No announcement yet.

Bad CGI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absolutely love the old blue/green hive!..the purple one does look cheap in comparison!

the ships in the lost tribe disappointed me; looked really dull and uncreative....as did the space combat.

as for this ep....yea the CG is bad....was like a trip back to 1997 video game CGI

but the cake goes to those ice blasts! they really did looked like carved Styrofoam!

Comment

The freeze lightning effects were nice, albeit generic energy/light bursts. The actual frozen sections made me laugh.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

After re watching Brain Storm I will have to stick to my opinion even more. The CGI IMO was not that bad at all. They do seem to do better CG with space battles and such than buildings but it wasn't bad at all.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The best cgi in the episode was the inserted cold breath. Subtle yet effective. It was missing from SG-1 in Antarctica in 'Frozen'.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Yes I have seen Sanctuary and they have had their fair share of bad CGI
            Heh, it looks like a bad computer game - but apparently some people think its fine (or they have bad televisions

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
              Hmm, depends which part: I found the explosion of Janus' facility in "The Lost Tribe" absolutely awful. You can see screencaps of the scene at the bottom of http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...ps/dvd-56.html. In fact, it was the worst CGI in all SGA in my opinion.
              Th Atlantis season 4 ender was horrible CGI. the Building looked like Outerlimits quality CGI. very low budget! (still likes outerlimits ;P) alot of animation shortcuts are taken in the later seasons Atlantis. not nearly as much as, oh, say That new Star Wars movie. but still we, as fans aren't stupid we know a good quality scene when we see one. I often buy a video game because the animation is quality, (I enjoyed playing Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy).

It seems that most people are complaining about the space battles and the ship explosions, I guess they could bring EVE online artists and let them animate that for them.

Comment

In Stargate history, though, the "bad CGI" that disturbed me most was in Crystal Skull, when Teal'C is running on that stone bridge in the cave. The background look so fake, and strange...

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjadoom View Post
                  Anyone else think that the CG images of the building everyone was in was really bad? I mean I've seen so much better stuff in all the other episodes but recently the CG stuff in Atlantis has been going downhill, especially when they try to do images of a town or building or something.
                  I've been thinking that ever since I first saw it. Love the episode, but that scene made me feel a bit ashamed, my friend said something like "seriously, I wouldn't have thought you liked series that look so fake" - and I couldn't even hit her for that
                  sigpic
                  The Tok'ra * Rodney McKay * Whump * Ba'al * // "Electric Sperm!" - Jason Momoa [25.10.09]

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis-abydos View Post
                    I've been thinking that ever since I first saw it. Love the episode, but that scene made me feel a bit ashamed, my friend said something like "seriously, I wouldn't have thought you liked series that look so fake" - and I couldn't even hit her for that
                    so sad *hugs*

Comment

Yeah I can't argue that scene was just awful and I thought the frost looked like they'd sprayed foam all over the place. Besides that I don't think the CGI's going downhill so I personally am just going to forgive the lapse in quality.
                      You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
                      -Libba Bray

Comment

Working...
                      X