replicators to make sure, just in case

after all the Replicators flew out into space through the space gate, Atlantis should have sent a nuke there after them, just in case.

they left them floating right near that space gate. that means if someone (for example a Wraith dart) arrives at that space gate they could take those replicators for study, and possibly use them as a weapon. they could even discover the location of Atlantis from their memory.

if they really wanted to make sure the replicators were destroyed they should have sent a nuke to destroy them. So why didn't they??

the writers wanted to keep that window open in case they'd want to bring back Weir, but it makes Woolsey and Sheperd look stupid. how come they don't realize how dangerous it is to leave those replicators right at the space gate for anyone to find?

I think the point was that it was a compromise. They didnt want to kill them because they weren't sure if it was really Weir or not and if their intentions were truely trustworthy, but they couldnt keep them on Atlantis. This way maybe one day when they have the ability to give them human bodies without compromising their own security, they can retrieve them.

Comment

I don't think it would have given the end of the episode the same effect. Here they have this emotional final goodbye to the Weir character and then they send out a nuke and completely obliterate her body. I just don't think it would have given the same feeling, ya know?

Comment

a nuke? seems like a waste to kill off a handful of survivors, a more reasonable suggestion was getting the ARG and start poping them at the same time

Comment

plus a nuke would have destroyed the gate and any nearby planets may suffer, and hasnt ROdney already blown up enough of this galaxy

Comment

that possibly would have done the trick, but that was just awful what they did just tricking them and leaving them to float in space, but they also could be picked up by someone
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Also hasnt weird been through enough to be nuked
              she doesnt deserve to float there for god knows how long. :'(
              (just rewatched the ep and am very upset still at what happened to poor lizzy )

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
              Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
              SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
                plus a nuke would have destroyed the gate and any nearby planets may suffer, and hasnt ROdney already blown up enough of this galaxy

Anyway, Atlantis put in the biggest freezer in the galaxy so they are in cold storage for the time being. Since they are in cold storage they can come back it is kinda like what they did to ascension. A main character dies and they ascend him if they want to bring them back they say they came back in human form to fight the big bad.
                Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Why didn't they send the nuke ? or even tried to take the Body to some other holding place ?
                  I remember when Anubis took over that Russian Guy and went to that ice planet, we saw him frozen in the last shoot, i ask the same question? why not make sure send a nuke ,it probably would not kill him , but it buried the gate ,and it would take anubis many yr or century to figure a way out.But they didn't and Anubis spent about a yr and return as evil as ever almost destory all life in Milkyway.

May be the writer want Dr weir and the other replicator return and piss off , and make Woolsy regard not sending the nuke

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
                    after all the Replicators flew out into space through the space gate, Atlantis should have sent a nuke there after them, just in case.

they left them floating right near that space gate. that means if someone (for example a Wraith dart) arrives at that space gate they could take those replicators for study, and possibly use them as a weapon.
                    O, dear sir AscendedThor, why are you so cruel? Really, I prefer to be optimist and hope that if somene will pick them up this someone will be better that atlantians and will not onle "unfreeze" replicators but also will "warm" them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X